It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest on Mars !?!?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
* speaking of “salty“ - here are some very, very salty “blueberries“:

Ummm where did you get that the blueberries are very very salty?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI don't think so either, but the fact that they are near small jets made me think they are also CO2 releases but not as a jet, maybe because they are near the surface the CO2 is just released on that area.

CO2 is a colorless gas and when frozen it is a bright white powdery "snow" or very clear ice. If you want to experiment with Geysers buy a small CO2 fire extiquisher and test it out to see if it reacts or combines with anything to make dark stuff... BTW there is no liquid state unless its under pressure, it sublimates straight from ice to gas

Now then lets talk about sand and rocks for a minute as its your favorite subject

I want to know why if Mars is dry and dusty the rover leaves tracks like this

That stay for a very long time, as evidenced by later shots from space...

I have spent a lot of time in the Nevada desert and car track, footprints etc do NOT leave tread marks in the loose dusty sand and even the depressions left vanish at the first slight breeze... so please explain to me why those rover tracks are so sharp and clear

Thanks

[edit on 29-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

* speaking of “salty“ - here are some very, very salty “blueberries“:

Ummm where did you get that the blueberries are very very salty?

not NaCl ( from your kitchen)-------------> Sulfate salt!

The hematite in the Martian blueberries is solid evidence that they are, in fact, concretions. This alone would make a strong case for water, but then comes the clincher, the long-awaited spectrometer data from the RAT hole on El Capitan. The instruments say that the rock is as much as 40 percent sulfate salts

If you tasted this thing, you'd taste the salt. It's a very, very salt-rich rock. It looks like what geologists call an evaporite deposit. Evaporites form when you have liquid water, with lots of stuff dissolved in it, and the water evaporates away and it leaves stuff behind, so...salt flats. Go to the Great Salt Lake, go to any place where you've evaporated away seawater, and you will find these salt beds.

There's an awful lot of sulfate salt in this rock, and that's very, very hard to explain away other than water having been massively involved in creating this stuff.

One last piece of evidence would be familiar to anyone who's ever walked on the beach at low tide: ripples created by the flow of water over loose sand. Over long periods of time, rippled sediments can build up and harden into stone. The water is gone, but the ripples are still there in the layered rock at Meridiani.

Where the water came from is still unknown, but one possibility is that it came from below as groundwater, laced with sulfuric acid, percolating up through the volcanic bedrock, leaching out elements like iron, creating a broth of dissolved salts.

At times the water would flood the surface, forming shallow lakes or seas that would last for a while and then evaporate, leaving a crust of the dissolved sulfate salts behind. This may have happened repeatedly, building up a thick deposit of salty rocks over time.

The hematite blueberries would have grown within these rocks while they were saturated with water. Now the water is gone and the rock is eroding away, leaving the harder berries behind.

source

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

size of Opportunity on Mars surface:

Those tracks look familiar... I have seen something like it before I think..

Or was it this one?

Now I wonder who belongs to those rovers

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How tall is that 'tower' on Moon? It is a monstrosity of huge proportions!

..... caterpillar tracks ....

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPThe only thing I have at the momment are the marks of those "CO2 jets". Not a jet in activity (but that should be difficult to catch) or any of those "spiders".

Well happy to oblige a fellow seeker of truth...

Jets in Action...

Image with one and comparison sketch...

And here is a whole page of active Geysers...

landoflegends.us...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Or was it this one?

Now I wonder who belongs to those rovers

Where did you get that? What made those tracks? Notice how uneven they are? Less like a rolling wheel, more like a walking automaton or robot.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPwhat I wanted to say is that I have not seen any photo with better resolution, like those from HiRISE, of an area with those "spider" formations.

So now if its "not from HiRise" its not valid anymore?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

* just look at this beauty - Hubble images were not relised yet: Mars shot, taken with the United Kingdom Infrared Telescope (UKIRT) in Hawaii, is being called the sharpest ground-based photo to date

GREEN MARS!?!?!
Oh wait INFRARED telescope

Hubble image of Mars has been released..

SOURCE

Big version and three views here...

[edit on 30-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
In the picture which Spacedoubt published above (what others have called sagebrush) I have seen these patterns on earth at the Rotorua geothermal region of New Zealand and no doubt they are obvious at Yellowstone and Iceland too.

I would appreciate a link to these images if you don't mind, thanks

To put it in context maybe the original poster could tell us where this location is in relation to known volcanic areas on Mars ?

I thought it was quite clear... the "spots" and "geysers" are in the polar ice region the white "sand" is either 'snow/water ice" or "carbon dioxide co2 ice"

Hope that helps. As far as I know there are no volcanoes near the polar ice caps..

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I want to know why if Mars is dry and dusty the rover leaves tracks like this

That stay for a very long time, as evidenced by later shots from space...

I have spent a lot of time in the Nevada desert and car track, footprints etc do NOT leave tread marks in the loose dusty sand and even the depressions left vanish at the first slight breeze... so please explain to me why those rover tracks are so sharp and clear

Thanks

[edit on 29-4-2007 by zorgon]

because the particulates are extremely angular and the unconsolidated sediments have a much higher angle of repose than the weathered and rounded sediments of earth..also lower gravity.

www.asi.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Wind is not the only force,

Ah I see you are a proponent of the 'Electric Universe"

I see dust devils like these all the time here in West Texas, but they don't scorch the soil.

Same here in Nevada... but "scorching" the soil may not be whats happening. It may simply be "sweeping" the light surface dust and exposing the dark "wetter" dust below. I would like to see these areas where the lines are rephotographed months later. I say "wetter" because of the Rover tracks leaving clear sharp muddy looking tracks that also remain a long time. I am sure you have walked in desert sands and understand what I mean...

Maybe you have better? I would really like to see them if you do.

Hmmm maybe

I like this one... its the one that cleaned Spirit....

Here is a before and after image of Spirit...

This one is climbing a crater wall...

How about a little motion picture?

You can see more and larger versions of these movies here;
marsrover.nasa.gov...

And if you pick raw images from the directory at the left you will have access to ALL 200,000 images... happy hunting... it is very tedious LOL

Am I the only one that thinks Europa and Mars are fraternal twins?
Even right down to the "scars" caused by the electric discharge scorching the soil:

Not soil... ice Europa is a giant ball of water with a frozen surface and those are cracks in the ice from tectonic stress

Here is another interesting photo that I haven't seen on here yet:

That is because we are in the water and life thread LOL... that image is in the Martian tube and dome category...

landoflegends.us...
landoflegends.us...

And the Geodesic Dome

landoflegends.us...

Matyas who is with Pegasus is a supporter of the electric universe theory. I also look into it, but not all thinks are explained electrically in my opinion

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
try thinking inside the box first and then when that doesn't work, then try your method.

That has got to be the silliest statement ever made LOL. This is not the right room for those stuck in a box, sorry... and that Razor is awfully blunt these days...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This is what i said in my thread about Venus:

OH NOOOOO You have a Venus thread??? Arrgggggg

blue bird - "You could take E. coli and rapidly cool it to 10° K and leave it for 10 billion years

And THAT is why we should all stop them from drilling into lake Vostok... they have already discovered new microbes close to the lake and it hasn't seen light of day for 400,000 plus years...

Let sleeping bugs lie!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Either way those pics are pretty amazing. I'm open to just about anything and willing to believe whatever seems the most true to me, and so far I'm not convinced that mars is what NASA portrays it as or at least our progress in getting there.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Those flash animations of dust devils were pretty good, especially the one's on the bottom.

Re: Europa...yeah, i knew that. Retard moment really, really late at night.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

look familiar!?

Links do not work

And the salt article seems not to go to the article...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

How tall is that 'tower' on Moon? It is a monstrosity of huge proportions!

..... caterpillar tracks ....

well NASA calls them rolling rocks... actually the won't answer on the Mars one at all, but thats in the Moon Thread

Okay sulphate salts... in the rocks that hold the blueberries LOL The hematite spheres don't actually taste very salty

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Where did you get that? What made those tracks? Notice how uneven they are? Less like a rolling wheel, more like a walking automaton or robot.

From NASA It has been the subject of much discusion and if you look at it you will see it goes UPHILL at points, a fact heavily contested... LOL but the dark area is the crater floor and the light area is the central peak still in sunlight... the long shadows attest to that..

Here is all the data... that image is from Lunar Orbiter (whose cameras were good enough to "recognized a card table on the surface" [from the defense contractor who made the cameras]

Here is the data on the image.... so we don't start up in this thread LOL

landoflegends.us...

Here is the new "tracks" on Mars that are similar... and no response from NASA, MALIN or USGS

landoflegends.us...

I will get into your Thunderbolt stuff next I just caught up with the "Blue Bird Files" LOL and have to upload them tonight

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yeah, am i the only one who thinks that the Mars Rover isn't much more sophisticated in its basic design than the average, high end RC car?

I understand the analysis devices are pretty cool...the rover itself seems to be something that you would think they would feel like idiots for not putting on the moon when they visited, right?

That would be like a V8 moment for NASA management.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join