It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help: building a pc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
wanted to build myself a nice dual core pc.. as far as compatibility between different parts like motherboard, cpu, ram etc i'm not too good at. so anyone out there who knows a bit more about it, let me know if this set up is any good, and if i need to change some parts

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The first thing to know is what do you want to do with your computer.

Do you want to mostly play games? Use the Internet? Use image editing software? Video editing?

All components in your list look good to me, except the wireless keyboard and mouse, I hate those things.

I am also looking for components to build a new computer (this is getting old, it's an Athlon 1900+ with 512MB), but I do not have enough money to do it at the moment.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i don't want a high-end gaming pc, just looking for an in-between, so i can play some games, internet, record music etc.

i've always prefered a wireless keyboards and mouse, less wires tangling up and that

i could probably cut some corners with the graphics card and ram, and save a bit, but then again it'll save me from having to upgrade till a bit later.r

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In that case I suppose it's allright.

Not a bad specification for the price. My first PC cost me almost the double of that, and it was a 486DX 33MHz.

Where did you got those prices?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join