It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest on Mars !?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Zeeon, My point here is that if enough stink is raised by us, then the general population may catch on and start demanding answers from NASA. We need to make a big deal out of this so that major attention paid to the subject may shed to light on a possible coverup. Possible, not certain. If we make enought noise then eventually NASA will no longer to be able to dismiss it as the ravings of Lunitics. As far as the comparison goes to the other great thinkers and inventors, I only used them as a reference because they were all ridiculed and some even had their lifes threatend for proposing such beliefs and yet were undetered. In other words, just because 50 million people believe a foolish thing, doesn't change the fact its still foolish. In science popular opinion hardly rules. Thank God for the Freethinkers! I understand your opinion, I just don't agree with it

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
lol zeeon really I won't reply to you in this thread any longer.
and it's really not about the points you make, what you believe or whatever.. it's the attitude you seem to have.

It seems to me more that you have an issue or more, spending quite a lot of time on a thread telling people they are wasting their time on that same thread.

This does not mean that I don't agree on some points like people who see something in everything or link everything to grey aliens. But still I don't lash out at them. Actually I listen. At the very least it says something about the human psyche, and who knows, a lot of ridiculous idea's have been proven correct in history.

You seem very closed minded yet reply to my last comment as if I'm the one who isn't open minded.. You yourself are drawing conclusions about me without evidence.. But criticize people about doing so with this photo..

ah well ninight everyone.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
lol zeeon really I won't reply to you in this thread any longer.
and it's really not about the points you make, what you believe or whatever.. it's the attitude you seem to have.

It seems to me more that you have an issue or more, spending quite a lot of time on a forum telling people they are wasting their time on that same forum.

You know what agrivates people the most in others? That which holds true to themselves. And you seem agrivated.

This does not mean that I don't agree on some points like people who see something in everything or link everything to grey aliens. But still I don't lash out to them. Actually I listen. At the very least it says something about the human psyche, and who knows, a lot of ridiculous idea's have been proven correct in history.

You don't need to - but when you attacked me asking why am I on ATS, I responded to it. I'm not aggrivated, but frustrated. In regards to wasting time on the same forums as I accuse others of doing - I'm stating my opinion, as it is my privaledge to do so. I may not be right, but what I accomplish by doing exactly what I have just done is to open people up to other aspects of ATS and CT. Maybe someone agrees with me and will start to look elsewhere. Maybe even that person will uncover something startling and revelating because of what I might have said here today. Perhaps not.
What I did, without attacking others personally, is to say - trying looking deeper than idly looking at artifacts in images (that are probably doctored anyway) and go 'gee, thats interesting' and move on to the next.

If one person on this thread read my posts and said to themselves - why am I looking at these images? Maybe he's right. I'd like to get deeper into CT then just observing. Maybe I'll try looking into NASA coverups and potentionally broaden their horizons. I'm saying - Spend Time wisely. I'm saying - Look Deeper. Yeah, Images on Mars are cool. Hell, I look at mars in my telescope for fun. Is there fun in looking at artifacts on Mars. Yeah sure there is. It's pretty cool.

Now, if there was no conspiracy here (directly, or indirectly implied) and I've been essentially peeing in the wind - why is this topic on ATS? I don't know maybe it should belong on BTS.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

As far as the water argument - who exactly confirmed the existance of water on other planets, including mars?

So zeeon, are you telling me that you are in dark regarding water on Mars?

Layer deposit of ice on South Pole / Mars were discovered in 70's - but new ( ground penetrating system / which we are using on Earth) radar technique - enabled astronomers to go 2.5 miles deep, and data showed 'pure water ice' beneath.

www.space.com...
www.space.com...

[edit on 8-4-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

As far as the water argument - who exactly confirmed the existance of water on other planets, including mars?

So zeeon, are you telling me that you are in dark regarding water on Mars?

Layer deposit of ice on South Pole / Mars were discovered in 70's - but new ( ground penetrating system / which we are using on Earth) radar technique - enabled astronomers to go 2.5 miles deep, and data showed 'pure water ice' beneath.

www.space.com...
www.space.com...

Lol, no you misunderstand. I know there is water on Mars, I'm saying WHO discovered water on Mars? NASA did, and they released the info - along with other coaberating (sp?) agencies. Thats what I meant.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Lol, no you misunderstand. I know there is water on Mars, I'm saying WHO discovered water on Mars? NASA did, and they released the info - along with other coaberating (sp?) agencies. Thats what I meant.

Yes - but long before it was suspected to be the case.....before their confirmation it was "SF" or 'conspiracy" or 'wild speculation'..... like Lowell 'canals' - but it is looking NASA is bringing ii slowly to us - 'seven sisters holes'...

I am asking again - where is this days - "water is life - just follow the water...."?

Or is the story of water a hoax..some kind of distraction...for -----!?!?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nice pictures Bluebird and thanks for the work in showing us them...certainly looks like some sort of vegetation... I'm no vege guru or planet guru but i sure as hell ain't gona rely the so called experts explaination, sit and wait for them to tell u something how do u know its true how do u know its not???? we hear time after time the experts tell us something then find out its lies i'm sick and tired of that crap (SHEEPLE SYNDROME) lol.....thats why we come to these forums to get a 'collective consciousness of awareness' BTW this is my opinion....i hope more a positive discussion becomes of this...oneness to all..

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have a question... is there a direct link to any of these photographs from an official source, like NASA?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
----------------- sorry - double posting-----------------------------------

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I have a question... is there a direct link to any of these photographs from an official source, like NASA?

Yes!

www.msss.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
Nice pictures Bluebird and thanks for the work in showing us them...certainly looks like some sort of vegetation... I'm no vege guru or planet guru but i sure as hell ain't gona rely the so called experts explaination, sit and wait for them to tell u something how do u know its true how do u know its not???? we hear time after time the experts tell us something then find out its lies i'm sick and tired of that crap (SHEEPLE SYNDROME) lol.....thats why we come to these forums to get a 'collective consciousness of awareness' BTW this is my opinion....i hope more a positive discussion becomes of this...oneness to all..

HAHA ! Your contradicting yourself! All the things you believe, Sir, are a result of EXPERTS in their field PROVING that they exist. How are you going to sit there, behind your computer, doing nothing, and tell us that WE are the sheeple, when your the ignorant one, only pointing fingers at those who PROVIDE YOU with the evidence to what you believe in.

Because, oh yes, Galielo was retarded (the nine planets don't really exist...it was a NASA coverup, don'tcha know?)
Because, oh yes, Newton was retarded (everything newton discovered has been disproven, don'tcha know!?).

I LOVE how normal everday people accuse the scientific community of lies, deciet and corruption. These scientiest spend their lives to educate themselves, discover the universe around us, and you sit there and condemn them for it! If we all had attitudes like you, dear sir, we'd still be living in the stone age.

EDIT: Don't hate scientists and people doing research. Hate Politicians and Beauracrats who make the desicions and funding for those in the search of knowledge. Try educating yourself before tossing around insults like SHEEPLE Syndrome.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you bluebird, but I'm still a bit suspicious about that one image that gives us a 'close up' of this anomaly.

I have tried to find official explanations for these tree-like formations, and so far I haven’t across any. Perhaps I haven’t been looking up the necessary criteria?

Anyway, I did find a case against the theory that these formations are organic. These images are natural formations occurring on earth, known as ‘tree-rocks,’ however they don’t appear to be consistent to the formations seen on Mars.
www.lifeisgrand.org...
horizonsunlimited.com...
I also came across another argument where they were some sort of mineral deposits, but this argument was vague and I couldn’t find much beyond it, though I’ll look for more later.

Nonetheless I came across this official article from NASA regarding the area where these formations are being linked:
link
Here is an interesting website making a case for the organic formations. It also has some links above if you’d rather not watch the clip.
homepage.mac.com...
I would also like to tie this theory into this:
www.space.com...

To be honest, I'm still skeptical, why wouldn't this make the news to some degree at the least?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
TO Zeeon: MUCH LOVE AND ONENESS TO YOU!!!.........

TO BLUEBIRD: THANKS AGAIN FOR POSTING..

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

I also came across another argument where they were some sort of mineral deposits.......

Thank you laiguana for your post and links!

After looking at this images from NASA and J. Skipper (from his site) suspicion of 'forest' and 'trees' ( and even A. Clarke was pretty much on the same idea of some kind of vegetation on South Pole)- my notion was, that maybe what we are seeing are some kind of Stromatolites - "Stromatolites are distinctive structures that form in shallow oceans, lakes, or streams where microbial colonies trap sediments to form thin repeating layers.
Stromatolites also contain microscopic cellular remains and chemical traces left by the microbes that formed them. Taken together, such structures comprise the primary record of life in ancient rocks on Earth."

They are telling us that Martians atmosphere is mostly CO2 - and no O2.
But bacteria and algae can use CO2 from inorganic source for carbon - in that way it looks like Mars with 95% CO2 is great for that kind of life.

/// But than again biologist are saying that the composition of gases is essential - and for a lash and booming plants and bacteria NO3 is pretty much needed - which spouse is not in big % on Mars. ///

There are microbes on our planet that do not need O2 - extremophiles, which thrive in the harshest environments /hot or cold/.

www.spaceref.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth

TO BLUEBIRD: THANKS AGAIN FOR POSTING..

Thank you free_spirit !

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
zeeon, you accuse others of wasting your time on this forum but ironically enough it's clear to us that it's you who's wasting our time.

All you do is get mad and insult everyone who doesn't agree with you.

What do you contribute to none wasting time? nothing.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Water on Mars?

"Waterfall' in frozen - as suggested on J. Skipper site. I's amassing.
He always give you link to NASA image.

* must scroll all the way down

www.msss.com...

//from: www.msss.com... //

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
Any vegetation here is imaginary. White = snow and Gray = soil (including rocks, sand, gravel, etc.). It's just not that difficult!

I have noticed a pattern of debunkers on ATS, they all seem to be new members with few posts . . .

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
zeeon, you accuse others of wasting your time on this forum but ironically enough it's clear to us that it's you who's wasting our time.

All you do is get mad and insult everyone who doesn't agree with you.

What do you contribute to none wasting time? nothing.

Dude, if you had read and understood any of my last posts, you wouldn't be making that remark. It's unfortunate, that yet again, despite my constant reminder that I'm not insulting anyone, that you have to take what I say personally.

Secondly, bro, I never accused anyone of wasting MY TIME. I accused you guys of wasting your own time. Lets get that fact straight. I'm all over the ATS forums, and it takes but a minute to post here - you guys are the ones spending time analyzing photos that will amount to a whole lotta nothing. *shrug* I tried to explain this - its your choice to listen or not.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
If you like, I can list the biochemical reasons why this is simply not possible

LOL This time I have to agree that we are not looking at Vegetation... I am here on page one so forgiveme if someone pointed this out...

But the OP showed us an image of the south polar co2 ice fields and the Malin page even says "thawing ice"

Okay so what are the black thingies? Something truly alien and only found on Barsoom...

As the sun warms the ice, the rays go through the ice and warm the black sand... then as the ice melts from the bottom up (sublimates directly to co2 gas...) the ice field levitates... actually floats above the surface...

Yes you heard me LEVITATES...

As holes appear the black sand is whooshed out the holes by the gas pressure making awesome geysers of black sand...

All the details and close up images from Malin are here...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The Martian TREES are here

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now lemme read the rest of the pages in the thread and see if anyone noticed this

[edit on 9-4-2007 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join