It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crew Held by Iran can Sell Stories to Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Crew held by Iran can sell stories to media

uk.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - The 15 sailors and marines held by Iran for 13 days will be allowed to sell their stories to the media, in a break with usual rules, the Defence Ministry said on Saturday.

Serving personnel were not normally allowed to sell their stories but the ministry decided to grant the 15 permission due to the huge media interest, said a ministry spokeswoman. "These are considered to be exceptional circumstances," she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/7 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I saw this and it reminded me of someone who claimed that the 15 would cash in, I guess that person was correct.

This whole situation has "WEIRD" written all over it

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is disgusting...

Think of the numerous men and women who have died in Iraq, this lot is now milking it. I don't believe the MOD statement regarding the selling of the stories. It's propaganda. We are basically telling Iran "Hey, we can do better than you".

Skynews had a gentlemen on, who's son died in Iraq, the poor guy was nearly in tears. And he said this,

"i've never asked for a penny to tell my son's story nore have i've been paid to"

The Archbishop of Rochester was right, the UK seems to make up morality as we go alone.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well here in the US people sell their stories with no problem at all the time, write a book and make lost of money.

Why not the UK troops.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why not the UK troops.

Because its not right. The troops were only doing their job. Plus all of them are still serving, not retired.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What better way for UK officials to deny anything that possibly could be revealed by these former Iranian captives?

You can't believe anything the crew says, it has all been contrived, made up, and sensationalized so they could SELL their stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Conservatives Party WILL be bringing this up during Prime Minister question time next week.

I REALLY do not know what went through the mind of the government to let them sell their stories. Does the government want the public opinion to be against them even more?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
infinite, did you read my post above yours?

Think about it!

I thought we had conspiracy minded members here.

It is the perfect way for UK officials to deny any potential bad press that may now, or eventually one day be leaked by this UK crew.

Read between the rage and hype!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well here in the US people sell their stories with no problem at all the time, write a book and make lost of money.

Who other then Jessica Lynch has sold a story/book Marg.

If they want to write a book wait until they are out of the services is what I say.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

If they want to write a book wait until they are out of the services is what I say.

I think that they will and should do it.

BTW many retired Generals and officials have written books about Iraq and the war.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

BTW many retired Generals and officials have written books about Iraq and the war.

Yes I know they have. It is very common to write a book after you get out but another issue if they are still in.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Who other then Jessica Lynch has sold a story/book

I think she was out of the service prior to release of her book as well.

FYI - Just heard on FNC the female UK sailor potential earnings for her story could be $300,000+

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This a link to all the books that has been written since the gulf war, including the Gulf, Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you look at the names is well known Generals and US officials plus a few names of soldiers, including the one that deserted to Canada Joshua Key.

familybookstore.tripod.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you look at the names is well known Generals and US officials plus a few names of soldiers, including the one that deserted to Canada Joshua Key.

Marg most of those are exactly what I said. They were written once they were out not in. And once again I say there is one big differaence between writting a book then after you are out.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Marg most of those are exactly what I said. They were written once they were out not in.

Shots I don't understand your problem with my post, is nowhere in any of them that said active duty.

I said that they should sell their stories and write books, I even specified that Retired Generals has written about he war.

So what part is confusing you.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So what part is confusing you.

Nothing at all. I was just stressing the fact they were all written once they were out of the service and I have no problem with that at all. What I do have a problem with is when an individuals writes one on active duty. I am not sure but that may and I am just saying may under certain circumstances prohibited by regulations.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One of them has just came out and said he will not sell his story

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
One of them has just came out and said he will not sell his story

Good for him
I am not all that fond the idea anyhow, but perhaps he is just holding out. The Tabloids will be lurking in the corners willing to pay big bucks for anything they can twist and turn and that is the part I do not like.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

One of the Royal Navy personnel held by Iran has said that any money he made out of his story would go to charity.

It follows the announcement that the 15 former captives have been given special permission to cash in by selling their stories to the media.

Lieutenant Felix Carman said: "I am not interested in making money out of this. My main aim is to tell the story.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You all do know the MoD is reviewing what they say before they are allowed to sell their stories/talk to the press.....

They are doing exactly what the Iranians done milking this for all it is worth....

Cleary the spin doctors @ no 10 want full spin on this which is rather sad, so much for the armed forces reputation, this will damage it.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join