It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinite's Easter Message 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
**PLEASE READ: This thread IS NOT a "fight club". I do not want this being thrashed by those who want to argue against things in this thread. If you don't believe it, fine, but DON'T TRASH IT**

Fellow members of ATS, this year, I have decided to do something a little bit different. Instead of just posting "happy Easter, God bless", I will do something special.I shall give a mini like service on ATS (A first I believe)

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
Bible: Matthew, 28. 6

Today, we celebrate the Sunday of the Resurrection. But we also use the message of Easter to speak out against the suffering of are fellow brothers and sisters.

The first thing to think about on this day, whether you're a Christian or not, is the amount of violence within the Middle East. Thousands and thousands have died in Iraq. Many of the victims are children. The Middle East is an area of the world that needs to be solved in order to bring peace to the world.

Northern Ireland is an example of what can happen if people move away from violence and solve their issues using diplomacy. My parents fled Northern Ireland before I was born because of the violence. I even had a family member killed by the IRA. If you told me 10 years ago that peace in Northern Ireland would come about, I probably would of laughed. But now, we have peace. The guns have been replaced by ballot boxes, and the two old enemies are now going into government. Together. The Bible has a message to us Irish people, which really does speak of our history, including the war of independence, the civil war and the troubles of uslter. Revelation 21:4 gives us Ireland this message

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Now, its time to use the final part of this message to speak about ATS. I have been a member for nearly four years now and its been a great four years. I've learned a lot over these years and met some fantastic people. But it seems that ATS has fallen into conflict recently. Members seem not to debate anymore, but argue and fight. ATS message is Deny Ignorance, but some seem to embrace ignorance. Why? What has changed? Religion, politics and UFO's have always been a "heated" group on ATS. Sadly now, we see so much hate in these subjects. Just because you don't understand someone or a culture doesn't mean you should hate them for being different
ATS a one big family, united and strong. We have something that is unbreakable.

Happy Easter, Deny Ignorance, Deny Hate and God Bless.

join