It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parasite Makes Victims Commit Suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i apologize if this has been posted, but these videos are really cool
basically its a video of a parasite that brainwashes its victims. The first video shows a cricket committing suicide by jumping into water then the parasite emerges from the water to find a new host. Its extremely strange how a parasite can control the decisions of its host!

cricket

video.google.com...

snail

youtube.com

[edit on 6-4-2007 by hikix]

mod edit, format link

[edit on 6-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow, that cricket has a SEVERE case of Morgellons! lol

that thing was huge, i wanna know how it fit inside the cricket without killing it already.

nightmares tonight me thinks.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
That's absolutely disgusting. I had a hard time believing this was real.

Omg.

I feel like I'm going to gag.

I don't know if I can ever swim again.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
That's absolutely disgusting. I had a hard time believing this was real.

Omg.

I feel like I'm going to gag.

I don't know if I can ever swim again.

Me neither.

One minute you get the irresistable urge to jump in the pool, the next......... well

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's some creepy stuff. Imagen if there are ones that use humans. Isn't there one that infects cats and humans? I swear I read that some where.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Is the cricket committing suicide or has the parasite only killed the cricket while it is in the water and is the cricket drawn to water because of the ill effects of having a huge worm eating his guts out?

Gordian Worms

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There's a lot of speculation that Toxoplasma gondii, which causes Toxoplasmosis in humans, actually causes behavioral changes in humans, particularly neuroticismp.

Maybe Stargate has a point after all.

The Goa'uld are real!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Very cool videos, and oh boy was that worm big.. O_O

But it is a very commen thing to see in nature.. It is indeed very commen among ants too.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
wow..give's a whole new meaning to "born again" did that cricket jump in the(jordan) pool to be baptized? or was it doing a cheep reanactment of dune?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
LOL, it's called the CNN age and mass murder, suicide.

damn, why is that funny......

Too gross hikix, suppose God has a purpose for every creature.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, in people, maybe rabies.

The rabies virus moves into the parotid glands, infecting the saliva, at about the time the victim gets the urge to start biting.

As Thain pointed out, the lancet fluke Dicrocoelium infests ants at one stage, and causes unusual behavior that has no other purpose but to spread the fluke.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I remember watching this video too. Kind of creepy to think about what could possibly be lurking out there, just waiting to send you swimming too.

On the same pogram, they also had footage of species specific parasites. As far as I can remember, they were like spores from flowers, that the animal would eat/enhale. This animal would then live its life, until it was 'instructed' to ground somewhere, where the parasite would continue to grow out of the animal and release new spores.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Don't you just love parasites. Botfly's, tapeworms, round worms, amoebas. I have seen this documentary in particular and those worms in the snail are
I don't know about parasites that can actually control the brain, but there are some that can make you go crazy.

They live in our bodies, even in our cells, and most of the time we do not even know that they are there. In fact, the brain can provide a pleasant, nurturing environment for many parasites, because it has structures that prevent many of the immune system’s cells from entering the brain, at least in the early stages of infection. Add to that plenty of oxygen and nutrients, and the brain seems like a rather nice place to live.

It is interesting to note that some of these symptoms, such as seizures, are caused not only by the presence of the brain parasites, but also by the immune system (White 2000). In general, parasites do not want to be detected by the immune system, because then they will most likely be eaten and killed. They try to do everything they can to avoid eliciting a strong immune response. Parasites also don’t want to do anything that can kill the host. If the host dies, then the parasites die too. For this reason, people can have parasites for years and not show any symptoms at all. But then as the larval defenses break down, the host immune system is able to have a greater effect, and the symptoms become more obvious. What does the host immune system do to defend against the parasites, and why does its actions elicit harmful effects on its own body?

source

*SNIP*

[edit on 7-4-2007 by souls]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a nasty one that takes over its host:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit:

Fascinating article from there:

Do Parasites Rule the World?

[edit on 4/7/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Here's a nasty one that takes over its host:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Hulda Clark Zapper kills parasites by sending 9 volt square waves through pads in hands or handheld conductive rods.

Look in Google.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh god thats nasty...

But how the hell did that huge worm fit in that cricket?! How much space is inside it?! It seemed implausible...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
the intestines wrap around reallly long in a tiny space. the worm probably lives all throughout the contorted spaces of the intestines.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm too scared to go to bed now ; ;, why did I watch those videos?... I saw one on David Attenbourghs 'Beneath the Undergrowth' or 'Planet Earth' (can't remember which though) where an ant went mad because of some paracites... Saw some pretty gross ones on 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (not the film
) where some people had huge maggots living in their heads... i'd find a picture but i don't really want to look at them again

Heres the ant thing, not as gross as the first to videos I dont think, but still nasty lol

[edit on 7/4/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Saw some pretty gross ones on 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (not the film
) where some people had huge maggots living in their heads...

Leucochloridium paradoxum does this in snails.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Saw some pretty gross ones on 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (not the film
) where some people had huge maggots living in their heads...

Leucochloridium paradoxum does this in snails.

good find.. ive seen a snail with 2 of those in its head on tv. It looked like it came from outerspace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join