It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and Understanding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted by semperfortis

Well there it is . . The problem can never be solved . . I am also not blind to the racism in the Democrat party. [Edited by Don W]

The Southern Democrats were America’s premo racists from 1865 to 1981. In 1968 Richard Nixon and John Mitchell “invented” what they called the Southern Strategy and honed it to perfection in 1972. It was intended to “break” the Democrat’s post Civil War hold on what has been called the “Solid South.” The method selected to exploit newly aroused white fears and race hatred against blacks manifested in the court ordered desegregation of public schools was to denounce an activist Federal judiciary. To belittle court orders to bus children. Court ordered racial ratios in schools. And courts blocking all the cheap attempts to circumvent the courts and to defraud the state treasury. See also the hare-brained doctrine of interposition.

Court ordered desegregation caused “white flight” and inspired a spate of private schools meant only to keep out blacks. This is the origin of school vouchers and a dozen other wild schemes to let whites tap into the public treasury. It is the illegitimate father of home schooling. All across the south public, tax supported swimming pools, libraries and hospitals were closed. Republicans should be ashamed to mention the name of Abraham Lincoln out loud.

Such southern luminaries as Strom Thurmond (and maybe Trent Lott and Newt Gingrich) began to leave the Democratic ship, Thurmond in 1948 when Democrat Harry Truman 1) desegregated the Armed Forces by Executive Order, and 2) forced a Civil Rights plank in the 1948 platform.
Others delayed until 1980's advent of Ronald Reagan. Called the Boll Weevils, the Southern Democrats were invited into the Republican Party by the Republican icon, Ronald Reagan who was himself not unfamiliar with the utility of stirring racism in the electorate.

Quoted from above, “ . . I am also not blind to the racism in the Democrat party . . ” I said a lot to say this. Post Reagan, show me a Democrat anywhere in the US of A who invokes the race card.

[edit on 4/15/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You don't consider throwing Oreos at Black leaders Racist?

You don't consider Democrats calling Sec. Rice an Aunt Jemima Racist?

You don't consider calling Colin Powell an Uncle Tom as Racist?

Card
Card
Card

All Post Reagan

Semper

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted by semperfortis

You don't consider throwing Oreos at Black leaders Racist? You don't consider Democrats calling Sec. Rice an Aunt Jemima Racist? You don't consider calling Colin Powell an Uncle Tom as Racist?
Card
Card
Card
All Post Reagan. Semper

Well, I've done #2 and #3 but I only eat Oreo cookies. Actually, I called Condo Ms Token and Colin Mr Quota. She does not resemble Aunt Jemima at all.

I have not left the US since 1980, and I cannot recall any Democrat of national standing doing any of those 3 things alleged. Surely to God the media would have reported it if Ted Kennedy had said that? Why have I not heard that? I admit I have FOX blocked on my tv, but if its news, wouldn’t CNN carry it too? And I don’t listen to talk radio, left or right. You’ll have to “tickle” my memory, Mr S/F.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They invoke the race card everytime they try to convince blacks that they are the downtrodden victims of society. They play it everytime they play the "poor you, we'll be your protector from the big bad world". Then say nothing in condemnation when successful blacks like Condeleeza Rice, or JC Watts, and Colin Powell, to name only three, dare to succeed on their own and dare to be Republican, and are attacked for their pains.

Don't say there isn't any racism in todays democratic party, there's plenty in their condescending attitude towards blacks.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted by seagull

They invoke the race card every time they try to convince blacks that they are the downtrodden victims of society. [Edited by Don W]

Sweet Jesus, Sea, you are making a joke, No? This is like blaming the Jews for using too much gas at Auschwitz. Do you really think some Dem politico has to explain to Ms S/S (sylvrshadow) that she is the victim of racism? That she didn't know that?

They say nothing in condemnation when successful blacks like Condo Rice, or JC Watts, and Colin Powell, to name only three, dare to succeed on their own and dare to be Republican, and are attacked for their pains.

Dems handle Condo Rice with kid gloves. She is obviously in way over her head - the Peter principle at work - but no Dem calls her “darky” or such. I’ve heard not a bad word from a Dem on Powell but I’ll betcha plenty from the likes of G Gordon Liddy and Rush Limbaugh. JC Watts, Clarence Thomas and Walter Williams I have called “cannibals” for a decade now. I do that because they “eat” there own kind to get ahead. Rich white Republicans love to have those men of color denounce the welfare state. It makes them feel good when they cut food stamps, lower Medicaid and stop the WIC program.

Don't say there isn't any racism in todays democratic party, there's plenty in their condescending attitude towards blacks.

S - t - r - e - e - e - t - c h!

Watch out, Seagull, lest that rubber band will spring right back and hit’cha!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
DW. We're about to reach one of our impasses again...

Democratic supporters, whose names escape me at the moment, have likened her to Aunt Jemima...if that isn't racist what is, praytell?

You are so busy looking for faults in the Republican party, which are many, please don't mistake me, to see that the Democratic party is just as faulty in their treatment of blacks as people who seemingly can't care for themselves.

We are going to agree to disagree on this subject as we usually end up doing. At least we kept it civil...which given the topic isn't all that common around here. My compliments, sir.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Although I can't exactly explain its applicability, I'm nevertheless reminded of the poetic expression, "He who fights and runs any, lives to fight another day."

I guess I mean it is better our way than to fight a take-no-prisoners way.

Good exchange

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is one problem when people see things in "Black-and-White". Rarely can anything be described accurately in black-and-white terms. When a person tries, it's usually indicative of an agenda. A divisive agenda. Right and Wrong, Left and Right, Conservative and Liberal, Black and White... They're all the extremes. Most of us, as well as the truth in most matters, lie somewhere in the gray area.

I don't buy the Black-and-White. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted by Benevolent Heretic

" . . when people see things in "Black-and-White" Rarely can anything be described accurately in black-and-white terms. Most of us, as well as the truth in most matters, lies somewhere in the gray area. I don't buy the Black-and-White. Sorry.

Add me to your list.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join