It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if Time travel was possible ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I saw the movie trailer for Timeline earlier today, which got me thinking about time travel and what I would do if there was such thing as a time machine.
Where would I go, and what would I do.

I decided that I would love to visit the early 1800's in Europe and meet Shelley and Byron in the Villa Diodati. I don't particularly like their poetry, but their lifestyles fascinate me.

Here's my question for the members of ATS - what would you do and where would you do if you had a time machine ?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hummm!

so many opportunities!

I like the idea of going back in time and exposing the cheating and swindling that we know about now by the Rockefellers, Rothschilds, and Illuminati whilst in their early years.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hmm..maybe visit the future for a little while, then go back to early days of the united states. Probably invest in a few key stocks, valuable merchandise, and arrange for my future self to acquire them.

And I guess I would check out some famous "conspiracy" scenes just to set the record straight, such as roswell, jfk, and other stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oooooh, What would I do? I would manipulate the timeline so that Bill & Ted really were worshipped in the future. Sorry, I just love those movies.

"Be excellent to each other" And "Party on dudes"!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would visit great people like Socrates or Galileo or see if there was really an Atlantian civilization or check out how the universe began - That is the top one on my list.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I would visit great people like Socrates or Galileo or see if there was really an Atlantian civilization or check out how the universe began - That is the top one on my list.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to travel back to before the universe existed?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i would hang out in Paris during some of the great writer's time.

i would also go into the future and see how my love life ends up. no, i probably wouldn't. f*** fate.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i would take back a certan ammount of valuable items. gold / diamonds . then i would turn it all into the curancy of the most powerfull nation at the time i chose to go back too buy up tons of stocks i had done research on under a false name i illegally obtained
and leave myself everything in a safety deposit box along with a death certificate and a copy of my " relatives " will... then sell all the stocks make a fortune and giggle like a school girl when i come back

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

I wonder what would happen if you tried to travel back to before the universe existed?

I guess you can't or can you?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'd go back to circa 1969 or so and see Nick Drake play live.

And I'd like to see how the Egyptian pyramids were REALLY built.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gothique

Here's my question for the members of ATS - what would you do and where would you do if you had a time machine ?
I'd be wary of using a time machine in fear of drastically altering the present moment.

The "Butterfly Effect" has some truth to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm more of an ego centrist. I'd want to simply go back and reinhabit myself at a certain point in the past, but with current knowledge.

Also, I want to be the only one that can do this!

The whole go back and buy stocks thing, etc. doesn't really matter if just anyone can do it.

I've known for years when and where I'd go back. HS or college might be fun, but I'd rather skip ahead to around 28 (like 7 years ago).

Not just for personal gain, but I've thought about it alot. I'd want a Presidential audience with Clinton AND ESPECIALLY GORE! and have theorized on how to get one without being shot.

It would be hard...but to warn anyone about say 9/11... you'd have to 'prophesize' other things, like Monica gate or Travel gate or Katherine Harris screwing up Florida 2000.

I have personal reasons too, things to change, but politics would be huge for me. I would stop Bush as priority one.

Sorry if that's boring...I'd go see Jesus crucified, whatever, if I had more than one 'trip' but I have to think the past would be a bit of a let down in reality. We discuss the egyptians and sumarians and the like all day on here....but it would SUCK to go back and see they were pretty much idiots right before they sacrifice you to a cat or something.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would go back to the exact moment I left, just to see what happens. I suppose I'd be stuck in a time loop, eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I would go back with a few little pieces of technology and proclaim myself a god! I would then rule with an iron fist and have a harem of 1000 women!

hmmmm.......

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would go back to the 1870's and make Jacob Walz tell me where the lost dutchman mine is.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Like Shoktek, I would go to key conspiracy moments, but also (rather selfishly) I would go into the near future and check the stock market, go back and buy things that are about to ROCKET. Although, the very act of buying those stocks may create a parallax effect and negate the stocks. Meh. But kalistenics has a good idea, I would promote my own religon, pushing Red Dwarf past cult TV show status. Cloister, the Cat god!!! No. But I jest, I think a neo-feudal japan style future would be cool. Did anyone read the obscure comic book series Space Usagi? It would be kinda like that. and that's my two cents

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Aside from stocks...because you still have to HAVE money to invest it, and going back in time means you have to make some FIRST!

What is the ONE THING you'd invent? Avoiding collaberative efforts mind you. It would be impossible for one person to "Gore" the Internet or reap all the rewards.

Assuming limited resources other than your brain...I'd have to say eBay. Cornering the online auction and collectible markets in one stroke was pure frickin' genius! And quite lucrative almost immediately!

The beauty of it all? You sell nothing, other people do and pay YOU!!!!

My second choice? 1-800-FLOWERS. Same concept, he signed up florists all over the country to do the work at first. He just had a phone number. Brilliant!!!

But best of all...LAZY!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If time travel was possible, I would visit my wife's ex with a pair of bricks, hence making it impossible for him to spead his neanderthal seed (who I am now subjected to )

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would go back and slap a knot on my younger selfs head and tell me to be a HE** of a lot nicer to those who were dumb enough to love me

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would return to yesterday's New Years party and stop myself from drinking so much.

With her head swimming, Gothique decides to switch off the computer and go back to bed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join