It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Simpsons be cancelled within the near future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Simpsons is what got the FOX network started. It is the single greatest show on the FOX network (besides from Family Guy). If the Simpsons got cancelled, I would kill myself, and maybe everyone else around me. tell me what you think about this subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ouch...First off, I think your over reacting a bit. Don't get me wrong The Simpsons is a fantastic show. However, they have been on forever, let's be honest it is starting to get repetitive and it is losing it's touch. If they go on much longer they will taint all our fond memories of past greatness. Who wants that? New shows have taken over, Family Guy.....etc. The Simpsons did their job, they had a great run. I think it was the right decision to pull the plug on the show after the new Movie. That is what I think anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
WHAT?>??? theyve pulled the plug afta the movie?
Im gunna research this,
that sux!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure about that, but I think it is very suspicious none of them have aged in twenty years! LOL!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Besides non-fiction news and documentary series and some daytime soaps, I can't think of anything that's been in production as long as the Simpsons. I thought it ceased to be very funny and stopped watching it years and years ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
this is the last year for the simpsons.......sorry

[edit on 073030p://49047 by truthseeker1011]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We need a new fresh cartoon, that isn't like any of the others... We need what the simpsons used to be - but a different situation... The problem is it's all been done, even if live action comedy it's been done - thats why we're reduced to sports films and 'date movie'.... '-_-

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
We need a new fresh cartoon, that isn't like any of the others... We need what the simpsons used to be - but a different situation... The problem is it's all been done, even if live action comedy it's been done - thats why we're reduced to sports films and 'date movie'.... '-_-

What we need is "Angry Dad"!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
I'm not sure about that, but I think it is very suspicious none of them have aged in twenty years! LOL!

havent you watched the one where they have simpsons behind the scene
anti aging hormones and drugs

hope this isnt true
everyone loves the american family even so its not real

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I thought Matt Groanings plan was to finish the show at season 21 making it the longest running show above another show I cant remember atm

buuut i maybe wrong, and does anybody know if Futurama is coming back?? i heard there's a new season and I love that show.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here's a list of the longest running shows.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, they are only American productions as I know of one show that has the Number 1 position beat by 6 years for consecutive seasons and 9 for overall.

It's this show if anyone is interested

Sorry for going off topic.

As to the Topic at hand, I don't even watch the Simpsons new episodes anymore, as I know that I'll see them on regular syndication soon enough anyway. Much better stuff out there, like Robot Chicken and ATHF.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I sorry that I got this thread started, I'm just joking. Anyways I didn't expect this conversation to be so big. I did't say that it would end soon, I was just saying that do you THINK that it would end soon.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well, they are only American productions as I know of one show that has the Number 1 position beat by 6 years for consecutive seasons and 9 for overall.

It's this show if anyone is interested

They listed Dr. Who, but they said it didn't meet criteria, but I didn't see where it said why. Maybe because it was a British production.

[edit on 2007/4/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey, I was just joking about that. You need to quote the whole thing. But where did the whole Dr. Who thing come in from. I'm not saying that it's not a bad show, but this is the simpsons thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i heared that it was ending in the movie but im not sure

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is it really going to be cancelled after the movie?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Shows like The Simpsons don't get canceled, they retire.

Here is what Matt Groening has to say.

"I honestly don't see any end in sight. I think it's possible that the show will get too financially cumbersome...but right now, the show is creatively, I think, as good or better than it's ever been. The animation is incredibly detailed and imaginative, the stories do things that we haven't done before, so creatively there's no reason to quit."
www.avclub.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That is a good point, they retire.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, I'm easy to please, I still like almost every episode they make, it hasn't stopped being funny to me. I hope they carry on till Matt kicks the proverbial bucket.

I think people who moan about the "good old days" of the simpsons are being daft. Comedy evolves with the times and the cultures, if it stays still it'll stagnate. Stop opressing the Simpsons!

I still don't know why they have yellow skin however.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join