It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13-Year-Old Arrested In School For Writing On Desk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Something is seriously wrong with this country.
We have no sense of priorities.
I think most people in school,at one time or another,have done this same thing.
Does the act deserve to have a person embarrased and arrested?
Step right up boys and girls,welcome to your fledgeling police state,known as the USA.

(CBS)-(CBS) NEW YORK In this day and age where young students are frequently charged for serious school offenses such as possessing weapons, dealing drugs, or assaulting other students on school property, one Brooklyn teen's arrest may come as a surprise. A 13-year-old girl was handcuffed and placed under arrest in front of her classmates in Dyker Heights after she wrote "Okay" on her desk.

wcbstv.com...

Police confirm that that's exactly what's written on her arrest record and for the crime, she's been charged with criminal mischief and the making of graffiti. Fraser says the day she marked her desk, she was wrongly grouped together with troublemakers who had plastered stickers all over the classroom.

wcbstv.com...

Full story here
wcbstv.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
While what she did was wrong, destruction of school property, vandalism etc, i think maybe a detention would be more appropriate punishment.
Ok here is what ive been wondering. Are stories like this happening more often or are they just being reported more often? I tend to believe that it is happening more often. We here of kids getting tased, old ladies getting tackled and beat up on, all for minor offenses.
I dont get it

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That is just insane ... the "American Dream" is turning into an "American Nightmare"

The problem is - I am not suprised by such headlines, i'am getting used to it. And so are most of the people, brainwashing is going great - maybe those kids will be executed publicly in 30 years - because of "National Security" // (Excuse my ironic cinism)

georgi

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If she was arrested for writing "okay" on her desk, then I should have received capital punishment for words/pictures that my friends and I wrote on our desks back in highschool!!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My teacher used to make me stay after school and wash all the desks in the room (I was a chronic doodler)........

This has gotten so out of hand.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This girl shows obvious signs of some psychological disorder and must be prescribed remedial medication without delay to protect herself and society.
A few years on psychotropic drugs should make her a good little drone (that's if she doesn't kill herself or shoot up the school cafeteria first)

Seriously though, that is so screwed up. The same sort of thing is happening this side of the pond too with kids being arrested for the most trivial things.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yea usually when you see something like this, its because the child is a chronic troublemaker and when officials have the opportunity to get her in trouble they take it.

SR

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
My teacher used to make me stay after school and wash all the desks in the room (I was a chronic doodler)........

This has gotten so out of hand.

Exacatly i had to wipe what i used to write off and then stay behind and clean all the desks that had chewing gum and writing on them. It's so stupid that she was arrested for this it just shows as well that theres alot of poor quality teachers in the system that can't handle classes or dish out apprioate punishment.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I say they went easy on her - you liberal wimps are way too soft on crime.

No less than the death penalty should be applied in this case.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow. What can one possibly say about this? This country is definitely going a little crazy when it comes to crime and punishment. We have child rapists getting out of prison after a short time in prison, and now we have kids getting arrested for writing on their desk! Next thing you know they will charge her with domestic terrorism. Where does it end?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
Wow. What can one possibly say about this? This country is definitely going a little crazy ?

America is degenerating fast.

I WANT YOU TO DO A CALCULATION THAT AT THE PRESENT RATE OF ARRESTS AND CRIMINAL RECORDS....how long will it be before all 300 million americans have criminal records...

I can just see the hayweed sheriff with his big belly and pea sized brain arresting...

Americans stupidity is becaming world famous and legendery now.

i think this is caused by THE SHELDRAKE EFFECT BECAUSE OF G.W. BUSH.

the sheldrake effect means if a leader is stupid then his stupidness will percolate into the lower people.

this is a scientific theory....

google sheldrake effect.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow, the least we get for writing on a desk is having to erase it! I have written on desks since kindergarden and they have never even given me a detention. I have even had conversations with poepl fromn other classes on desks! This is rediculous... That is all that is, rediculous.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
were one step closer to communism

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

I WANT YOU TO DO A CALCULATION THAT AT THE PRESENT RATE OF ARRESTS AND CRIMINAL RECORDS....how long will it be before all 300 million americans have criminal records...

[edit on 7-4-2007 by esecallum]

To answer your question...probably not very long. Think about it, you can be charged with a sex crime for peeing in the woods now! There are a lot of laws that need to be re-written. Who knows where all of this is taking us!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is the stupidist thing I ever heard. Why would you get arrested for writting on a desk. I don't think it matters on which desk, it's just stupid that she got arrested.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lmao, yea that is crazy that they can do that and believe me they would do it to.
Its hard to believe that your life could be ruined, socially and economically because if your job found out you had to register as a sex offender you would lose that job.
Sorry for off topic remark but, I just had to add my thoughts on the "peeing in the woods" remark lol

edit: messed up the quote tags lol

To answer your question...probably not very long. Think about it, you can be charged with a sex crime for peeing in the woods now! There are a lot of laws that need to be re-written. Who knows where all of this is taking us!

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

new topics

top topics

join