It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey Bees Disappearance in US Mystery UPDATE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can't help myself from thinking that this has something to do with G.M crops, the bee's pollinate the crops and eat the nectar. Bats eat maily insects, which at least in the larveal stage mainly eat plants, so the bats are ingesting this stuff by proxy. Bats are highly sensitive to chemicals (I know this as fact as my mother is a bat protection volunteer. She currently has 23 bats living in a bat house I built, I had to be very careful what i used in the construction as bats are so vunerable). It just strikes me as odd that this is happening at the time when humans are playing god with our food crops.

sty

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it looks like everything that uses radio-waves for orientation is going extinct. Is there something wrong with the Earth EM field or humans are the cause with their Wi-Fi technology?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am reading more and more about how bad GM crops are. They are beginning to find out that it causes cancer on a widespread basis and that GM crops are responsible for the bees disappearance.

There is nothing natural about this die-off, not in the symptoms or how they die. Other animals don't take over the hives after they are empty - wonder why? They have found food remnants in bee's stomachs that are undigested and they think it's fragments of the GM crops that are undigestible. This isn't good and it's not a good sign either.

And yes, the earth's magnetic field IS changing and that doesn't help either.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this is just a citizen update about the once missing bees which pollinate
all kinds of crops & flowers.

at least here in the SC coastal area, the small honey bee (which sometime sting the bare foot) have been seen here along the coast,

i was sorta taken aback with the unusual 'buzzzzz' sound and was quite relieved to actually see a honey-bee which was completely absent from this community last year.

My Japanese garden and the enclosing cedar fencing
has been indudated with both wasps and those large (as big as a thumb knuckle) 'Bumble Bees' or else 'Carpenter Bees' all of the last 1 1/2 years...

but the little buzzing critters are returning, or at least making a presence
at the purple flowering stalks of all the Ajuga plants i have.

The bigger bees are still around, maybe 20-1, but the little buggers are
making a comeback here at Lat 33.44.00 Long -79.00.00

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonCalling
Ive heard its to do with the migration of them killer hornets. By god i hope i heard wrong, if i so much as presume one is in within 100 miles of me ill kill myself lol

You got to check this video out, it's in relation to the Killer Hornets, except these are from Japan, not to say they aren't elsewhere, but sheesh, these things are huge.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If all the honey bees were to die the human race would follow in four years. THE END IS NEAR!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It looks like they're making a comeback.

There's been 3-4 instances of bee swarms reported on the Southern border of Arizona in the last couple of months . . . not killer bees from what the news reports.

Although, I haven't seen a bee here in N/W Arizona for some time.

One of the guys who goes to the Saturday morning donut shop gatherings reports seeing a swarm along the highway a week or so back.

Along with that, recently and several weeks back I saw a couple of pickups that were wiped out with bees on the grille and windshield.

Good news methinks....

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

One of the patterns reported by the group at Penn State was that all producers in a preliminary survey noted a period of "extraordinary stress" affecting the colonies in question prior to their die-off, most commonly involving poor nutrition and/or drought. This is the only factor that all of the cases of CCD had in common in this report; accordingly, there is at least some significant possibility that the phenomenon is correlated to nutritional stress, and may not manifest in healthy, well-nourished colonies.

en.wikipedia.org...

I bet this is related to some common supplement, given to bees here in the USA, especially when bee keepers find their hives are "under stress".

I further bet that this supplement is made in China, or some other foreign country.

The reason that this has been so hard to find? The contaminant is no longer present in that supplement, due to better quality control by the foreign vendor (for now.)

The whole problem might just be THAT SIMPLE.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This article points out warnings that Einstein gave concerning disappearing bees.

Albert Einstein warned humankind of two approaching apocalypses: on was nuclear annihilation and the other involved bees. He said: "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left.

This didn't sound right to me, and I did some investigation. It appears that Einstein NEVER said this. There is no record of this quote anywhere (and Einstein's quotes are all very well documented.)

So making use of this quote adds nothing to to discussion, but undermines the seriousness and credibility of this issue by introducing bogus information.

www.snopes.com...
www.thedailygreen.com...

I didn't see this refuted anywhere else in this thread. (Sorry if this point has already been made elsewhere.)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A hive moved into a house down the street, so we all of a sudden have a lot of bees. Every time we have the chem planes doing their "thing", I notice a lot of dead bees on the drive way etc.. I also find dead hornets.
I have never had a company come out and spray the exterior of my home because I have many pets.
I take a clean mason jar, set it in the open within 24 hours of spraying it is coated with a fine "salt & pepper" powder, along with a fine yellow dust ( not pollen )

I have heard that scientists say it is difficult to find a dead bee. I have dead bees, hornets and the powder from above. would someone like to run tests?
My family becomes congested, and I feel that I have had chemical burns

Thanks,

Not Insane

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LondonCalling

its not a hornet it is a wasp- in both cases-

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by born65

and the wasp was engineered from what i can read- from venezuela and uruguay

its meningitis in the bats- Cryptococcosis strain -

and in the bees it is the predatory wasp that eats honey bee larvae- without a trace

if it was a pesticide both would have developed slowly not suddenly-

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by born65

Who engineered this?

look at 1-1162

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mystery? I thought this was already solved-strange mites growing on the bees killed the hive-well in any case they have already come up with a solution they are now breeding "super" bees to kick out bees infected with the mites and the therefore stopping the spread....although I do wonder what will happen when the super bee mixes with the killer bee.

SUPER BEES!!!!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join