It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would I go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
After the dust has settled. I'll be out looting at Prada

Excellent strategy! Just because the world has gone to hell in a handbasket doesn't mean you can't do so while looking fantastic!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The one defensive bonus we have here in the UK is castles...and we have them by the bucketload!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hm...the benefits of a castle are not to be understated.

There are fortified bases here but the chances of someone being able to take it over without military help is absurd (I think).

A civilian militia would be able to get RPG weapons materials maybe, but I don't see anyone purchasing a tank that can withstand the Abrams.

I don't know what we could do against choppers and/or planes. There's not really a private Air Force, darn.

You would definitely want to be high up preferably mountainous area as they're easier to defend and less chance of someone sneaking up on you. It would need fresh water preferably moving water. Wildlife and plants would become an issue as well as sunlight. I don't imagine finding shelter would be a problem though no matter where you go. It just depends out of what material you chose to build it.

If you are in a high-clay soil you could build adobe brick, mud, straw, existing manmade scrap, find a cave, or just use sticks and leaves if its warm enough and insulate it with furs.

There are many options if you open your mind regarding building materials.

Highly defensible areas would include: remote parts of the Amazon, Canadian/Northern US backwoods or mountains, Alaska?

I'm glad I don't live in the Eastern Hemisphere as there's really nowhere to hide but Ireland/UK. Everywhere else is smack dab in the middle of billions of people.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by biggie smalls]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join