It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE Insect found in Iraqi Desert.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
camel spiders are so cool man!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
also

1. Camel spiders top speed - 10 mph.

2. Size: Up to 6 inches

3. They have no venom.

4. They don't jump.

5. Called camel spiders because they live in the desert.

They actually aren't spiders at all, they're solpugids.. Along with spiders, they are members of the class Arachnida.

source

My friend's pet camel spider (which you can acquire in the us, and are captive pets by many arachnid collectors) jumps and kills mice with ease with a bite. It may not be poisonous but something killed that mouse. YES THEY DO JUMP, I'VE SEEN IT!! If you do not believe me then go to any bigger pet store that would carry alternative pets such as a camel spider. If they have a camel spider in stock tap on the glass decently hard and then tell me they do not jump.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was listening to Animal Planet the other day and they mentioned that Camel spiders got their name from a legend that one of them killed a Camel.

All Gods creatures have a reason for being so "Let them be".

They do have a reason for being, and its to please people. So if people want to kill em, that's their purpose for living

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I don't know what the hell this is but it looks to be real. Any ideas??

Link

they are called camel spiders. theyre called that because they get onto the belly's of camels and suck blood (or so im told). but thats two of them that are joined from fighting or something. i have already seen that on another website and that was their explanation. so im pretty sure its 2 of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
looks to me like to camel spiders, 2 spiders either joind or 1 attemtin to eat the other 1 lol... nice...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Those are "Obama Hussein Death Munchers" and millions are about to be unleashed on America as part of his evil plans.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
my moms freind had a pitbull and one em and it vwas a big sucker jumped on hes dog and killed that boy(the dog)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Camel Spiders. We used to pick them up in Saudi, rip their legs off and feed em to scorpions. The biggest one Ive ever seen was the size of my hand. They are ugly as hell and its painful when the little bastards bite.

That's sick.

I would like to see that happen to you see if it would put a little empathy in your mind.

Oh, get off your high horse. A lot of little kids torture bugs. It's really not that big of a deal. Plus, I am sure those camel spiders are a nuisance and they bite, so tear it's legs off and feed it to another animal. Seems like two creatures benefit there. Skadi_the_Evil_Elf got to have some fun tearing off bug legs, and a scorpion got to eat. I hate how many people here think they are so high and mighty because they call what others do sick.

And as for the "I would like to see that happen to you..." part. Well, really [snip] because hey, you just justified a reason to do what Skadi did.

Removed personal attack

From the Terms And Conditions Of Use]T&C's[/url]

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 2/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I can see how the photo may make it look bigger than it is. It must be closer than it appears. Ive never heard of them before and i wouldn't want to find it in my bed!

It's made to look bigger than is actually is because there are actually two spiders connected to each other. Cut that it half, and you have an average size camel spider.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join