It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former IRS Agent Scams Home Depot $330K+ Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Former tax collector charged in fraud scheme

www.reuters.com

BOSTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities charged a former employee of the national tax-collection agency with fraud Thursday, accusing him of stealing $330,000 in goods from stores and then returning them for store credit.

Prosecutors said Robert Dooley, a former Internal Revenue Service clerk, carried out the operation at Home Depot Inc.stores in nine states from 2002 through 2005.

According to papers filed in Boston federal court, Dooley preyed upon a store policy that allowed customers to return merchandise without a receipt if they showed photo identification. He would show store clerks his IRS badge and on occasion said that as an IRS employee he was "trustworthy," prosecutors alleged.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/6 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
IRS trustworthy?

Why does this NOT surprise me...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
IRA trustworthy...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Two words that should never be togather. Thefts like this seem to be pretty common unfortunatly. I dont care for the big retail stores like home depot but I like thieves even less.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just like soldiers are trained to kill, and clowns are trained to make people laugh, anyone working for the IRS is taught how to steal.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by bartholomeo]

new topics

top topics

join