It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN tells of possible pole shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It would suck really bad if it was to happen.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Aliceinwonderland]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Slight chance of flipping magnetic poles

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a title and some comment from yourself might be useful to this thread.

just a thought.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
LOL!

What have I been saying!

Just love it.

They know it is happening now they have to acclimitize the public to this eventual event.

good work ATS our efforts help to force their hands.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
what exactly does this mean? what would happen?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
well, for one, your compass wouldnt work anymore..

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It would only not work during the flip. Then it work again...in reverse.

Oh, and then whatever happens from the fact that the fields are not around us during the flip.

The best thing would be if the flip is instantaneous...that's what I'm banking on. lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Flips happen and have happened in the past. They dont occur often at all, but eventually the poles will be flipped again. I seriously doubt it will be of any signifigance outside of navigational ideas.

"Experts at the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco say the field has declined 10 percent in the last 150 years, and suggest a reversal could lead to problems in navigation and a jump in cancer rates with a diminished ozone layer."

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Of course if it doesnt flip, and just fades...

Isnt that a theory on how the solar wind blew away the Mars atmosphere, due to a weak magnetic field?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There will be significant effect. That could be a large thread in itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
im betting all of us would be died before this happens

i saw a show on discovery that talked about this... they found proof that it fliped sevral times in a sandbed so, i dont think it would kill us

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"If a flip did take place, it would be over the course of several thousand years, and scientists say it would likely reduce the protective ozone layer, cause glitches in satellites and electronic products, and create a flurry of navigational anomalies as compasses would "cease to be a simple means of navigation," according to Bloxham. "

WND 12, DECEMBER

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm wondering if some of these quake swarms or large ammounts of quakes all in one area might have been caused by the magnetic field spliting off into several smaller poles like they showed on the Nova special. As the field starts to reform in these other areas it causes stress shifting.

Also the chemtrail clouds... are they protectiog us from the field weakness,helping keep it in place or covering up tears in the protective field?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Obviously if there was a high possibility of a pole shift happening in the near future, CNN wouldn't want to create massive panic and total chaos by doing a BREAKING NEWS! skit on it.

Makes one wonder why CNN puts so much emphasis that the possibility of a pole shift is rare, or unlikely. But if it is so rare why mention it at all?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
"If a flip did take place, it would be over the course of several thousand years, and scientists say it would likely reduce the protective ozone layer, cause glitches in satellites and electronic products, and create a flurry of navigational anomalies as compasses would "cease to be a simple means of navigation," according to Bloxham. "

WND 12, DECEMBER

The Nova special showed the field shifted several times in one day by compairing the crystal structure of cooling magma. As it cools the structure lines up with the field. At one point it shows massive shifting back and forth in one day.

If the field shifted that fast it would cause sparks to fly off in the sky as fortold in the bible. The fields would buck each other and induce an electrical current.

This last quake in Kalifornia they said caused a shift of one foot someware.

Read the book of revelations where it says the stars seem to fall from the sky. The earth's crust will slide while the core changes position. This is what will happen as is fortold.

This is from wrightworld.net...

The increasing earthquake and volcanic activity around the planet, is a sign that the pole-shift is very soon to happen. But as I have stated in previous commentary, the pole-shift cannot happen until the city of Jerusalem in Palestine has been first desolated by warfare, as described by Jesus and Daniel the Prophet. This being so, and with the rise in the earthquake and volcanic activity, we can expect to see events in the Middle East reach their inevitable conclusion, with the abomination of desolation occurring just prior (even at the door) to the pole-shift and arrival of the Kingdom of God. Therefore, we can expect to see a corresponding rise in hostilities as they relate to the Middle East, and in particular Palestine and Jerusalem. It is difficult to predict what series of events in the Middle East will lead to the desolation of Jerusalem by warfare, but those events must be shaping up now even as I speak. Just how God will bring about the fulfillment of this final Biblical Prophecy before the end remains to be seen, but no matter how it comes about, it will happen just as Jesus foretold in Luke 21: 20-28. Watch Jerusalem because the abomination of desolation is very close at hand, and when we witness the fulfillment of this prophecy, the pole-shift will occur very soon thereafter, followed by the arrival of the Kingdom of God.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh I see,

the 'flip' that science ignored and laughed at,

now they say 'they know how long it will take.'

yeah right!

don't lie when you are ignorant.

no one likes a cocky fool.

scientists haven't a friggin idea how long it takes.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
scientists haven't a friggin idea how long it takes.

And what makes you so sure about that? Why would you happen to know that better that scientists with years and years of training and experience with them?

Indeed, no one likes a cocky fool

top topics

join