It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants "gesture" from Britain.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
But they didn't cross into Iranian waters, and you think parading them in front of the cameras, having false letter wrote and isolating them, depriving them of sleep and interrogation of the 15 were justified ?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
But they didn't cross into Iranian waters

But we don't know that.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
yes we do. Everyone in a position to know for sure, states that the Brits were NOT in Iranian waters, apart from who?

oh the Iranians..

I'm not choosing to just simply blindly believe my government. I hate New Labour just as much as anyone else in this nation at the moment. I choose to believe the servicemen and women of this nation.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falnath
The British marines were in Iraqi waters? Iraq doesn't have any waters and if they were anywhere it would be the Persian Gulf. Just who are the Persians you may ask? They are the Iranians. They control the Persian Gulf or atleast they did until the EU and US showed up and tried to take over so the british saying they were in Iraqi waters is totally false.

My GOD! Go buy a history book and a map for Chrsit's sake!
I suppose that the Mediterranian Sea belongs to the Mediterranian's and the Dead Sea belongs to the Dead?
EVERY COUNTRY that has coastline on bodies of water that link to another country have sovereign territory within the adjacent waters. Example: The Great Lakes have US territorial Waters and Canadian Territorial waters. Come on man, deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

But we don't know that.

But we do they have provided picture evidence, the 15 themselves said they were in Iraq waters at the time of there illegal arrests, Iraq backed up the claim and the vessel they boarded i think it was a Indian ship also said they were in Iraq waters.

also the first set of coordinates Iran provided said they were in Iraq waters which the Iranians quickly said were the wrong ones and provided them with new coordinates that put them in Iran waters, and they expect everything they say to be taken as the truth!

[edit on 8-4-2007 by u4ria]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thats fine, because I expect NOTHING the Americans or British say to be the truth. Seriously, what possible reason do you have left to trust them anymore?

I expect the Brits and Yanks to lie now. And I expect them to put alot of thought into how to cover it up too, alot more thought and resources than we citizens have, so the chances of you ever knowing they are lying is next to nill.

I'm just not believing either side of any argument. All governments lie to you.

Quite frankly, if it were up to me, we'd put the fear of the people back into the current administrations of most countries, and go on an assassination spree. Give them reason to keep honest in the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Thats fine, because I expect NOTHING the Americans or British say to be the truth. Seriously, what possible reason do you have left to trust them anymore?

I find this a bit hypocritical from oklahoma, if you refuse to believe anyone then you'll never believe anything and end up an island. Just my opinion...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Umm, Oklahoma?

Anyways, you are correct, I do not believe what any government organization tells me anymore... but seriously man, they aren't our only source of information.

I have many sources I can trust. Governments simply arent one of them.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by johnsky

I find this a bit hypocritical from oklahoma, if you refuse to believe anyone then you'll never believe anything and end up an island. Just my opinion...

I agree with you,
Its kinda sad how we have been forced to take this road isnt it.

Id be happy to listen to the USA government, if Bush and Cheney held a public open forum, live on TV.
where they answered every single question fielded at them in a 3 hour span.

No time to create answers behind doors, or word anything.
If you want an honest response from the leader, you put him on the spot and judge his facial expressions and body movements when you ask.

Id LOVVVE to ask GW face to face, why he didnt act on all the prior evidence.
After he's gurbled out the usual ' bs bs bs bs bs '
Id simply say

'' OK, now that the political pre-written cover our behinds answer has been told, tell us in your own words why you chose to ignore warnings such as : this that and the other ''

One look at his face and body language will prove, in my mind.. he knew a lot.

the problem is, we have absolutley no access to ask the questions we want.
They get all the time wanted to prepare answers to ensure nothing is said that implicates them...

thats the difference in todays poltiics and politics of the early days.
Back then, presidents spoke what they thought, what they wanted, and what they knew.
NOW, your speach writer is the imporant player...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They should stop their provocation.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
A few posters here might wish to consider words said by a wiser man than I.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

If you wish to live in a safe world, violence of any kind, no matter what the provocation is not the answer.

Rise above your limitations, and realize that any of the various violent "answers" we should give to iran, according to posters here, will not solve the problems in the middle east
Ever.

But hey, it's ok if we bomb children, right?

After all, as long as they're not "OUR" children, it doesn't matter. As long as we don't have to witness the devastation that *our* wars cause, it doesn't matter. As long as we can still stand up and say that the US is the best and the bravest, and "we" run the world, well.. it's all good.

Putting someone on a tv screen is torture? Then obviously we should commit genocide in return, because those things are just inexcusable. All those little tiny photons hitting our people in the face. They should be lucky enough to get hit with shrapnel instead. So much better.

There are bad people in the world. There are also good people. People who want the same things you want. They want their children to have education, and houses, and food, and the right to grow old and raise children of their own.

Human rights should be universal. Not limited by who your government is, or where you live, or how much you make.. Universal.

Until we see the world that way, other people will keep dying for our right to remain superior in the world. The most powerful nation on the earth has the ability, the means, to make it better for everyone. Instead, we spend millions upon billions upon trillions into making it worse.

And we wonder why they hate us?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Johnsky you don't believe them when they show proof like the images of the handheld GPS, when the Iraq government back up the claim, when the vessel they were searching back it up to, then you have the first coordinates the Iranian government gave proofed the fact until they retracted them and gave a new set(Very suspicious).

If you don't trust anything the government say fair enough but the hard evidence speaks for its self, and each point is backed up by the other points,

Government say they were in Iraq waters, so does the Iraq government, so does the Vessel that was being searched, then Iran give coordinates that say there in Iraq waters then there's the Picture evidence, then the 15 are released and back up the same claims. each point backs up the next point/s.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The only gesture Iran deserves is the one-fingered salute.

I know it's been said many times before, but it still bears repeating.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
I can think of a 'gesture' or two that the Iranians could give to the USA in regard to the Americans ILLEGALLY kidnapping Iranian diplomats and holding them hostage.

Am I the only one that cares that the US is doing the exact same thing?!?

The Iranians were unquestionably taken in Iraq. Apples and Oranges.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

But we don't know that.

It doesn't matter. Even if they were in Iranian waters, Iran acted WAY out of line by "capturing" them like they were some sort of landing party.

500M inside their waters in a frixking dingy? You just "wave them off".

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Pootie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join