It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Fighters NOT For Rudy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Fire Fighters NOT For Rudy

www.firedoglake.com

It’s no secret Rudy Giuliani is basing his campaign for president on the public’s image of him as Mr. 9-11 Hero. People outside New York know little of the skeletons in his personal closet, which aren’t exactly compatible with a ticket that foghorns family values as the core of its platform.

More important, most people outside New York also don’t know about his real record after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Most people that is, except for the Fire Fighters (IAFF) union.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.firefightingnews.com

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Seems like New York's Firefighters aren't a fan of Rudy. On March 14, 2007, the IAFF will host the first bi-partisan Presidential Forum of the 2008 election cycle. Rudy will not be invited.

www.firedoglake.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I certainly thought more people would comment on this. I'm going to shamelessly bump this once, before I let it fall to the bottom again. If you have no comment you should flag it if nothing else. I think it's a pretty big statement that Fire Fighters are so anti- Rudi!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't think Rudy is as popular as some of the media portrays him to be...so I'm not surprised.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I heard that the head of the NYC Firefighters Union is a big liberal with close ties to Mrs. Bill Clinton.

So this is not unexpected.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised about this.

I figured all the cops and firefighers would be behind Guiliani 100%.

At this point I am endorsing Guiliani (unless someone better pops up). I don't like some of the things he stands for (abortion & gun control), but he was at ground zero on 9/11 and he ran for his life with everyone else. This means he won't ever forget - and that's vital for this country.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I heard that the head of the NYC Firefighters Union is a big liberal with close ties to Mrs. Bill Clinton.

So this is not unexpected.

Why just Rudi though? All Unions tend to have democratic leaders. I just don't see why they would single out Rudi for this purpose. The article lists some pretty good arguments saying otherwise.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The NYC Firefighter's union is one of the most liberal organizations in the country. I don't find this surprising at all.

It doesn't mean though that firefighters personally are against Rudy. In the privacy of the voting booth, I bet most of them would be willing to vote for him given the chance.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here we have it folks. The three worst people in the world!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can we ban video links? Or at least the ones without a description?

Anyway back to Rudy...once Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich enters the race, Rudy is done.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Can we ban video links? Or at least the ones without a description?

Guess Fred Thompson is using his cancer to... JUMP START THE CAMPAIGN!!!

I'm sorry man, I know you are a conservative. I am as well, but I can't stand Rush. I listen to him, but he is one of the problems with the Republican party right now. If Congressman Ron Paul doesn't get through the primaries. Fred has my vote, if he stays healthy... Or... Runs at all...

If Fred doesn't run and Ron doesn't get through... I reregister with the Libertarians so I can continue bashing both the left and the right in this country without a guilty conscious.

top topics

join