It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

A key truth is that there is a DIVINE PLAN. The future belongs to those that trust in the process and are willing to go with the divine plan. The main tool for understanding this plan is the Mayan calendar.

Supposedly, since the Mayan calendar ends in the year 2012, something big is about to happen, ie. (from the 2012 website) "we will be swallowed up to the inside of the earth (because the inside of the earth is really hollow, and is occupied by an advanced race), as 'the great change' takes place, after which, we will all ascend into the 5th dimension where we live happily ever after." (My interpretation of what the 2012 website says). Any thoughts from anyone who actually has the patience to read some of these articles? (Sorry if this has been posted before). I got a laugh out of the hollow earth article...

www.2012.com.au...

www.2012.com.au...

www.2012.com.au...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, I'll bookmark them for later!

2012... I've heard so much speculation about this date. WWIII, Judgment day and the list goes on.

I personally believe that the Mayans were either 1.) Tired of making a calendar and quite or 2.) They died out.

Now, if we look at the world today with all the things that are going on, the governments trying to seriously mess us up and all the war and hate... something has to happen soon. If not, we'll kill each other before we hit that date.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that we (the world populace) are heading downhill. Global warming (if you believe it), war, hate and all that is taking it's toll.

I have a little girl, and it frightens me what may happen. The whole sorry state we are in upsets me. We tiptoe around our problems and blame everyone else and this leads to war and more hatred. I certainly hope that Aliens do exist and they show themselves and teach us a good lesson. Or even better, our Lord puts us straight.

But thanks for the links, I'll read them and post back my thoughts!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
your second point is a good one the Mayan civillization would have collapsed before the calendar could be renewed, also doesn't this go in the Ancient and lost Civillizations forum?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"Hollow earth" would completely contradict all modern geology, we've made radar observations of the Earth and if it were hollow we'd know about it. Wikipedia has an excellent article that pretty well debunks it, although I would not rule out the possibility that vast cavern complexes may exist as may also the "Vril" people.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
WWIII

That would be my guess

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't have a full opinion on 2012 yet but I have noticed that everyone around me seems to have become progressively "crazy" maladjusted since 2006 started.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I find it quite funny as people see that certain things i.e. the mayan calendar, as signs of the world ending. Either way world ending or not life will either go on, or just end. So what do i do? I just live my life as I normally would.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I heard recently that the Mayan calendar could be wrong, and that the date of 2012 is not the end, as thought before.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They're saying that now to avoid the approaching panic that will hit without a doubt as the date approaches.

Unfortunatly, there will be those who will take their lives. My grandmother used to tell me that in 1899 many panicked and did away with themselves.

Me? I'm already dead. I died in 2000 Y2K when everything ended.

Seriously, the world will never end for everyone at once. The world will end when you die. That's it.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
nothing dies in the universe there are onlyu transitions/transformations

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The only genuine bit of 2012 that's a scientific definite is that a galactic alignment will take place, and it's one that only happens approx every 26,000 years! Interesting stuff. Everything else is just speculation - still makes for good/interesting/funny reading though!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
2012 is the ascension. There is nothing that can be done to stop it, but of course the status quo/NWO have other plans.. how rough the ride will be is up to you, and us as a collective.

Even if you were to die, you need not fear it, because death is not the end. The mind lives on without the brain, as shown by Near Death Experiences, aswell as other oddities like Astral Projection/OOBE (demostrating the seperation between brain and mind).

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Oh please, if the 2012 theory is correct then that means that somewhere underground there is a semen spitting corn tree right next to a house of flying daggers.

Cherry picking myths from dead civilizations and placing them out of context is disinformative. The "end" of the Mayan Calendar is not so. the year 2012 is the end of the 12th baktun, or cycle, promptly replaced with the 13th cycle. The confusion comes from the needlessly complex Mayan calendar, which is based on twenty day names with the thirteen numbers of the trecena cycle to produce 260 unique days. If that sounds like a headache inducer, it is. It doesn't help when each "number" symbol is a complex drawing ehich can be misinterpreted.

Much of what we know of the mayan writing system is still a mystery. With only a few tattered codexes and weather worn writing on ruins, we simply just don't know everything. So to say "2012 is the end because the Mayans said so" is just baseless.

But then again, running certain algorithms of the Bible Code produce a firey end to earth in 2012. And we all know that the Bible Code is true. Right?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
2012 is correct, and not because the mayans said so. Do your research. Many other cultures and peoples have forseen 2012 to be a date of great significance.

The Bible (aswell as Islamic/Jewish texts) all stem from the same information. They all tell the same thing, but it is put forward in different ways. Have you researched into the correlation between the Bible and the cosmos/zodiac?

You talk about cherrypicking information, but you seem to have done that in your own post, refuting 2012 with a pathetic jab at the Bible Code.

Apocalypse means "revealing". The only doom that will arise will be because of the fundamentalist Christians in the Whitehouse, the fundamentalist Jews in Israel (Zionists), and the radicals in Islam.

All the conspiracies and information points to 2012. Most people don't even ask why there needs to be a New World Order. Or why now. I'll tell you, just incase you hadnt realised; The NWO is an attempt to pervert the process of 2012...in other words, to try and keep the status quo/prevent the human race from being free.

Heard of the stone cross at Hendaye? It was carved by a Freemason, and demonstrates knowledge of 2012.

Don't slash 2012 unless your going to at least provide a decent rebutal.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry Shrunkensimon, I tried looking for proof of other people and cultures predicting 2012 besides the Mayans, I really did.

However, all I found were new age religous sites predcting 2012 as the rebirth of the world, (And all sourcing the mayan texts.) A guy selling a book on the 2012 doomsday, (Again, citing the mayans.) and an X-files episode where it is revealed that the aliens will come on Dec. 22nd, 2012 to invade the earth.

So please, share with us your souce links citing Christian/Jewish/Islamic text that predicts 2012. And you also mentioned that a freemason made the great stone of Hendaye and that it says that the earth will go kablooie on 2012. Please share us your links on that. It would greatly add to this discussion.

As for me, out of good faith, here are my sources.

Here is a Mesoweb article describing the problems translating the Mayan calendar to our gregorian calendar. According to the author, the gregorian translation could be off by 260 years! So if "2012" is true, we got some time.

And here is an Astronomy Answers site that says that on Dec 21 nothing special happening in the heavens that day.

I've also talked to my Mayan History professor, Kathryn Dungy, on the subject of 2012 (among other paranormal things) several years ago. She pretty much laughed at the idea of the world ending then and explained to me that the end of a baktun was like that of the ending of the year 1999. Yes, the 1000's millienium was at the end, but the 2000's millienium will pick up where that one left off. the same is true for the 13th baktun.

BTW, can you recall anything big that happened on September 18, 1618? I sure can't. And yet, that date was the start of the 12th baktun of the Mayan calendar. Hmm...

Oh yes, I'm sorry if my jab at the bible code was pathetic. This gentleman and this other gentleman are far better in describing faults of the bible code than I can ever do.

Cheers!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't understand why 2012 is assumed as a doomsday.

There is no doom and gloom involved with this event.

We are evolving. How is that negative?

The whole planet is changing, humans are no different.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I found some interesting 2012 information:

2012 prophecy

According to the Long Count Calendar they use to measure long cycles of time, 2012 marks the close of several cycles of time.

According to the Mayans, the close of the first cycle is the completion of the Galactic Year. It takes 225 million Earth years for the Milky Way Galaxy to make one complete rotation in the sky.

2012 also marks the end of a 26 million year Earth cycle, a 78,000 year Earth cycle and the close of the 26,000 year Mayan Calendar.

According to the prophesies of many groups of indigenous people, 2012 appears to be the time when the odometer turns over for the entire history of humans, Earth, our galaxy, and perhaps, all of creation–-the moment when all life experiences a leap that is similar to that of caterpillars becoming butterflies.

The Mayans believe that human evolution unfolds as a result of these long cycles of time. Their mystery plays myths, spiritual rites and practices re-enacted the cosmic drama created by the alignment of Earth’s sun with Galactic Center in 2012.

They described this alignment as a kind of cosmic intercourse between Father Sun and the Great Mother of Galactic Center that will birth all of creation into a new reality. Pregnancy, birth and embryogenesis were central concepts in their tradition.

The Tzolkin calendar, one kind of Mayan calendar, is based on the 260-day term of human gestation. It is a harmonic representation of the 26,000-year Mayan calendar. 260 x 100 = 26,000. It appears that the Mayans used the Tzolkin Calendar to track both the evolution of an individual human and the 26,000-year Mayan calendar as a way of monitoring the evolution of the human species.

From a Mayan perspective, the time preceding December 21, 2012 Earth is making its shift into Christ Consciousness and transforming humanity into Christed Beings. This process of transformation from human to Christedness, which compares to the transformation of a caterpillar into a Monarch butterfly, is known as Ascension. While the term ASCENSION is typically used to describe human transformation, Jose Arguelles also wrote about it from a planetary perspective in his book, Earth Ascending.

From an astrological perspective, we are transitioning from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius. When we look in one direction, we see the breakdown of Piscean structures based on competition and scarcity. And, when we look in the other, we see the sprouting of new Aquarian structures based on partnership principles and the sharing of resources. While this transition can cause confusion and anxiety, it represents a unique window of opportunity for us to evolve into Christed Beings.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I found some interesting 2012 information:

2012 prophecy

2012 also marks the ... close of the 26,000 year Mayan Calendar.

all the Maya calander pages & sites i came by never put out that line.

this 2012 end date is the completion of this particular 13 Baktan calander
which is only 5,120 years long (rather the equivelent number of sunrises+sunsets=Days, which comprise those many years in our present calander reckoning) something like +~1,800,000 day calander

and nowhere in the deciphered Maya language that we know of today,
did the Maya have a +26,000 year calander that equals the length of the complete 'precession' cycle the planet Earth does thru a human devised Zodiac-in-the-sky/

at best the current 13 Baktun cycle/calender might be thought of as 1/5th
of a 'precession cycle'.
...which computes to be 5,120years X 5epochs= 25,600 actual years...
which still remains some 400 to 600 years different from the known 'precession' cycle.

?If the Maya were so precise & astronomically perfect as bally-hooed
in the 2012 sub-culture...?why were their calenders so far off with regard
to the planet's wobble (precession)?
Unless the Maya calendars were not interested in alignments or precession cycles....they were interested in the Moon cycles, the Venus cycles,
and other human-earth time spans where their calendar priests and shamans could could use a 'horoscope' or 'prediction theme' to lead & govern the culture & society,

thanks for your time,
the wide scope of 2012 is engaging, thought provoking and entertaining-
but i'm not going to make lifestyle changes with the current 2012 fad & fabrications as my guideline

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
At same time please keep in mind same Mayans who created this calendar also sacrificed people to "god of something" on daily basis. They were primitive culture and we should regard them as such.

Also, we can build better future for ourselves, without all superstitions. I know this sounds more boring than fairly tales, but let's admit it -- most of the time fairy tales are nothing more than good excuse to do nothing and procrastinate.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well tbth ..i have never believed in this,well as in many "end of the world ..starting of a new era" stories/theories,but my dad being such an avid follower on the Mayan's 2012 prediction i prob have heard to A-Z on why's..

I am def bookmarking all these & when i see him again let him read through it all ..i really think he will be like a 3yr old who just got a toycar ..though he is 76 & i have heard all his "theories" my whole life ..suppose i can thank him for making me the curious person i am today.

Thank you for all these links

[edit on 5/17/2007 by qonone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join