It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Parks to Offer "Fairytale Weddings" to Same Sex Couples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Disney Parks to Offer "Fairytale Weddings" to Same Sex Couples

www.washingtonpost.com

Walt Disney Co. said yesterday that gay couples can buy the company's high-end Fairy Tale Wedding package that allows them to exchange vows at Disney's theme parks and aboard its cruise ships, starting about $4,000 per wedding.

Same-sex couples have been allowed to use facilities on Disney grounds, such as banquet halls and conference rooms, for commitment ceremonies. But now, same-sex couples have access to the very public elements of the Fairy Tale Wedding plan, which includes a ceremony at one of the parks' marriage pavilions; Disney costumed characters at the reception; and a ride in a horse-drawn, glass-enclosed carriage through Disney property.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Disney is a private company and there's nothing to keep them from doing this, but I bet some people will complain after their little ones ask why there are two Prince Charmings and no Cinderella going into the glass carriage.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Obviously this is for the profit motive. But good to see this kind of morality nevertheless.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
"But We Say That With All Due Respect"

Considering the double entendre, I can't be the only one who sees the delicious irony in offering "Fairy Tale Weddings" to gay couples.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good for Disney.
I really like the idea of them calling it a "Fairy Tale Wedding", it sounds like they'll make it a very gay event for the happy couple.

And as far as children asking why there are two Princes and no Princess, tell them the truth. Gay couples are a fact of life, and I see no reason not to explain that to them.
They'll find out about it one way or the other, wouldn't you rather the information come from you than some kid on the playground calling another kid a fag ?

I think it would also be nice to have Tinkerbell sprinkle some Fairy Dust on the new couple.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
One word - sick. I suppose it's only a matter of time until this hits Disney's cartoons.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestro46
One word - sick.

While certainly controversial, I wouldn't say it's sick.

If Disney wants to offer this, they have the freedom to do so. If you are against it, you certainly have the freedom to not to buy their products and/or services.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by maestro46
One word - sick.

While certainly controversial, I wouldn't say it's sick.

If Disney wants to offer this, they have the freedom to do so. If you are against it, you certainly have the freedom to not to buy their products and/or services.

Yup, I'm taking full use of that freedom. If the west world wants to be OK with gay marriges I don't care. As for my country this is unacceptable. Same for much of the eastern world. Disney however is world famous, so in the near future maybe my kids will find out about this from disney. I know things like this are learnt sooner or later, but I do not want something portraying this as ok to my kids. You have to be careful with things you do and the decisions you make when the world is watching you because you are setting an example for many others. This is a responsibility which many seem to turn a blind eye to now-a-days.

Regards,
Maestro

new topics

top topics

join