It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 69. St. Pierre vs Serra. **Spoiler Warning**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I like both of these fighters. Serra is one of the best grapplers there is. George is the total package. Is Matt being set up for a fall? Literally? The men are equal when it comes to determination but I just can't see the "Terror" beating George. He's just too good.

Thoughts UFC fans.

Edit: Title.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
GSP is my favorite fighter. His one loss was a bogus arm bar that Matt Hughes caught him in, after GSP was knocking the snot out of him.

GSP is the most talented fighter currently in the UFC, the only way he will lose this fight is if he gets sloppy like he did in his first fight against Hughes.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
GSP is darn good. I'm looking forward to watching it (if I order it that is).

Generally, it's the one sport I watch regularly.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Other than Chuck, GSP is the best fighter at his weight class in the UFC right now. Sure, he lost to Matt Hughes, but that was a while ago and he showed how much better he is than Matt Hughes in his last fight.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have UFC 69 online streaming and have a solid connection...

I'm pulling for Diego Sanchez (Duke City homeboy) and Mike Swick,

The other fights I'm not going one way or the other... I like Matt Serra, but I don't think he has the horses to beat GSP...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kendall Grove submits Alan Belcher in the second round by choke hold (might have been a gator roll).

Yushin Okami wins by unanimous decision over Mike Swick.

Roger Huerta wins by unanimous descision over Leonard Garcia in an absolute knock down drag out battle. Epic... They're already calling for a rematch!

Josh Koscheck wins a unanimous descision over Diego Sanchez... I'm not sure how that happened... I'm still waiting for the fight to start (three rounds of nothing, one brief take down at the end of the first, the rest of the time they circled each other).

OMG!

After that three round abortion, we have a absolute fire fight with Matt Serra winning by TKO (stoppage on punches) over Georges St-Pierre in the first round!

Awesome.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Mirthful Me thanks for the updates.... cant wait to hear the results on the Sanchez fight and the GSP fight

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Sanchez fight suuuuuucked. It was literally 3 rounds of nothing. Sanchez threw about 4 punches and didnt connect with one, he didnt even try to take Kos down! NOTHING HAPPENED! But Serra got GSP pretty good. I Finally realized that UFC is completely unpredictable, ill never bet on any fight. Except Cro-Cop and Coulture, because i cant see Coulture winning that one.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
wow! I'm not surprised lol...... It's all skill, luck and doing your homework in the ufc.... Cro-Cop though??? scarry....

[edit on 8-4-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The Sanchez fight suuuuuucked. It was literally 3 rounds of nothing. Sanchez threw about 4 punches and didnt connect with one, he didnt even try to take Kos down! NOTHING HAPPENED!

Normally a fight like Sanchez vs Koscheck would get quite a bit of replay on Spike, probably in full form... They can't even show highlights... There weren't any.

Kos only did slightly more than Sanchez... Any rematch better be with no time limits... Otherwise these guys would just dance through three more rounds.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I couldnt believe that Serra won by TKO, but I dont think hell hold on to the title very long. I did enjoy Yushin Okami beating Swick, I hope he beats Franklin too.

top topics

join