It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portugese UFO footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is an interesting one.
The footage is at 03:41 and the UFO seems to eject another object.
www.youtube.com...
Theres also an interesting photograph at 4:02
Cheers Karl

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'd go with balloon with a road flare attached, and the spot you see leaving the glowing object is molten sulfer from the flare dropping while still on fire, then burning out.

Just a guess as I don't speak Portugese.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Portugal has had some interesting cases over the years, especially in the 1970s and 1980s.

It's common to find people in Portugal that has seen an UFO (OVNI) and we do not have (much) that idea that if someone says he/she has seen a UFO then he/she must be crazy or something like that.

Unfortunately, and as far as I know, there is no official investigation.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Artmap, I lived in Portugal for a few years (Boliqueme) and the people were great,many took the OVNI phenomenon seriously and have an open minded approach to the subject.
I was told the area around Fatima and the Alentejo are apparently a UFO hotspots with a long history of sightings.
Obregado Karl

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes it does doesn't it? This is similar to one seen in Gulf Breeze Florida in the 1991 or 1995 flap where a woman claims something similar and there was video which looked very close to what happens at the 3:41 time mark... I'll look around and see if I can find the title of the documentary it was featured in. In her sighting she claimed it seemed the object released/ejected the second object as if it was on a spring - but the video similarity is striking.

I also found the "thing" at the 3:50 time point very unusual too. Something new everyday... That was well worth watching thanx, I wish I could falamos Portugese... oh well.

Vic

Ahahh! I found the clip! It was on Unexplained Mysteries - UFO Best Evidence Part 1 a Google Video link.
At or about the 4:10 time point the Boots Eckert sighting is shown and is very similar.

Vic

[edit on 5-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
I'd go with balloon with a road flare attached, and the spot you see leaving the glowing object is molten sulfer from the flare dropping while still on fire, then burning out.

Just a guess as I don't speak Portugese.

They just say that there is no know explanation for that case, while the image shown before was just a bird.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Portugal has had some interesting cases over the years, especially in the 1970s and 1980s.

This incident sounds quite interesting -kind seem to find much on it though:

"We've got no conclusions, except after this, do not give us the old routine of Venus, weather balloons, aircraft and the like which has been given as a general panacea for almost every case of UFOs."

Captain Jose Lemos Ferreira, with Sergeants Alberto Covas, Salvador Oliviera, and Manuel Marcilino, after an alleged encounter with a UFO on a flight out of Ota Air Base, Portugal

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey guys Ive been using this site for quite a bit but I needed to get this picture out so some of you can help me find out what this isl. My Girlfirends coworker took this picture when she was on vacation or something. Ill get more info on where it was shot but to the right of the mans head theres something.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Artmap, I lived in Portugal for a few years (Boliqueme) and the people were great,many took the OVNI phenomenon seriously and have an open minded approach to the subject.
I was told the area around Fatima and the Alentejo are apparently a UFO hotspots with a long history of sightings.
Obregado Karl

Sorry for the off-topic post, Karl. But I've gotta tell ya', I am quite entertained by how many times you have called poor ArMaP, Artmap. Ha!

I could almost make a cut and paste thread on that little quirk alone.

yes I am OCD. So bad that I think it should be CDO so that it is in alphabetical order! S+F'd by the way for the nice OVNI find. High Strangeness in Portugal. I had no idea.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xvkoshvx

In all honesty. And I blew it up and really, really looked.

I think it's the hind end of a passing bumblebee and it's closer to the camera than the man in the hayride trailer. You can see a body and it's wings on either side of it's upper body.

Just my opinion.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xvkoshvx
Hey guys Ive been using this site for quite a bit but I needed to get this picture out so some of you can help me find out what this isl. My Girlfirends coworker took this picture when she was on vacation or something. Ill get more info on where it was shot but to the right of the mans head theres something.

Please feel free to start your own topic specific thread on this photo, buddy. That way you don't risk highjacking this nice OP's thread with your topic.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
Sorry for the off-topic post, Karl. But I've gotta tell ya', I am quite entertained by how many times you have called poor ArMaP, Artmap. Ha!

A ha yes Erik -this thread is many moons old (I'm now aware of my mistake).

As for the footage with one flying object ejecting another one - haven't got the foggiest what that is.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

A ha yes Erik -this thread is many moons old (I'm now aware of my mistake).

As for the footage with one flying object ejecting another one - haven't got the foggiest what that is.

Cheers.

I haven't a clue. I can tell you what this reminds me of though. There was a case about 40 years ago, I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure you can Google it or find it on UFO Evidence, where some fishermen on a boat in Puget Sound in Washington State saw some sort of strange craft that had debris or slag (hot, molten material) coming off of it and some of that slag actually fell on one of the fisherman who was badly burned by it.

Slag? Hot debris coming off of the hull after a landing like as in molten dirt or earth of some sort being shed off of the bottom of the craft? That's my best guess. Anybody report seeing this thing on the ground nearby? A separate report maybe?

I'm clueless.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Unfortunately, and as far as I know, there is no official investigation.

Because of work related issues I from time to time travel to and work in Portugal. I was extremely surprised to find that many people I worked with had sightings of their own and had no problems in telling me them, always in a very serious manner.

I then requested the help of a Portuguese co-worker to contact the Portuguese Air Force regarding the UFO phenomenon and ask if there was any investigation or sightings archive.

Here is the response my friend received. Below the original mail I include the translation made by my co-work.

Exma. Sra. XXXXXXX

Acusamos a recepção do seu e-mail datado de 07 de Maio e comunicamos que a FAP não tem nenhum Programa de Estudo/Investigação deste tipo de fenómenos.

Relativamente às questões colocadas, a FAP não possui nenhum arquivo de observações, pelo que não há nada para revelar ou para publicar.

O objectivo da FAP é a defesa do pais, quando este factor está assegurado os registos dos sistemas de alerta e aviso antecipado da FAP são arquivados.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,
As Relações Públicas da Força Aérea Portuguesa

English translation

Dear Ms. XXXXXXX

We acknowledge the reception of your e-mail dated May 7th and communicate that FAP (Portuguese Air Force) doesn't have any Research/Investigation Program of these kind of phenomena.

Regarding your questions, FAP doesn't have any sightings archive, as there is nothing to reveal or publish.

FAP's objective is the country's defense, when this factor is assured the records of the FAP's alert and early warning systems are archived.

Best regards,
Portuguese Air Force Public Relations

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Converge -good stuff.

Heres an interesting newspaper article from the Algarve Resident:

Mysterious Lights In Algarve Skies

An unidentified Flying Object (UFO) was spotted in the Algarve over the weekend, no less than three times in one night.

Miguel Horta and Noel Rodrigues, two friends and residents of Altura in Castro Marim, claim to have spotted a rotating object emanating blue and red light over their backgardens.

"It was travelling at a great speed and then suddenly slowed down and hovered. It emanated red and blue light as it rotated" he said.

Earlier that evening his friend Noel, a lifeguard from the same area, had shown him a picture of a strange object he had seen from his balcony. Miguel immediately called Noel to describe what he had just seen. Intrigued by their sightings, Noel decided to stay up into the early hours of the night, hoping to get a photo of the mysterious object. At 2am the lights appeared again and Noel captured an image of an object that looks eerily similar to what is now termed a flying saucer.

An hour and 45 minutes later, it appeared for a third time to the amazement of Noel, who later showed his photos to Miguel. "We both knew that what we saw was a foreign and strange object" he stated.

The sighting is the second in the Algarve in the past three months. In September, a holiday maker registered several sightings from September 8 until September 15, while staying at the Vale do Lobo resort.

The Resident, of Lagoa, Algarve, Portugal, on November 16, 2006.

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I then requested the help of a Portuguese co-worker to contact the Portuguese Air Force regarding the UFO phenomenon and ask if there was any investigation or sightings archive.

There is a twist to the whole subject.

Pilots must report any sighting occured in Portuguese/European air space.

Any UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) is assumed to be a hazard to aviation safety, and thus, must be reported so the authorities can investigate.

The problem is, that in Portugal, within my knowledge, the UFO phenomena isn't very relevant like in other countries, nor it has any situation where it was a danger for military/civil safety.

Since the phenomena is very rare, I assume that a "acting protocol" was never elaborated, and the ones that exist, belong to the ex-JAA (now EASA). The same logic applies to the existance of a archive.

I'll ask around to see if anybody knows of a civil aviation archive.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Im afraid to say, but that idiotic case, that even had some mobile phone video footage, was merely a couple of imbeciles who wished to appear on national TV (succesfully I might add). So they filmed a ufo shaped toy in their backyard, got the attention of the SIC tv network, who interviewed them, and showed the footage on prime time.

Around that time there was another moron who took a shot of a dimly lit publicity placard in a beach with his cell phone, then stated he had taken a photo of a square ufo.

Interestingly enough, these ridiculous "cases" often get prime time tv, interviews, the works, but the really interesting cases are absolutely invisible to the media.

Sigh.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Rikhart]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
Pilots must report any sighting occured in Portuguese/European air space.

To whom do they have to report? What entity? Maybe that could help us identify where the reports go, and possibly get archived.

I'll ask around to see if anybody knows of a civil aviation archive.

That would be very interesting. Keep us updated, thank you

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

We have to report them to our flight officer, which then goes to the major offices in the airline company, with knowledge of the several security agencies that may have interest in that.

But again, they are so rare in Portugal, that I don't know if a protocol exists.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
But again, they are so rare in Portugal, that I don't know if a protocol exists.

I'm not sure we have any real way of knowing that. Maybe it's just as frequent as anywhere else, in some other places (US, UK, South America, etc) the cases just get more publicity and public interest.

new topics

top topics

join