It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Extremists, or Blasphemy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What do you think? Does this constitute as blasphemy or extremism? Please, help me understand.

Source

Source

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is:

blasphemy.

You should never mock Christ.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
kind of reminds me of what shias do in the first pic

[edit on 6-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
This is:

blasphemy.

You should never mock Christ.

Please explain how it is blasphemy. Are they not just celebrating or remembering Jesus's death?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've already explained. I said you should never mock Christ.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok, mockery. Why is it that they do this mockery? Do all christians do this?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No not all Christains do this. I don't do this.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I've already explained. I said you should never mock Christ.

how do you see it as mockery?

they would argue that they're attempting to experience the same pain as jesus as a form of prayer, how is that mockery?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Because You can never as a human experience the same kind of pain that Jesus experienced. No 2 people in the world would ever fell the same pain, even when its done upon them the same way. Jesus' pain was a spiritual pain that He took upon Himself for our sins.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Because You can never as a human experience the same kind of pain that Jesus experienced.

and why can't i?

jesus went through about 9 hours of crucifixion. the average crucifixion lasted up to 3 days.

hmm, 3 day crucifixion or 9 hour one..
i'll take the 9 hour one

No 2 people in the world would ever fell the same pain, even when its done upon them the same way. Jesus' pain was a spiritual pain that He took upon Himself for our sins.

ohhhh, that argument. see, the problem with part of that argument is that, though the pain isn't EXACTLY THE SAME, it's more about the magnitude of suffering. the second part of your argument has no logical basis to begin with, so i can't really attack it

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That looks painful. They're probably Catholics btw, this isn't unusual in some Latin american countries, where Catholicism is also drawn into indigenous beliefs. This can often be represented through self-mutilation. They claim it gives them vitality. I dunno, it's all superstition imho.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mocking CHRIST?

There will be many people who will MOCK Christ.

Expect it!!!!

Those that Revere Our Lord...will pay reverencse towards HIM.

Those that MOCK HIM should expect A LOT OF Critisism.

These are my views. IMO.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i think its extreme but not mocking christ if he existed i think hey are trying to feel the same pain as him so they can see what he went though for there sins and in a way say thank you but i must stress im not for it i think its very extreme

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
That looks painful. They're probably Catholics btw, this isn't unusual in some Latin american countries, where Catholicism is also drawn into indigenous beliefs. This can often be represented through self-mutilation. They claim it gives them vitality. I dunno, it's all superstition imho.

Latin Americas!? Were exactly is this not unusual. Please give me something for peace of mind? BTW, those people are in the Philippines.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Because You can never as a human experience the same kind of pain that Jesus experienced. No 2 people in the world would ever fell the same pain, even when its done upon them the same way. Jesus' pain was a spiritual pain that He took upon Himself for our sins.

You know how Christians claim to feel the holy spirit at one point or another? Correct me if I'm wrong. Is this not a very strong, spiritual feeling? What if someone really feels it in there heart, in their spirit that by simulating, if you will, the crucifixion of Jesus, they can feel the spiritual pain of the world, the "sins" of mankind. It seems to me that in order for some one to go through this, they must surrender themselves completely to their feelings. I believe they can feel a very power spiritual pain, augmented by the established feeling of the holy spirit's presence? Why would God deny some one so spiritual, so faithful this spiritual pain? They have surrendered.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
People often emulate those they look up to, in some cases it makes them feel closer to that person. I don't see how it could be considered mockery to try to feel a degree of what he probably felt, to share in that pain a little, it might be extreme but its more of showing that they want to try to understand what kind of pain was involved in such a thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My opinion is what I have said its mockery.

Now I know I don't like to be mock and I believe most people don't like to be mocked.

Most people will be hurt if someone they love mocks them cruelly. Like wise Jesus would also be hurt. He dosen't need us or want us or expect us to do these things. He burden is light. Not heavy.

KJV Matthew chapter 6

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew chapter 11

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have to say that I feel this is a mockery as well. This is turning the commemoration of Christ's sacrifice for the sins of man kind into a ritualistic celebration so that these people can exhault themselves in their own deeds.

Shar has given some good biblical references to explain this. Another good example of this is the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican spoken by Jesus himself in Luke 18: 9-14.

9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Both men were praying to God, but while the Pharisee (a Jewish ruler) was bragging about his own accomplishments to God, the other man was confessing his sins and asking Gods forgiveness. Jesus said that the man who left justified was the man who humbled himself, not the one who exhaulted himself.

Jesus suffered on the cross in our place, so that we would not have to suffer the consequeces of our sins. So why then would he expect or even enjoy us damaging ourselves after he had went through it for us. It's kind of like throwing his suffering right back in his face.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
how is putting 6 inch nails into your hands mockery thats a bit extreme isnt it

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
All this talk about mocking Christ and not mocking Christ. Here is some news for "Christians": You have a whole religion named after and based on mocking "Christ".

Not only is the book that is worshipped filled with contradictions, but the very attitude of such religious people divide everyone on Earth.

But wait, didn't Christ say he came to bring the sword, divide, and not unite?

Well then, seems like the worship is of Satan. To worship Christ is to worship war, division, and an intent on separating the peoples of Earth.

There is no need to worship any thing or any one when every thing is within, without, of, and around you

[edit on 8-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join