It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple of things from my childhood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Inspired by another thread in here about their childhood monsters, I'd like to share some of my experiences. It all happened around the ages 6-17. I am now twenty five.

I remember when I was about nine years old, my mother, little brother and I lived in a small house. We were told that the grandmother to the family that lived there before us had died there.

On several occasions, my mother would run to the store at the end of our street and I'd have to watch my little brother. Sometimes this would be during the day and other times later in the evening.

But when she was gone, I could hear walking in the attic. Back and forth, back and forth. It would continue for the duration of my mothers absence. It would happen every time. I got so afraid, I'd get a kitchen knife and sit in the living room with all the lights on shaking. I told her of this several times, but she's like that kind of person that, if it doesn't happen to them, they think you are just imagining it. (Extremely irritating :flame

I'd tell her about it and "Maybe you just fell asleep and had a nightmare." or something to that tune.

And an interesting thing is that, one day my mother wanted to move some things from the garage into the attic, but when she tried opening the attic door, it was completely impossible. It was stuck. She stood there for about an hour trying to pry it off, but to no avail. I remember this as I was sitting there watching "The Prisoner".

I'll skip a few years now, I can't recall everything that happened to me unfortunately.

I was living in Alabama with my grandmother while my mother lived in Norway. My grandparents had just bought a brand new home in an area that was still being developed. Right down the street from us, there was (and still is) the end of the road with a large wooded area. It's strange, because at night (every night) the wind will blow towards the wooded area. And if you stand in the street, it will feel like it's trying to push you towards the woods. After a year of living there, I found out there's actually a morgue there, and on the other side of the street, a church and cemetery.

On one occasion, I parked my car with my friend at the end of the road at night and turned off all the lights. after ten minutes, we saw what appeared to be "red glowing eyes" appear in the bushes. Now of course, this could have been animals, but you have to be there to get the feeling that we did. I was so scared I couldn't even turn on the car and get out of there. I felt if I made any movements, we'd be attacked. That's the last time we tried that.

And in the same house, at night, I could hear what sounded like scratching on the side of the house right outside my window. This would happen many times. It's like if you take a bare tree branch and scrape it alongside the vinyl siding. And there is absolutely nothing on the side of the house. No trees or bushes. Nothing except plain grass.

On an interesting note, my brother went to visit my grandparents. He said that he's also heard this strange sound many nights. He was shocked that we both experienced it.

While visiting my grandparents house, he also had heard banging on the back door. He thought it was someone trying to get in, so he took my old baseball bat and flung open the back door. He then heard something run. (he couldn't see what though) While adjusting to the darkness, he saw what appeared to be a black creature appear behind one of the many bushed my grandmother had planted. He said he got the chills running up and down his spine, as he could tell this was no man. He took the baseball bat and flung it towards the bush. And when he did, this thing ran towards the ditch right behind our back yard and ran into a large sewer pipe. My brother stayed up all night that night.

Thanks for reading, if you all wouldn't mind, check out my other thread. I really need some help, and it seems no matter where I go, I only get more questions!

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that I'll find no help on ATS?

I'm seriously down in a rut. So much has happened with my family and myself these past fifteen years, especially after moving back to Norway.

If anyone out there would be willing to talk with me and try to help, take a look at my other thread here

Thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I feel badly for you after reading your posts and unfortunately I cannot offer any type of sound advice. I would not be qualified in the first place but I can offer some sound advice that may lead you in the right direction.

I think you may just be a sensitive person to spirits or ghosts and that it probably runs in your bloodline. Otherwise if I were to attempt to attach it to a medical disorder it would be anxiety disorder of some form.

I would lean towards you being more sensitive to spirits or ghosts more so and perhaps you should take a look at your local bookstore in the new age section and just take a look for titles that "pop out" at you, open then up and read a few pages..... You may be surprised what you'll find if you dig for 20-30 minutes.

www.ghostvillage.com...

That's also a neat read from a site that may be helpful for you.

Remember, some of the creepiest things can be explained sometimes quite simply.... Take for instance the scratching on the house, field mice are pretty noisy when trying to find a way into something they want to make their home out of... Probably wouldn't see them if you looked out the window very easily either.

Not trying to discredit any of what you've said, but these are some things to keep in mind.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hey, thanks HeTax for the reply

Yeah, I pretty much guessed that my family and I were sensitive to some things. And as I said, it's not only me that notices things. One of the most scary things I've heard of in my life happened to my brother outside our mothers home. The next day, our sister saw it as well without knowing what my brother had seen. So their stories back up each others. Alot of stuff going on.

And thanks for the link, gonna check it out now!

Peace,
Frontkjemper

join