It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many here are t total (be honest)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you can probally remember the topic on who smokes and who doent and i thought it would be fun to see who on here is t-total as well just for a laugh.

ill get the ball rolling im t-total, because i never found a drink i truely liked that was alcoholic.
but i have no problem with people drinking alcohol and usually i ebd up being the designated drinker

i just dont like when people try to force alcohol on me as if im missing something.

well what about you guys

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Did you really mean you are usually the designated DRINKER?
'cause, I would like that job too..:w:

I drink a little.
Sometimes Wine..Merlots are my favorite.
Sometimes Martinis, Big Dirty ones, with 2 collosal olives.

Sometimes Beer, I prefer really dark brews. The last one I had that I really really liked, was something called "Polygamy Porter"..Yes, brewed in Utah.

But 5 or six drinks per month is about my speed.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I peronally smoke and drink.

I take pride in the fact that when I POst. things I take relish in the fact that when I post I like to make pertinent facts of things.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I take pride in the fact that when I POst. things I take relish in the fact that when I post I like to make pertinent facts of things.

thats cool and im proud to be t-total, the thing i like the most a bout being t-total is i have a great time out and can remember it the next day hangover free and i love telling people about the embarrassing things they did the night before (in fun of cause not nasty in anyway)

also i like looking after my friends when they are to drunk so they dont get hurt and they get home safe especially lately because the club we usually go to someone keeps putting that date rape drug in drinks its a big problem where i live at the moment.
my group know ive always got there back.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I gave up booze years ago, I haven't had a drink in over a decade. I don't care if people around me are drinking, but I hate it when they try and pressure me to drink.
Then they get all offended when you stand your ground. :shk:

When you only have two days off a week, who wants to spend one of them hugging the toilet?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I drink alcohol but certainly not in any amount that would be considered to be problematic. Frankly, my alcohol consumption levels would barely label me as a "drinker" at all.

I am prone to migraine headaches and alcohol is a major "trigger". So, when I do drink, it is genuinely moderate. A beer or wine (white) with a meal is the norm for me.

Personally, I can count the number of times that I have been intoxicated on one hand (with fingers left to spare). While I do enjoy the "heady" feeling one gets from drinking, I don't enjoy feeling "out of control" or feeling like my motor skills or thought processes are impaired.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i never smoke just once or twise and i didnt like it
for alcohol just on partyes(when i have to)i dont like its taste but still makes u dizzy and funny...so dont drink alcohol otherwise but i like how "martini" sounds(:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm reading this thread and thinking the OP wants to know how many here are teetotalling drunks. she mentions being the designated drinker (nee driver) which makes the question even more confusing.

So, I am now forced to ask, are you asking "who here is a total drunk?"

perhaps it's all the booze but I'm totally lost

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm a wino hedonism chimp... The occasional cigar if the situation and the quality of the roll demands it. Cigarettes are just foul, and have no merit.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i just thought that when the other person started the non smokers topic some of us had a laugh and i though it was interesting to see who dont drink for a laugh not seriousness.
i was joking about the designated driver because i always drive because im the only one who doesnt drink in my group so techically im the designated driver.
stop taking life so seriously read the joke forum

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I can't say I'm t-total, but I'm pretty close. I normally only drink 3-4 times a year, and never enough to get drunk.
Just curious, does it count if the alcohol is like, in rum balls or spaghetti sauce?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm not a big fan of alcohol but the only reason I don't have my usual glass of wine with dinner anymore is that I'm on meds that put too much stress on my liver already.

Otherwise, an occasional glass of zinfandel or cabernet sauvignon can be lovely.

So I'm a tee-totaler, but not by choice.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Alcohol is a drug. Chronic overindulgence can lead to serious life changing trauma.

And alcoholism is a disease that tells you that you don't have a disease.

Some people can drink with impunity and reason. Some can't.

Easy does it!!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Work hard

Drink hard

Dance hard

Play hard

Train hard

Fight easy.

P.S. I gave up the fags the day after my G/F now wife told me she was pregnant.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

:

P.S. I gave up the fags the day after my G/F now wife told me she was pregnant.

Hmmmm...........That was probably a very wise decision!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When I was little my mother used to cook liver and onions, and would make me eat that liver and onions. I hate liver. So I really like to teach my liver a lesson sometimes. Yeah! Lotsa vodka, and tequila and stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
being an athlete, I've never drank or never smoked. I've got plenty of family members who do both, on severe ends of both also. I don't ever really plan on starting to do either.

I'm the type of person that when I like something, I usually want it a lot. I guess in a way I'm scared to drink, because if I like it, I'll want it.. a lot. and I have a history of alcoholics in my family, and I'm not even going to risk becoming just the next member.

And I'm sure I'll have more than enough offers as I'll be a Freshman in college this fall.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I dont smoke or drink.
I dont like alcohol.
I only like Tequilla but I never buy any.
I bounced for 15 years in bars.
Drinkers made me a lot of money.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'll usually have no more than 3 pints over a night if I go out unless I don't have any fights scheduled for a while. Even then I really don't like getting wasted.

[edit on 25/6/07 by Oni-Kage]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm not T-total. I enjoy a few drinks at the weekend, and my alcohol intake is no doubt above recommended levels. Last time I was completely T total was when I was about 15 years old. I come from a drinking family in a drinking community. I work in an environment where drinking is part of the normal social life. I have moved back into the Sergeants Mess, so drinking is part of the way of life. It's a drinking culture.

Saying that, I know I can keep a handle on it now. Several years ago I had a real problem with drink, mostly due to severe stress from work and home life. The big thing is I was not alone. There were literally dozens in my regiment who were in the same situation. Back then we spent our whole lives as terrorist targets both on and off duty, and that put massive amounts of strain on us all. In that time I was hardly ever sober. My main thought was 'when can I get home for a drink?'. My home life suffered, as did my fitness. I am pretty sure that those couple of years held me back at work too.

These days I can take or leave it. I am happy to go for months without a drink, as is the case on some operational tours. Most nights I don't drink at all, preferring to get together with some mates and go running/training, hit the cinema or some such. I'm also studying for a degree at the minute, so I have to dedicate a lot of time to that.

There's nothing wrong with having a few drinks at the weekend. However I have seen the other end of the spectrumand know what it can do to you. Well done to those who don't drink. And keep a handle on it to those who do.

<<   2 >>

join