It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights as 'Test' for 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First off, my apologies for not knowing which forum to post this in, 9/11 or UFO, I think it goes best as a conspiracy post.
I have read certain theories that the Phoenix Lights sighting might have actually been a government-developed black project, perhaps a ‘stealth blimp’ as some have guessed, or something along those lines. Some have argued against this, stating that it would not make any sense to test such a blimp over a major metropolitan area. Why would the government (or shadow government) do such a thing?

Here’s possibly why: to test their control of the media, evidence and public opinion.

On the one hand: with the proliferation of video, file sharing and independent media outlets (web), how successful could our shadow government be at covering up in this new age of technology? Previously, they have been (very) successfully covering up the JFK assassination. But as technology increased, they lost their tight grip. Examples include TWA flight 800, CIA involvement with drug dealing in LA, the reality of the Iraq war, etc. Was the tech revolution eroding their control of mass media and public opinion? How far had it gone?

On the other hand: they have been successful in consolidating the major media outlets, media content over airwaves remains in the tight control of the few, and TV, Newspapers censorship is alive and well. Was this level of control enough to cover a major ‘operation’(such as to bring down the twin towers) while remaining in complete control? They needed to find out. They needed a major happening first to gauge their effectiveness in stopping the evidence, swaying public opinion and curbing media investigations. When they decided to ‘go’ with 9/11 (as an inside job), how could they judge whether they could control the investigations in this fast changing technological world? The Phoenix Lights could be a test of this magnitude. If they could keep this under wraps, perhaps they could be successful at pulling off the destruction of the WTC.

It’s a theory. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edwardthe8th
It’s a theory. What do you think?

While I have an open mind on the actual lights and the eyewitnesses that saw something, your theory to me is more of a stretch than I can conceive. First off, there was a different President from a different Policital Party in office. Unless everyone is "IN" on "IT", that alone makes it very implausible.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Pardon me for questioning the above post,

Different political parties???Different president? Come on you cant be serious.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Pardon me for questioning the above post,

Different political parties???Different president? Come on you cant be serious.

Serious as a heart attack.

1997 President Clinton- Democrat

2001 President Bush - Republican

You are hearby pardoned.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I realize that it is a pretty big stretch, but on the other hand, if 9/11 were an inside job, I would assume that they would not just pull the trigger on it. They would have to be fairly certain with some degree of reliability that the operation could be sold. I wonder how they would do something like that. Computer models and analysis only go so far, you would need a test in a real-world scenario. If not the Phoenix Lights, then something like it—again, assuming that 9/11 was an inside job.

I consider myself computer savvy and have used all the tools at my disposal, and I’m not really sure about the truth of 9/11. If it was an inside job, I guess that their methodology of covering it up is working!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The only way that the lights could have been a test for 9/11/01 is if a bunch of muslim extremists launched their own stealth blimp and set it off over Arizona.

Then the muslim terrorists would have had to controlled the media.

Then the muslim terror-crats would have....well you get the point!

It was not a test for 9/11 because muslim terrorists carried out 9/11/01.

There is the simple truth for you.

Remember not everything is a conspiracy, not every closet has a boogey man, not every piece of rope is a noose.

Sometimes an apple is just an apple.

I am glad was able to enlighten you a bit.

Class is now dimissed, you may run along now. Thanks for playing.

M.Agenda!

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Midwest Agenda]

new topics

top topics

join