It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OReilly and Geraldo Shout It Out - See It Here!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

OReilly and Geraldo Shout It Out

www.kxmb.com

Geraldo Rivera is as wrong as wrong can be. When a crime is committed by an illegal alien in the US that’s an avoidable crime. That crime should not have happened. In this case these two teenagers would be alive if the mayor of this city had not granted sanctuary to the illegal alien criminals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/6 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
don't worry about the story link just watch this heated debate on A tragedy that occurred in Virginia Beach recently.

Video in next post.

www.kxmb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I certainly hope our New AbovePolitics - H2H debates are this Lively!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I saw it live as it happened on the Factor last night. They both completely lost it and were shouting at each other. They calmed down and still had a minute left, so they made some idle chit-chat to kill time. It was bizarre!

I thought Geraldo made the salient points, though (btw, I am not a big fan of either of these guys). If the guy hadn't been illegal, the drunk driving fatality story never would have made news on the Factor. Geraldo also said Bill was in favor of going door to door rounding up illegals, and history had shown what that can lead to (I took this as a semi-veiled allusion to Nazi Germany).

Geraldo is lucky Bill didn't throw a chair at him and break his nose again for that one.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

If the guy hadn't been illegal, the drunk driving fatality story never would have made news on the Factor.

If the illegal was deported, there wouldn't have been a tragedy.......

But let's not rehash their debate..

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The mustache speaks the truth, illegal aliens are drawn to the States with a promises of a better life. They are desperate and all they want to do is get a job and live their lives.
O’Reilly was just trying to score cheap political points, as is the norm.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make is the same one Geraldo made: Bill is cherry-picking stories to highlight the illegal immigrant issue. So much for the no-spin zone.

How many drunk driving fatalities are caused by illegals as a percentage of the total, and their percentage of the population?

I agree there is a huge illegal immigrant problem in the US. We must secure our borders and transportation corridors. I disagree with the way the Factor presented the problem last night.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Great video!
I thought they were going to come to blows!

Geraldo's right in that the story was not an "illegal aliens" story. They used that slant to make it more dramatic.

O'Reilley's right (
I can't believe I said that!
) in that the guy should have been deported the first time he was caught breaking the law while breaking the law.

I love the newshound comment at the end. "We watch Fox, so you don't have to".

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I agree that if an illegal alien is caught breaking the law, no matter what law, they should be summarily deported. The underlying issue is the fact that the individual is in the country illegally to begin with. Unfortunately, that didn't happen in this case.

BH, I think it was the other way around. Bill used the drunk driving fatalities to dramatize the illegal immigrant issue. That's what I disagree with. In effect, he's taking an orange and saying, "If this was an apple, it would be sweeter." That's true, of course, but an orange is not an apple, and it never will be.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If I had a suspended license and drove through an intersection, and an overmedicated old woman ran the red light and killed me, did you know it would be MY fault becauise I shouldn't have been on the road?

While statistics about how many fatalities in the US are caused by illegal immigrants, I did find an article that attempts to put a figure together...

American Roadkill

This frome the article, "While police do not routinely ask drivers about their immigration status, New York's Rockland County District Attorney Michael Bongiorno – who has prosecuted more than 20 felony cases this year involving people accused of both unlicensed driving and drunken driving – estimated that two-thirds of about 70 drivers charged in Spring Valley with misdemeanor counts of driving while intoxicated and unlicensed driving were illegal immigrants."

More Americans are killed by drunk illegals every year then died during 9/11.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
(
I can't believe I said that!
)

That is what makes this great viewing, you actually find yourself agreeing with some of what each one is yelling.

It reminded me of the Ali-Frazier fights, I liked the way both fighters went at it...

...I wish I knew where to find the popcorn smiley

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Heraldo made one of the most asinine comments ever:

"Illegal aliens commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens do."

Sorry Heraldo, but the very state of being an illegal immigrant makes them a de facto criminal. That equates to a one-hundred percent crime rate for illegal immigrants by reason of their entry into this country.
That puts them automatically at the top of crimes per capita in comparison to any other demographic group

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh! Passenger! That is so great!
100% Good job. I wish O'Reilly had said that. (What am I saying?)

I'm NOT becoming and O'Reilly fan! I promise!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
The mustache speaks the truth, illegal aliens are drawn to the States with a promises of a better life. They are desperate and all they want to do is get a job and live their lives.
O’Reilly was just trying to score cheap political points, as is the norm.

Dammit. I actually agree with you for a change. However, i am sure that we will disagree when I say we need a damn fence.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Dammit. I actually agree with you for a change. However, i am sure that we will disagree when I say we need a damn fence.

We do, I say we need a damn good fence

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately the numbers are not on Geraldo's side.

Information on Criminal Aliens Incarcerated in Federal and
State Prisons and Local Jails

The percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens has
remained the same over the last 3 years--about 27 percent. The majority
of criminal aliens incarcerated at the end of calendar year 2004 were
identified as citizens of Mexico.

Now it should be noted that these are criminal aliens. For this statistic they do not differentiate between legal and illegal status.

But according to the Center for Immigration Studies...

Immigrant Population at
Record High in 2004

The 34.24 million immigrants (legal and illegal) now living in the country is the highest number ever recorded in American history and a 4.3-million increase since 2000.

Of the 4.3 million growth, almost half, or 2 million, is estimated to be from illegal immigration.

11% of our population are immigrants. This in itself is something to be proud of... America is the place to be. However, they fill 27% of our prison cells. How likely is it that the majority of those cells are filled with immigrants whos first act in this country was to break the law? Considering all the coke dealing scumbag illegals I've known, I'm guessing the odds are good.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I turned off the dabate when it got out of control, but when I hit the mute button, Geraldo was making the matter one of race or ethnicity, while O'Reilly was making the matter one of legality.

O'Reilly is dead on and Geraldo is just blowing smoke.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Legality?

The fact is the US government encourages illegal immigration by not securing our borders. Geraldo was dead on about that. If we had even a semblance of adequate border control, the repeat drunk driving illegal alien who killed those two girls would never have made it to Virginia Beach.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Another problem is that the driver was recently convicted of a DUI and sentenced to 90 days in prison, but the Chesapeake, VA judge ruling on the case, suspended the 90 days and revoked the illegals fake drivers license.

Had the judge made him serve the 90 days.......

...you guessed it, he would not have killed those 2 girls.....

That is a legality that has nothing to do with his immigration status,

point blank, the man should have been in jail at the time.

That is a failure of the justice in Chesapeake.

I doubt that judge has even lost a moments sleep to this day...

[edit on 2007/4/7 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Geez, I hope EVERYBODY who comments on this thread actually watches the whole video.

I thought it was great! And Bill was on the right side without a question.

This illegal alien was picked up and arrested before for public drunkenness. (I don't know how long before). And arrested again for similar acts, and was NEVER deported!

The first crime in the US he ever committed was entering the US ILLEGALLY.

Once he was caught (due to the public intoxication charge) our legal system should have deported him right then. He already had broken the law by being in the US to begin with!

WHAT the hell!.

This just doesn't make sense to me that once somebody, who is an illegal immigrant, and makes themselves known to the government, (due to crimes or ANY other reason), isn't deported immediately, but instead is treated like a person who lives in the US legally and is treated equally, without any repercussions for the fact that they are in this country illegally and shouldn't be in the US to begin with!

I just don't get it!

I would like to see a news article where some other country was as lenient as the US is with their illegal immigrants.

[edit on 7/4/07 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join