It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest on Mars !?!?

page: 59
<< 56  57  58   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I really don't think it matters what space agency maps it, the results are going to be the same.

And even if the RVers got ahold of it, that still does not change the data.

So whatever the dancing ghost rings may be, we should withhold judgment until we actually get there.

edit on hold

[edit on 1/12/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I suppose this is the presentation from that press-conference.

I only found it today.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Zorgon

I only noticed this week that there is a high-resolution (25 cm per pixel) version of that area you (I think it was you) called a "dam".

This is just a 25% version. Unfortunately, these false colour images are only available from the centre of the image, but you can see the original 195MB JPEG2000 false colour image and the 766MB grayscale image (taken with a red filter) here

Edit: I forgot the image

25% image

[edit on 13/1/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Credit: Associazione Lunar Explorer Italia

(removed broken link)

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Please go to www.marsanomalyreasearch.com for an update on the images that ArMaP posted above. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedOne

This is a good example of why I don't like that site.

First, the image used here is a copy of the original one posted on the official site, but it was saved with a stronger compression, making it look worse than it really is.

Second, when he says:

Of course the above fourth image evidence sourced from the official black and white browse image doesn't really match the above official description but that may change with the much closer view MRO JP2 images. However, they require a large file size special graphics viewer that I doubt many of you will avail yourself of and so we'll stick here with the lesser quality browse images so that most of you who wish to can easily follow behind me. Now check out the next image below.

it looks like he does not want people to see the original, lossless JP2 file.

The IAS viewer is two clicks away, and there are some programs (including Photoshop and the free kdu_show from Kakadu Software) that can read JP2 files, why make it look like a difficult or complex process by saying "I doubt many of you will avail yourself of" ?

And obviously, the original data, the one on the JP2 file, shows a much better image.

This is more or less the same area viewed with IAS viewer (that has a handy way of saving the image like we see it on screen) with a 12.5% zoom.

This is with a 50% zoom, and, as you can see and as expected, it looks much better than the fuzzy JPEG used.

How can I see that site as a honest attempt to decipher Mars mysteries when it only shows that he does not even want to have the trouble to use an online viewer like IAS viewer?

I, that do not own any site but am interested in Mars, have downloaded and put on DVDs (up to this day) 768 images from HiRISE, why doesn't he do the same? They are free!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap sometimes it is easier to hide the truth. This particular photo as you know with original high resolution is phenominal and if a person can see in 3D they would relize why. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yes, of coz.
It's a good idea to preserve some samples for replanting efforts.
of coz, it's not good for water to flow down the canals as it may
wash away any vital faint glyphs marks.
nevertheless, the olympus lodge schmetics should be 3d digitized.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by SnowWhite]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
Too little energy is generated through anoxygenic photosynthesis. By default, this leaves us MICROORGANISMS! Chlorobium, otherwise known as green sulfur bacterium would be a good example. Most likely, however chemical constraints (pressure, temp, desiccation, etc.) would require reliance on a type of metabolism called chemoautotrophy. On Earth, microbes called extremophiles are clustered in a domain of life called Archaea (not the same as regular bacteria or "Eubacteria"). It is generally accepted that these are among the most ancient forms of cellular life on Earth today. Metabolic processes in this group can be very bizarre. Methanogens generate methane gas from simple hydrocarbons (i.e., methanol, ethanol), others live at very high/low pH, others still live at hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor where temperatures reach 130C or more. The most unusual is a polyextremophile called Deinococcus radiodurans. This bug surivived exposure to space outside the shuttle in orbit, makes a habit out of living in cooling tanks with spent rods at nuclear power plants and contains multiple copies of genes on circular DNA that stacks like a lifesaver to facilitate repair of broken fragments! This is true science and even more incredible than most realize! If you want to talk about life on Mars, how about discussing bugs that metabolize hydrogen and live deep beneath the Martian soil? They may not even HAVE DNA in their genomes! Think about it! According to the RNA world hypothesis, RNA was used before DNA and protein (performs the functions of both biomolecules to a less efficient degree & is still needed for many intermediate steps). A few groups are even working on other possible genetic systems and those are PNA (peptide backbone), TNA (threose backbone) and GNA (glycerol). Shall I outline some thermodynamic equations to demonstrate the differences between oxygenic and anoxygenic photosynthesis?

Who in the hell says that life has to adhere to what our "Science" says life should adhere to? As a species, we're relatively stupid, and infantile. We base our beliefs on what we know, and well, we don't know a whole hell of alot in the grand scheme of things. You can tout "Genius" all you want, be the smartest person on earth, but you STILL don't know everything. Fact.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I WANT SOMEONE TO LOOK AT ESA'S HEBES CHASM PICTURES BECAUSE WHAT I FOUND WELL LOOK FOR YOURSELF. IF NASA AND OTHER SPACE AGENCY'S WERE TO TELL US ABOUT LIFE ON MARS OK THEY WOULD HAVE TO DEBUNK DARWIN THEORY ON EVOLUTION AND BELIEVE IN THE ONE TRUE GOD. IT WOULD BE BIG. I KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT ITS ABOUT RELIGION. I BELIEVE THAT JESUS PUT HUMANS ON MARS TOO AND EVERYTHING ELSE. ANCIENT SAMARIANS OK KNEW ABOUT THINGS THAT COULD NOT OF BEEN KNOWN BUT NOW I THINK THAT THEY TRAVELED FROM MARS. THE PIC THAT SPIRIT TOOK IS HUMAN. AND THE COVERUP IS THE EXISTANCE OF GOD. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtal_Phusion

It is government coverup mission. They modify all mars/moon publication result include BIOCHEMICAL result

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Two questions. First, a short one. What's with the anon. poster above this one? There is no history of the account, and what's with the signature...multi-users with no history? I'm not objecting, just interested.

The more serious question. In going back a few pages in this thread I'm noticing that almost none of the thumbnails work. The post will have a very interesting description of a find, then no picture and no way to look at what the poster described. What happened to all the thumbnails? Or were these full-pictures on the page? Having all the pics "missing in no action" negates all the good work people did on portions of this thread. Are they recoverable, or did NASA itself move or delete the pictures? Thanks...signed, Ignorant in Iceland.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Aleister
Two questions. First, a short one. What's with the anon. poster above this one? There is no history of the account, and what's with the signature...multi-users with no history? I'm not objecting, just interested.

ATS allowed for Anonymous posting back in 2007-2008, when this thread was busier.

I'm sure the thumbs worked better back then too.
edit on 2/17/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Thanks. So everyone knew the password to the account? It seems to be still active, gathering stars.

This thread seems to have a long history of discoveries and searching, and now most of that is negated or muted by the lack of pictures. Searching through Mars pictures for anomalies is part of he historical record of Martian exploration, so my concern is if these can be somehow recovered.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The anon thing was explained. It was a bad idea...glad its gone.

The images...that is why ATS has changed a lot of its rules and the scripting used to handle that. It still isn't perfect...but a lot of those photobucket pages are either gone entirely, or the images deleted.

I remember when this thread was first around. It is what really got me into ATS. Zorgon was a great poster, as was Mike Singh. I think of that as the last of the "golden days" of ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by eNumbra

Thanks. So everyone knew the password to the account? It seems to be still active, gathering stars.

This thread seems to have a long history of discoveries and searching, and now most of that is negated or muted by the lack of pictures. Searching through Mars pictures for anomalies is part of he historical record of Martian exploration, so my concern is if these can be somehow recovered.

The final analysis seemed to indicate a mineral formation, not a vegetable one.

Have a look around thelivingmoon.com. I bet Ron still has most of the content there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have a book originally published in 1917.
"The circle of knowledge
A classified, simplified, visualized book of answers."

In it the speak of dark green spots theorized to be oceans. Seen from telescope as well as two white poles assumed to be ice. It also talks about water vapor being shown to be on mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58   >>

join