It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a MCI (Mass casualties incident)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I' m alway's wondered since i worked in an Emergency services and after 9/11 incident if i will be able to survive a MCI.

First MCI could be anything, natural disaster, CBRN incident (Chemical, biological,radiologic and nuclear) Riot, Cataclysm.

I know that i have a strong interior voice... As a Paramedic it's save me in a couple of incident that happens through a couple of incident.

I'm wondering, please answer,

-Do you think you are able to survive in a MCI?
-Do you have the knowledge to escape an incident?
-What will be the things you are going to bring with you?
-Is your town have an emergency scenario ready?
-Please give me your MCI worst case scenario and what you will do to survive..

Also, if you know if there is any kind of training that could be given for Emergency personnal for Crisis situation and MCI please tell me.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre
I' m alway's wondered since i worked in an Emergency services and after 9/11 incident if i will be able to survive a MCI.

I think you will find that most of the Folks on here will. After all weve made survival and prepairdness a way of life.

First MCI could be anything, natural disaster, CBRN incident (Chemical, biological,radiologic and nuclear) Riot, Cataclysm.

I know that i have a strong interior voice... As a Paramedic it's save me in a couple of incident that happens through a couple of incident.

I think most of us have that little voice.

yes
yes
Coffee and BOB
yes
Worst case is running out of coffee

Also, if you know if there is any kind of training that could be given for Emergency personnal for Crisis situation and MCI please tell me.

Best training I ever had was training and working on mission K9 S&R. Survival and prepairdness is a big part of that.

(ugh I hate spelling)

[edit on 6-4-2007 by angryamerican]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yep. Assuming I'm not killed as a direct result of the MCI, I believed I've got a strong chance of survival.

I've got the knowledge to escape many incidents, but there will always be situations for which I am unprepared. However, I do my best to learn new skills each day.

In most scenarios, my house is going to be the optimal place to stay in the short run. Provided it's not, the wife and I each have a Bob prepared, a rendez-vous point to meet at, and two different rural locations with farmland to meet with friends and family at.

Dunno. Katrina taught me not to rely on the government for my survival in the event of Situation X.

If you read Categories and Classes of Situation X, it'll explain several different levels and types of MC events. The worst being a Class 5, end-life event, where the death toll is measured in % of life on Earth, because the cross-species death toll will be too staggering to ever be able to count by the survivors, assuming any human survivors.

Almost every thread in this particular forum has extremely valuable information to be gleaned. I'd recommend flipping through some old threads on here and seeing what catches your fancy. Since we all live in different climates, locations, geographies, etc, a lot of your survival skills and equipment will be contextual.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

-Yes
-Yes

-I will not be going anywhere. I live far away from any city. If you do have to leave I would suggest locating to a place where you can set up a base camp of sorts. Bring as many supplies as you can without over-burdening yourself...especially if you plan on hiking out.

-No. Every person for themselves for the most part.

-I think the worst would be an outbreak of disease. People in big cities would pretty much be screwed. Of course the panic that would follow would more than likely be worse.

As far as training goes, books harbor an immense wealth of knowledge. Get your nose in the books and then go out and practice. Learn to hunt and fish if you don't know how to already. Start a home garden to get the feel for feeding yourself. Go out on weekends with no food and limited supplies. Take a tent, sleeping bag, rifle + ammo, water, and a way to make fire. Start from there and see how you fare. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes, I think I would...gonna test it this summer with a survival camping trip!

Once again yes.

I would leave my house as I know live in a small town and even the panic and chaos here would be a lot to handle. I would bring my basic survival pack. It contains a few MREs, several fire building methods, a compas and map, a sewing kit, first aid kit..not just bandaids but methods for treating real wounds, a space blanket, a hatchet, a few plastic bags and a tarp.

Worst case senario.....how far fatched do I want to go.... alien invasion, they come in and start destroying cities, release diseases they have cures to and all around chaos insues...oh, and the dead rise as zombies! No I dont think it will happen, but worst case! Probable senarios include attack by a foreign and or domestic government, collape of current money system, widespreak computer virus that causes shutdown..everything is computer run etc. No iI dont think those will happen either...well, the money one might, but its better to be prepared.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well to address my ability to survive first:
1:YES
2:YES
3:Medkit, rifle, ammo, and my "on the run" food supply (I have to keep it simple because of where I live)
4:HECK NO! I doubt half would survive if they were the luckiest SOB's on the planet!
5:Worst case scenario: the MCI is caused by an enemy army, then I have to shoot my way out or knife my way out without being noticed. That or being blown to bits in the innitial attack... OR left semi-alive... As in I lost my legs and arms but am still kicking till I get bayoneted by some prick. I wonder if I can fire a gun with my toung... (sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

-Almost certainly

-Probably

-I keep my issue bergan (rucksack) & webbing filled with enough kit to last me a couple of days in case of short-notice call out. It has 48hrs emergency rations, 3L camelbak, 2x 1L water bottles, metal mug, Basha, Bivi bag, sleeping bag, 1x set spare clothes, leatherman supertool, survival knife, 2x lighters, hexi burner & blocks... and so on. I know I can survive with this kit for an indefinate amount of time if required. From experience I can cover at least 20 miles per day with this on my back.
Apart from this I'd probably grab my Shotgun and a couple boxes of 12ga. for hunting, self defence etc.

-Yes, Belfast has a long history of serious trouble. If anyone can cope, we can.

-Nuclear attack. Makes a lot of the methods for self sufficiency unworkable due to fallout. The only real survival method (assuming you survive the initial strike) is to get away from the area as quickly as possible.

new topics

top topics

join