It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a jealous little bastard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why is it that I can't have any good feelings inside me for a week?

First, I was depressed about some girl.
Then, I was depressed about how I feel about my guitar soloing skills.

Now, I'm pissed off at myself about how jealous I am.

If you've read the post I've made about this, then you may know how I feel. If not, I'l tell you the story.

In my band, our drummer and our rhythm guitarist are going out.

And it's been bothering me for the past week. I've been so stressed out about it I haven't eaten for a week, and that can't be good.

I wanted to date our drummer. Really bad. I mean really bad. Not only is she good looking, but her personality is great and she kicks ass at the drums. So, I told my friend (our rhythm guitarist) that I wanted to date her, and he said:

Originally Said by Our Guitarist Who always gets the hot girls before me! (ARRRARRG!)
Dude, we're already going out.

So that had me pissed off for a while. Not at him. Or at her. Or at myself. Just at the fact that people always get the things I want before I can get to them.

But now, I'm over it. I realize the fact that as of now, I don't have a chance.

However...

Whenever I see them talking or walking together (not even holding hands or anything), all of a sudden, I feel heavy.

Why?

And can anyone tell me how to not feel this way?

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
thats why were humans man^^
i love being a hater^^

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
And can anyone tell me how to not feel this way?

TheRanchMan

You have a lot of valid issues that would make you feel crappy. I for one, felt the way you did when I was young, and eventually just got tired of letting myself feel that way.

I always thought that everyone else got what I "deserved", and felt like I got cheated all the time.

The only thing that got me out of it, was to quit worrying about it and stop comparing myself to everyone else. I quit thinking about what other people had and just let loose. I started partying and becoming social and not letting what other people thought or did bug me. It really worked well, because it offends me a lot less to think about how unfair life is.

Besides, life is unfair and you had better begin now in learning how to constructively deal with it otherwise you might go postal on some innocent people and wind up dead or in prison the rest of your life.

You sound like you have some talents and interests. Why not concentrate on your positive points and start believing that they make you an awesome dude in your own rights. Eventually you will feel good with or without everything going your way.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Things may be going my way.

We found out that our rhythm guitarist is a liar.

He's been coming to practice with this awesome sounding rhythm, saying he's been playing it for years, and now he finally has a use for it.

At this weekend's practice, I showed him some ways to modify the rhythm, because I thought of a way to change it. In defense (because he's a defensive little bugger), he says "Well, listen to this and tell me how it sounds". He goes over to his laptop and plays the song. I had thought he had recorded himself playing the rhythm. Then I hear vocals. It was the lead singer of the Cranberries. He had stolen the main riff from "Zombie"! In his defense, he say that he added an extra strum to change it up from the original (even though he said that he had created it, which makes 2 lies), so it was different.

Unfortunately for him, he had taught me the intro before this event, and I played it. The drummer (his girlfriend) got out from behind her drums (because at this point our drummer and bassist were standing up watching the 2 lead guitarists arguing with the rhythm guitarist) and watched me. She says to him that it sounds exactly the same as the song. He says that I played it wrong, and then plays it differently, but everyone caught him changing the rhythm to cover his ass.

But, being myself, I said that we can keep it if we changed it around, but keep the same basic rhythm, considering our dummer and bassist had already made a rhythm and I didn't want to inconvienence them, and I had made a good solo based on the rhythm.

But now, our drummer is pissed off at him, and has been calling me to talk to me about him, and how pissed off she was. Now she's talking to me like crazy.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Now she's talking to me like crazy.

TheRanchMan

.........and sometimes things do go your way. But do your best to hang loose whatever happens.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, yes they do.

The drummer asked me out today.

Long story short, we made out in her kitchen.

Sweet.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ah the politics of music, at lest you got the girl in the end.
Now your troubles really begin.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The next thing I worry about is how she's going to tell him. No one has gotten in contact with him outside school, because he's been grounded and can't use the phone, Internet, or go out anywhere.

I still haven't talked to her since practice (because I was working at my house and I didn't get home until 10:30, and I wouldn't call that late because her mom would get upset), and I want to ask her what to do around him, and how I should act. We'll work it out.

I'm just glad I got the girl.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 4/21/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well, here's hoping that you don't learn another of life's hard lessons:

Don't date people you work with.

Your drummer may be hot and desirable, etc., but if (when) you guys call it quits, most likely you're going to find that the awkwardness between you now that you've made out and got over it will put an awful lot of tension on your band.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but I've lived a long time, and I've seen it over and over again: don't get romantically involved with those with whom you work.

Good luck to you. I hope you live happily ever after an don't find out what I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I told her those exact wordsw. We made an agreement that what is between us won't come between the band.

TheRanchMan

new topics

top topics

join