It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iran taped entire hostage crisis and these tapes will soon greatly discredit u.k. gov't?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
edit: just to clarify, this is just speculation.

there is something fishy in the air in my opinion pertaining to iran's conduct post-release of the hostages. sure, they have denied the allegations of psychological abuse and coercions, etc., but they haven't been as vocal as i assumed they would have been...

so, there is a possibility that iran videotaped the entire hostage crisis, from the apprehension at sea to every single minute for each hostage on iranian soil... each moment is accounted for on tape...

now, the hostages have been released and quite predictably the u.k. government worked the hostages to recant their admissions and complain about their harassment at the hands of the iranians...

iran is giving the u.k. rope to hang themselves with!

the tapes, when released, will completely discredit the u.k. government!

the historical parallel to all this is of course clear:

u-2 crisis - u-2 spy plane shot down over soviet territory; u.s. completely denies that it's a spy plane, says that it's a nasa vehicle; six days later, kruschev announces:

“I must tell you a secret. When I made my first report I deliberately did not say that the pilot was alive and well… and now just look how many silly things [the Americans] have said.”

[edit on 8-4-2007 by db330]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well,

- Where is the source of that information?

Because if it's true, it would be very very interesting ...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think that Iran was having a bit of fun! Those hostages looked in better shape than someone who's just come back from their holiday's.

SR

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just caught them talking about this on Channel Four News in the UK and basically Colonel Bob Stewart and some other guy who i didn't catch his name but anyway basically Col bob is saying that the UK Navy and the Army have conducted themselves foolishly, The media victimising Faye Tuney the most instead of the other 14 was wrong and that the armed services are going to be caught with there pants pulled down and our reputation could be further damaged.

The other guy really didn't have a chance to get a word in edge ways but i'm going to check the news website and youtube and other sites to see if anyone has a video clip of the interview.

Edit: My bad i missed the first two minutes the news report is actually about the row over them selling there stories still the points made through the report are good and they'll all look pretty stupid if Iran shows that they infact have no story to sell.

www.channel4.com...

It's the top story.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by SR]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What hostages?

Is this something new? Iran has now hostages, after they capture and released the prisoners in their waters?

I think the UK soldiers while in captivity did a terrific job they did what they needed to do to stay alive . . .

Why this is going to damage the UK arm services?

Is this because they didn't got beaten up and were not starved to death?

Tony Blair needs to stop listening to Bush and start taking care of his own people.

Is horrific enough to be caught made a prisoner but to degrade the soldiers because they didn't received any visible punishment is not right.

This is just making the whole issue about the Axis of evil Iran as nothing but propaganda for private agendas.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This could mold out to a perfect move for Iran if it is true. Release the prisoners, you've taped the whole ordeal while treating the prisoners at very high standards so you can shove it back in their face. Not only will they have gotten away with kidnapping these sailors and marines, but then release them with proof of propor treatment. Basically a brilliant PR move. That is, if its true.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't think there is any chance of them filming "every single minute". Would they do it Big Brother style and have infra-red cameras while they sleep? Also, if they had hours of footage, why did they use so little when releasing the videos to state television?

Even some of the video shown on Iranian TV was not from Iranian cameras. The close up of HMS Cornwall? They were never that close to the warship and used library pictures instead - and they didn't even say the were library pictures like you are supposed to.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While I dont think they did, It wouldnt be hard to film them around the clock.
Especially if they were detained in primary places.
Also,
You would do this, because you could pretty much bet your bottom dollar that the press would release outrageous headlines like ' illtreatment of troops....''

so when you show them the footage, you show just how messed up the propoganda rags are that people seem to swallow up.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This thread is based entirely on speculation and no truth to back any of it. Moving on.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Iran plans book, CD on Britons' detention

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran plans to release a book and CD detailing the arrest and detention of 15 British sailors and marines whom Tehran blames for illegally crossing into Iranian waters, an Iranian military spokesman said...

Three days after their release, Iran released more video of the Britons smiling and playing games during their detention.

Iran's al-Alam network said the video, which aired Sunday, showed they were held "in comfort" and enjoyed "complete freedom" during their captivity...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Iran's al-Alam network said the video, which aired Sunday, showed they were held "in comfort" and enjoyed "complete freedom" during their captivity...

Ok then why didn't they just walk straight out of the place they were being held and make a phone call home and arrange passage home or do the Iranians have there own form of complete freedom.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh you guys crack me up, you wont believe anything out of the west, even if its videoed, full documentation you name it, but you will jump all over an edited tape from IRAN?? Sure it will show when they played chess, had tea and crumpets, but you think they can even show us all 2 weeks if they tried or wanted to?

Its obvious you guys that sympathize with every known terrorist org and go against the most helpful nations in the world will never see the light. And no Im not saying the US/UK -West is perfect or doesnt do messed up things at times, but it still doesnt change the fact that We help the rest of the world so much its not even funny, We support and help more third world countries than the entire world put together and thats a fact, yet we are oppressors and do nothing but bad.....

If the soldiers that were ACTUALLY there say they didnt like the visit and were mistreated I think I will go with their story and not you wanna be internet gurus that talk about how the MAN is watching you and you know secrets nobody knows.

And again NO I do not believe alot of the stuff from mainstream media by any means but usually your info from highly questionable blogs and shady news sites is so subpar its seems like a joke most the time and I will suggest you refrain from instantly believing them 100% as well....

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Wiz4769]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
Its obvious you guys that sympathize with every known terrorist org and go against the most helpful nations in the world will never see the light. And no Im not saying the US/UK -West is perfect or doesnt do messed up things at times, but it still doesnt change the fact that We help the rest of the world so much its not even funny, We support and help more third world countries than the entire world put together and thats a fact, yet we are oppressors and do nothing but bad.....
[edit on 11-4-2007 by Wiz4769]

I agree, that doesnt excuse the attrocities that have been inflicted on Iraq.
And unfortunately, Iraq really blocks out any sunlight of 'goodwill' the OLD USA used to do.

You were under different management then, and the management back then was actually dedicated to peace and prosperity for other nations.

Your management now, seems quite happy destroying the lives of millions, if only to make a few filthy rich.

As for this tape im sure its CLEARLY propoganda.
BUT, not eveything that comes out of BOTH nations is propoganda.
But I like the way people are so quick to say this that and the other, the ngo onto another thread about tortured Iranians and so forth and say EXACTLY the opposite.

Its unbelieveable how people turn a blind eye if their 'prefered' nation is under attack.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
But I dont see most denying the whole Gitmo type issues, most say its not that bad or what have you, but most dont straight up deny bad things happed there.

Yet you have this thread and people actually saying the UK soldiers were treated like kings and are lying about being scared or mistreated?? Theres a pretty big difference there.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The fifteen hostages also came home with goody bag's...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They probrobly were a bit scared, but at least the female hostage had a fag. I thought western woman would have had her fingers cut off for that or made to smoke cigars!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think Iran screwed up. If they had sticked absolutely to the Geneva Convention, making sure to videotape the whole thing, then handed the sailors back ASAP (as I understand it, part of the sluggish initial response was due to New Years Holidays), that would have been a propaganda coup. Especially if they had then mentioned their own diplomats being held by the USA, one of whom looked really badly beat up.

I think if Iran had something like this, they would have released it by now. They're already running their government officials in the ground by engaging in back door diplomacy in the Gulf to avert war with the USA, something that good I would have expected to have been released by now.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It was all a terrible misunderstanding... I think they got there Iran and Iraq mixed up!
At least no one was hurt that's the main thing.
So they should be deeply thankful to Mr. Andinajad, it could have been alot worse. They expected a ruck and it never came. Why do people have to alway's think bad of people who live their live's in a different way? Especially in another land when it has got nothing to do with us really..

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was actualy thinking along these lines a couple of days ago.

What I was thinking was that Iran would've been real smart to have treated the soldiers like high profile guests and recorded every second of the 2 weeks to one up the US and UK with any claims about maltreatment.

Especialy now that we have these soldiers publicly claiming their were treated badly and tortured.

The problem with the soldiers accounts is that they hold no credence at all since for all we know they are simply following their orders and there is no doubt in my mind that the UK goverment would tell them to do that even if it wasn't true.

Don't think I'm rooting for Iran, all I'm doing is having some hope that out of all the players in the upcoming conflict, at least one of them has some shred of decensy and maturity left in them.

Thing is, its all to obvious that the "leaders" on our side don't.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by db330
iran taped entire hostage crisis

Can we please have a source to back up this claim, as I have not seen one posted yet saying that they taped the entire hostage crisis. I've only seen that they are releasing a CD and Book about it. I don't understand why there has been no source posted to back this claim up yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join