It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic double standards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
LightWorker13

If America is so bad in your opinion, just what country do you think is better? If America is so bad where should be turn for leadership into a better world? It sounds to me like you think Iran is an innocent nation and we should look to them as our beacon of freedom.

I am just an average American and am totally blinded by my patriotism so please teach me the better way.

I know its a sad fact that the oppression is so bad everywhere else, that our oppression looks like freedom. And I never said Iran is a beacon for freedom, Im saying America is not a beacon for freedom even though youlaim you are.

It goes beyond countries and the whole nationalism crap, we are one people living divided on one planet. Nationalism and the whole my country vs your country thing only serves to help those who seek to divide and rule. We need unity, not division, I mean god forbid we live together in peace and harmony.

I ask what is the difference between a black man living in America, and a black man living in lets say Canada? There is no difference, the only difference is that that one black man was born on a different part of the land we call the Americas than the other black man, but yet they are somehow different because one is Canadian, one is American, its complete nonsense.

You see, but the Elite want at all costs, do keep people squabbling and focused on the differences we all have, instead of what we all have in common. So, you know, they play religion against religion, I mean in Christianity alone, you have protestant and catholics, its the same religion! Yet they have been fighting for centuries, not so much today but still, divide and rule, religion plays well into that.

And Nationalism, also serves to help divide and rule the people of the human race. Its an age old technique. Divide the people into different camps, arm these camps, and brainwash them into fighting each other. Nationalism is a major tool used for this purpose.

And in any case, its ok to be proud of your "country", and to support it, but not at the expense of everyone else. Your government wants to control everything, they planned it out clearly in the Project for a New American Century documents, with the main goal to ensure American dominance in global affairs.

The people who live in the land called America, are made up of people from all over the world, coming together because they had the same ideals of personal freedom and abundance. But, there is this dark cabal who have gained control over the American economic financial political and financial systems. They are dead set on using Americas vast diversity to divide Americans, and they do this throughout the whole world, I mean even America is divided into 50 states, its one country! One people!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
abs, i think you're biased against America. Why even bring up the Kyoto Treaty? wtf does that have to do with Iran's nuclear capabilities or America's aggression? Quickly, I find the Kyoto argument purty funny. Because if you believe in chemtrails then you would realize it costs mear millions to deter green house gases through chemical spraying where as the Kyoto treaty would force America to spend hundreds of billions of dollars modifying all of their coal plants and so forth. America is the largest polluter (it might be China by now since their rivers are basically contaminated from all of the lax restraints on environmental issues in Chinese manufacturing) and since America has so much, it would cost them the most (by far) to bring themselves up to the Kyoto's standard. And since America is all about the dollar, I wonder why they haven't signed the dotted line...

What you may be forgeting is that the United States is the lone superpower in the World and with that comes responsibility. Both good and bad. One of those is acting as the world's police whether or not anyone agrees with it. The UN has illustrated time and again that they are inept so America often takes the place as judge, jury, and executioner. Do I agree with it? Of course not but it is what it is and no matter how many threads we create to talk about, it won't matter one iota. Those in power want more power. And one of the ways to get it is to continually use military conflicts to garnish that stature.

I find it silly you brought up those two questions regarding Iran and if they had invaded any other countries in the past 100 years...do you realize that America spends nearly $2 billion every single day on their military and have been spending over a billion dollars on their military every single day for decades?! Because when you realize that fact, you realize the why America is hated around the world. Of course Iran hasn't invaded anyone in the past 100 years because they're roughly 50-70 years behind America's military. If Iran had 1/10 the capability of America's military, I'm confident they would have been more active.

You said it yourself. The United States has had 200 and some odd military conflicts in nearly 75 countries since WWII, that we know about. Think about everything that America learns and betters themselves from by entering in those conflicts. Countries like China have no idea what real combat is like. They haven't fired a rifle, in combat, in decades. It's that very aggression that you despise that keeps America in charge of the world's affairs. It is that experience, mass collections of spoils of war, and combat intelligence that allows America to dictate lesser countries as they see fit. Is it wrong? Hell Yes! But nobody is going to do anything about it. So, the rest of the world is just going to have to grin and bear it as the United States expands their imperialistic empire.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So America is the worlds police now...to serve and protect haha

Serve and protect the system, thats all police are there for, and all the American military is being used for, is to serve and protect your crooked leaders interests.

And by the way, your leaders dont have your best interest at heart, they dont care about you. They can care less whether you are safe or not. If someone went up to George Bush and told him you were living on the streets, you think he would give a damn??

You want money for homeless people, you want money for social programs, you want money to improve the urban cities or to buy new books for the schools, or to buy upgraded hospital equipment, even at places like Walter Reed..."ooo these things take time, the economy goes up and down, it takes time to solve these problems."

Yet you want money for hi tech surveillence cameras on the streets, or you want money to fund war, or for new sound wave weapons for the police....hell you want money to study wheter or not black people get cancer faster from smoking cigarettes than white people....you see how quick theyll write the check....

[edit on 7-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
So America is the worlds police now...to serve and protect haha

Serve and protect the system, thats all police are there for, and all the American military is being used for, is to serve and protect your crooked leaders interests.

And by the way, your leaders dont have your best interest at heart, they dont care about you. They can care less whether you are safe or not. If someone went up to George Bush and told him you were living on the streets, you think he would give a damn??

You want money for homeless people, you want money for social programs, you want money to improve the urban cities or to buy new books for the schools..."ooo these things take time, the economy goes up and down, it takes time to solve these problems."

Yet you want money for hi tech surveillence cameras on the streets, or you want money to fund war, or for new sound wave weapons for the police....hell you want money to study wheter or not black people get cancer faster from smoking cigarettes than white people....you see how quick theyll write the check....

Take your obvious rants that everyone already knows about into another thread titled "Rants by Light Worker." Stick to the topic at hand. If the USA wasn't a Superpower, they wouldn't be conducting the orchestra.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You have voted LightWorker13 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Wished some more people would join his perspective.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
What you may be forgeting is that the United States is the lone superpower in the World and with that comes responsibility.

Lone? Superpower? Military maybe - but economical, it isn't, it never was and it would never be. I'am sorry but that part of your statement is "garbage".

I've found more points id like to answer to, tomorrow morning.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

2. Is there clear evidence that Iran is sponsoring terrorism?

Well thought-out post absente...with interesting, and valid questions. I'm only going offer a brief response to a couple of your queries here.

I doubt there are many clean hands in this dirty business, and it's my intention to avoid stepping into the fray over which country's intel agencies, have historically been the most active sponsors of terrorism by proxy i.e., the US, Israel, Syria etc...but with regard to Iran, simply google search: 'MOIS', or 'MOIS threat',or 'Ministry of Intelligence and Security'.

Despite the fact, that as signatories to the NPT, Iran has the legal right to enrich uranium...behind the curtain...it's the countries with the most economic, and military clout that make the rules...currently that would be the US & it's Western allies. To insure supremacy, from Americas perspective, the US Dollar MUST remain the world's reserve currency. A nuclear Iran is seen as a further threat in this regard. Money builds armies...armies build empires. With pressure on Dollar dominance mounting, the US is signaling to Iran that it may be willing travel whatever distance is required to protect the status quo.

Still, I hope it's a hollow threat, and that ultimately humankind can move on to a new, and more peaceful paradigm...ALL of our children deserve it.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
LOL so many out there are jealous of us and our military supremacy and world dominance. So many cry babies out there. It'll be okay-cheer up!!! HAHA

[edit on 7-4-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

What you may be forgeting is that the United States is the lone superpower in the World and with that comes responsibility.

Lone? Superpower? Military maybe - but economical, it isn't, it never was and it would never be. I'am sorry but that part of your statement is "garbage".

I've found more points id like to answer to, tomorrow morning.

maybe? if you can't even admit that, save yourself the time and don't respond anymore. anyone in their right mind is awar of America's military might.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

maybe? if you can't even admit that, save yourself the time and don't respond anymore. anyone in their right mind is awar of America's military might.

Good economy is needed for a "military might" - You can't win war's if you can't "pay" them, and that's a key point. Anyone in their mind is aware of Americas economic crisis, so it's just a mater of time until the "maybe" turns into an "no".

PS: That question was discussed in many other threads, and that's not the question here.

PPS: Some stuff about your "lone Superpower"

A British defence source confirmed that there were deep misgivings inside the Pentagon about a military strike. “All the generals are perfectly clear that they don’t have the military capacity to take Iran on in any meaningful fashion. Nobody wants to do it and it would be a matter of conscience for them.
- source

America's Middle Class Has Become Globalization's Loser
At the beginning of the 21st century, the United States is still a superpower. But it's a superpower facing competition from beyond its borders as well as internal difficulties. Its lower and middle classes are turning out to be the losers of globalization.

source

[edit on 8-4-2007 by absente]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL so many out there are jealous of us and our military supremacy and world dominance. So many cry babies out there. It'll be okay-cheer up!!! HAHA

Jealous? Yeah, I am jealous because i won't get an implanted id chip in my right forearm and i won't get arrested when i demonstrate.

Please stick to the topic

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
this is an issue of the refusal of 2nd amendment taken globally. the people with power dont want the people "without" getting power. it harder to control people if they can fight back.

oppression

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
if u dont think america has a "good" economy, then the rest of the world has a poor one. ur thread is a bust because u can't bring anything concrete to the table. that ridiculous .de link you gave just was a shortcut to a biased article, from europe (big shocker!), against the USA. any site that uses maps to show the GNP country by country but has a special category labeled "western europe" shows their true American envy. For example, they have USA, China, Japan, Russia, and then a "western europe" category as well as taking shots at eastern europe in the article. And we are talking about the 1800's and early 1900's. there should be seperate categories for France, Germany, ect. save your anti-american diatribe. the last time i checked, it is America who is dictating the world. keep that in mind when you doubt America's military might, son.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
America is the largest of the biggest economies in the World yes its having a few difficulties but who's doesn't, but at the end of the day its a still going strong!

if i remember right its

1st USA
2nd Japan
3rd Germany
4th France
5th UK

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
it's like a frickin' nazi's wet dream. yes, nearly 70 years after Germany fell on its' face for the second time in a short span, the USA is falling...because...well because...their debt is high and well because I am a European so I look at stats per capita instead of whole amounts. Either way you look at the stats, America's economy is still growing and its' foolish to even debate it.

America's so-called "debt" to other countries rises and sets like the sun. When Clinton was in office a mere 8 years ago, he wiped out the debt. Besides, America doesn't take this debt seriously because it is CREDIT and credit exists in thin air. America has been playing the credit game for eons and this is one way we stay on top.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

if u dont think america has a "good" economy, then the rest of the world has a poor one. ur thread is a bust because u can't bring anything concrete to the table.

And I am not trying - i was just asking a question, and expected arguments, but you take it too personally - slow down.

that ridiculous .de link you gave just was a shortcut to a biased article, from europe (big shocker!), against the USA.

Well, that "biased" article is one of Germany's most read political magazine, it's the same like Americas "TIME" magazine - so i won't comment your answer further, because of your ignorance.

any site that uses maps to show the GNP country by country but has a special category labeled "western europe" shows their true American envy. For example, they have USA, China, Japan, Russia, and then a "western europe" category as well as taking shots at eastern europe in the article.

True American envy? How is that? And why? "European Union", it's more or less going to be like in the United States - Both callings have absolutely the same meaning. Sorry, but you really have to argument and think a little more before posting such things.

And we are talking about the 1800's and early 1900's. there should be seperate categories for France, Germany, ect. save your anti-american diatribe. the last time i checked, it is America who is dictating the world. keep that in mind when you doubt America's military might, son.

Well, there is no anti-american diatribe in my posts. It seems, you can't discuss something with someone, when this person hasn't the same perspective like yours. Just because I am Bulgarian and doesn't share your point of view - that doesn't make me anti-american. It's you who are talking about "America dictating the world" - So it seems you share my perspective - "dictating", check WiKi what that word means.

I have given you arguments in every answer - so if you don't come up with any arguments, that can disprove mine - don't bother and find yourself another thread. Again, nothing personal, but you really should try learning what's a discussion, and arguing your points (What you did actually a few times)

People, please stick to the thread - It's NOT about the USA, it's about Atomic Weapons.

mwhodges.home.att.net...

I recommend to view the whole site. And talk to me again after that ..

[edit on 8-4-2007 by absente]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And what does this have to do with an atomic double standard?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

People, please stick to the thread - It's NOT about the USA, it's about Atomic Weapons.

the irony in that sentence astounds me. if it was not for the USA, there would not be an atomic double standard.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, if it wasnt for the USA, there might have been an atomic double standard, but that would be getting into the category of what if. And thats an area I don't tread into easily.

I agree though, that the only reason (in todays society) that atomic double standard exists is in fact because of the USA.
Without the USA's intervention, there would be no Atomic double standard. I can't say who would have access to them or not, as that would be up to Germany and Russia to decide... and like I mentioned before, thats the land of 'what if' which is a stupid area to go into.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
More or less we've found the answer, even if it's nothing new. So the rephrased answer is: "The are atomic double standard's, because of the US - The only country that has used atomic weapons before" - No, i think THAT sounds ironic LooseSinkShips.

And with "Conplan 8022" signed by Donald Rumsfeld we are just about to have the next nuclear holocaust in future - hopefully not.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Georgi

top topics

<< 1   >>

join