It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demand for a ATS Billboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What about a ATS Billboard?
...meant in the sense like what Billboard magazine is to the music industry. Ratings and holding up against each other. Instant gratification ...or acknowledge of faillure.

We need a to know it clear and loud, how well or bad we're doing. Give us a page where it's said.

We could call it something like..

THE[color=#363636]. TOP[color=#363636]. TWENTY[color=#363636]. T H R E A D S[color=#363636]. o f[color=#363636]. t h e[color=#363636]. WEEK

Week number: xx [color=#363636]. . . . year: xx [color=#363636]. . . . . . . from . . /xx/xx/ . . to . . /xx/xx/
PLACE [color=#363636]. . . . . THREAD[color=#363636]. .INFORMATION [color=#363636]. . . . . . . . RESPOND[color=#363636]. .WEEK [color=#363636]. . . . . RESPOND[color=#363636]. .TOTAL
this|last | Title |Created@Time|Forum|Author | Replies|Views | Replies|Views | Flags

..etc.

Given the debate over the sacrifice of the view tally luxery, I think many members miss a page like this. I bet it would be a hit in the statistic's department.

I don't know anything about the technical specifications for such a set-up, but I can't think it would be much of a load on the server.

Index the 100 top threads, write out top twenty once a week.

What do you think?
What does Skeptic think?

[edit on 8-4-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oddly enough, this is being worked on... in the mean time...

This page...

Is pretty close.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
With the visions and steady pace developments on ATS are progressing with, nothing odd about that at all. Thank you, Skeptic!

You know I tend to agree what chissler said about the changes. Something like everyday on ATS is Christmas, everyday you log in something new.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I was just poking around and noticed the comment order in our profiles has been reversed, with the most recent being on top. I was waiting for that to happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Stay Tuned...

S ...

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I imagine the only thing left to do is to hire Casey Kasem.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The AboveTopSecret.com Week In Review

This new feature is now in "BETA" and ready for members to begin playing with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above page shows the hot threads of the current week, with links on the right to the hottest threads in each week, dating back to September 27, 2003.

There's a great deal of interesting stuff burried deep in the dark corders of old threads.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It could have been-
if the "demand" by the author was not one being worked on.

Wheeeeeh! Thank Goodness.

Looking forward to the Billboard-Hope my picture appears at one time or another...just for fun!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Invisible fonts coming soon!

Stay Tuned...

S ...

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Springer]

... but how would we know they're not already here?

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Invisible font
wow. Im guessing it will be something where you have to highlight the area to see it? maybe? Sounds like it would be fun

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Looking forward to the Billboard

See my post, just above yours.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The AboveTopSecret.com Week In Review

This new feature is now in "BETA" and ready for members to begin playing with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simply Wonderful!!!!

The ATS archives is an excellent place for research and this new tool will only make it easier to peek into the vault....

Just make sure Sandy Berger doesn't gain access....

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Great stuff! Sure exciting to linger down memory lane and recollect stuff you almost forgot about.

One thing I missed (or couldn't find) on the page, was an option to return to this week once you've been in the back-archives.

But... the issue of view tallies still remains. Like it is said in the other thread "many of us would be willing to trade something to get the views back if proccesor time is the issue."

Just a simple column of views within the last 12, 24 or 48 hours in ranging order. That would -- to many of us -- tell more than the thread was flagged 6, 7 or 8 times.

new topics

top topics

join