It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me convince someone that time travel is real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I want some help here. This one person I know thought that the theory I have on time travel is crazy and I want some proof. If anyone could help me... I'd really like the help. So I want to know, what you think about time traveling, so that I can get some ideas to prove to him that it is possible, except it would be very hard to travel through time in one timeline without altering the past or the future.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hope this helps

[source

Is time travel possible?

John and Mary Gribbin

In one of the wildest developments in serious science for decades, researchers from California to Moscow have recently been investigating the possibility of time travel. They are not, as yet, building TARDIS lookalikes in their laboratories; but they have realised that according to the equations of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity (the best theory of time and space we have), there is nothing in the laws of physics to prevent time travel. It may be extremely difficult to put into practice; but it is not impossible.

It sounds like science fiction, but it is taken so seriously by relativists that some of them have proposed that there must be a law of nature to prevent time travel and thereby prevent paradoxes arising, even though nobody has any idea how such a law would operate. The classic paradox, of course, occurs when a person travels back in time and does something to prevent their own birth -- killing their granny as a baby, in the more gruesome example, or simply making sure their parents never get together, as in Back to the Future. It goes against commonsense, say the sceptics, so there must be a law against it. This is more or less the same argument that was used to prove that space travel is impossible.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
interesting.
I wonder who's right?Stephen Hawking,Brian Cox etc or the other less famous scientists who believe it's possible?
I hope it's impossible.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

just find something on teh interwebs...

but apparently time travel isn't possible... according to physicists in hong kong...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry and good luck !

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Now, lookee here-- time travels ain't ever gonna happen!! Why you must ask?? Cause it ain't true!

Think about it--How you gonna get your body to go anywhere buts the earth? You own a spaceship, guy?

I think you need to focus more on your schoolin and then gettin a real good job.

Big Red

new topics

top topics

join