It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Protestor Raped and Killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
I have already expressed my opinion on the title of the thread. I am not trying to spread anything. If I were trying to spread it, why would I post wanting a source? That makes no sense.

Yep.. ignoring for a second all the people who have only read the title of the thread which states it as fact when it isn't.

I was making a point about alleged treatment of women in that part of the world.

..but it hasn't even been alleged. At the moment it's hearsay.. and now you are saying that your intention was to highlight the plight of women in the part of the world.. when there is no proof this crime even happened. I'm sure there are plenty of real human rights violations that could be used as examples instead. If you were really interested in finding out if it were true.. why didn't you be more specific about where you heared it instead of skimming over that and asking what people's reactions should be? What radio station did you hear it on? That would be a more logical step than basing a arguments on hypatheticals. I'm not having a go at you presonally.. I just think ATS has a certain standard that needs to be maintained.

I said above that I agree.

Further, the claim that I was mixing fact with hearsay is not true.

..again.. the thread title is missleading.

I made no claims as to facts. A reasonable person reading the thread would not take away truth from it.

Even though you wanted to discuss what should happen to the perpetrators?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by riley]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Frankly, I feel as though it is a bunch of personal attacks. No one has talked about whether the article is true or not since the like 10th post. Some have unfairly attacked Muslims, and others have claimed that the thread is insidious. I'm stuck in the middle thinking that I have pissed off everyone in ATS, when that wasn't my intention.

I was trying to ask a question, and yes, I screwed up my language, and now I have everyone insinuating that I'm responsible for stoking hatred of Muslims! How much does that hurt, when I have spent months saying that Muslims aren't bad people?

I don't want people to get hurt or be unfairly persecuted, but that's what all the posters here have made me feel like I negligently did. And maybe I did. So if everyone was trying to make me feel bad about it, congratulations, you won. And I'll be more careful in the future.

This is my final word on the subject. Let's go find something more interesting to discuss.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i dont see what the fuss is about. In the OP he said IF this is true what should be the reaction. Some of you are makig a big deal about the title being a statement. The title is just that, a title, normal people read the rest of the story and dont make assumptions just based on the tittle. I dont see why everyone is attacking the OP. ANYWAYS, i have not heard about the story but i try to look for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
i dont see what the fuss is about. In the OP he said IF this is true what should be the reaction. Some of you are makig a big deal about the title being a statement.

That was me.. and it's a valid point as the forum says 'current events'. I tried being diplomatic about it.. I even asked what radio station it was.. you know.. to try find some evidence so we could discuss actual facts and not hearsay but instead of discussing this option it was immediately deemed as a personal attack. It was an over-reaction from my persepective and now I have to defend myself when I was quite willing to let this thread be. Perhaps he could ask the mods to edit the title or something.

The title is just that, a title, normal people read the rest of the story and dont make assumptions just based on the tittle.

Nice.. so people who disagree with discussing what if hypatheticals are abnormal..? :shk: Are personal attacks easier from a higher moral ground?

I dont see why everyone is attacking the OP.

Are we? Show me where I have personally attacked him are not his argument and feel free to make a complaint.

Again.. [and please understand that this is not an attack but an explanation] I'm going to try let this thread be [unless I have to defend myself again]. Judging from his last reply to me where he briefs me on accusations of being anti-muslim [I have no idea what he's on about] the poster obviously has a 'history' with other posters and I'm not interested in being dragged into dramas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join