It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis Wish to Put up Saddam's Statue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After all the trouble we went through to shamefully stage the statue toppling the Iraqis now want it back. The 'freedom' statue we had erected in it's place is not formenting the spread of Freedom and the Iraqis feel they were better off under Saddam. Whoda thunkit?

Iraqis who once celebrated and even participated in pulling down Saddam Hussein's statue four years ago when US tanks rolled into Baghdad in a heart-breaking scene for many Arabs and Muslims are now lamenting the good old days under the late president.

"We were happy. At that time we thought everything would get better. In fact, the opposite has happened. There is this insecurity," Mona Mahmud, a 46-year-old mother of two, told Agence France Presse (AFP) Saturday, April 7.

"Today, when I look at the statue, I feel overwhelmed by sadness."

More at source

Freedom does not come the the end of a gun or the point of a stick.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's their country, (once the Americans give it back to them), they should be able to put up any statue they want.
It still won't bring back the evil bastard that ended up swinging on the end of a rope.

Saddam will always be a part of their history, and if his supporters want to honor his reign, I guess they should be allowed to do so.

I don''t see this situation being solved until Iraq has a full scale civil war.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

join