It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair suspects Iran's hand in Iraq attacks - That was quick!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
link

Tony Blair today warned that "elements of the Iranian regime" were arming insurgents in Iraq after it was confirmed four British troops were killed in Basra last night.
As the BA flight carrying the 15 Royal Navy personnel freed by Iran yesterday landed at Heathrow, Mr Blair emerged from No 10 and welcomed their return but said it came as "grieving" began over the four fatalities in Basra.

The British troops were killed at around 2am local time by a roadside bomb attack that had targeted their Warrior armoured vehicle patrol in an area west of Basra city. A civilian Kuwaiti translator was also killed in the attack and a fifth British soldier was left seriously injured.

Wow, the hostages havent even had time to eat a decent meal back in England, and we're already jumping on the 'Iran's a bad country' bandwagon.

They just released your hostages, and you immediately go on the offensive again?

Whats up with that Blair?

Has the someone forced you to? being the prime reason for action has just been resolved?
We cant forget how evil those Iranians are can we!

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe because Iran is instigating the ongoing violence in Iraq.

Just because the hostages are now free does not mean we should over look what Iran is doing.

Iran is supplying munitions to Iraq.... Iran is supplying training to those Muslim extremists who seek violence and turmoil in Iraq....

Those are just a couple of the reasons, not to mention the nuclear missile ambitions Iran has….Shall I go on??

For the moment the proxy war continues, however I say we are still on course for a direct war with Iran in the coming weeks.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Just because the hostages are now free does not mean we should over look what Iran is doing.

Iran is supplying munitions to Iraq.... Iran is supplying training to those Muslim extremists who seek violence and turmoil in Iraq....

Please dont, i get sick of listening to your gullability when no proof has yet been determined.

nuclear weapons? prove it.
supply weapons and training? prove it.

Word of warning, dont fall for all the bs propoganda like everyone did for Iraq.
you'd look pretty dumb in teh end.

In regards to Iran, I mean jee's, they just released your men on good faith.
And you immediately jump to aggrevate the magain, when still there's no proof?

The least blair could of done, was accept the Iranians made a step on their behalf to peace. How about you invstigate everything then talk to them about it.
Instead of rag tag accusation straight away.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Iran didn't release the brits on good faith..........Iran had kidnapped them and they were hostages. Since Iran is not 'at war' with Britian or the US (yet....) they did the only thing they could to get out of a bad situation. I like the way you buy into Iran's proproganda........

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Please dont, i get sick of listening to your gullability when no proof has yet been determined.

Word of warning, dont fall for all the bs propoganda like everyone did for Iraq.

The least blair could of done, was accept the Iranians made a step on their behalf to peace. How about you invstigate everything then talk to them about it.

Agit8dchop, you make the British government out to be weak on one thread and say they are being aggressive on another, make your mind up?

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Steel Penguin]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You say please don't?

This is your post. and you are the one who is gullable if you believe anything other than what the evidence is.

Iranian weapons 'found in Iraq'

'Iran link' to violence in Basra

Iran arming Iraq rebels - Army head

Insurgents attacking British troops in southern Iraq are being funded and armed by Iran, a senior Army officer has claimed.

Lt Col Justin Maciejewski told the BBC that he had no "smoking gun" to prove Iranian interference in Basra, where UK troops come under regular mortar and rocket attack.

But he said local community leaders informed him that Iranian agents were paying local men 500 US dollars a month to carry out attacks and providing them with sophisticated modern weapons.

Lt Col Maciejewski, the commanding officer at the UK base at Basra Palace, said he had no reason to disbelieve the reports.

You haven't been following the news very closely have you.

Q&A: Iran and the nuclear issue

Why is the West so worried?

Western powers fear that Iran secretly wants to develop either a nuclear bomb or the ability to make one, even if it has not decided to build one right now. So they want Iran to stop any enrichment. The same technology used for producing fuel for nuclear power can be used for producing fuel for a nuclear explosion.

The West says that Iran cannot be trusted because it long hid an enrichment programme.

Word of Warning?? That sounds very typical of what I consider to be the oppositions attitude... Just sho are you to warn anyone about anything??

And just to clarify.. I totally supported the decision to go to war in Iran and Afghanistan, and I still do.

In regards to Iran, I mean jee's, they just released your men on good faith. And you immediately jump to aggrevate the magain, when still there's no proof?

Release our men out of good faith.......?????

So if a bank robber were to give up the loot it makes everything alright does it??

The least Blair could of done, was accept the Iranians made a step on their behalf to peace.

That’s the funniest thing I've heard all day. You think Iran acted in a peaceful manor???

I feel you are taking this situation at face value. This is far deeper than that.

Not Rag Tag at all... it's substantiated... please review links above.

I realise you and I will never see eye to eye... your signature sums up your beliefs and I have to say I find it very offensive, and I'm sure I am not alone.

I’m not sure how old you are Agit8dChop but I'm willing to bet it's under 20 years as I feel you are a little naive. You have a lot to learn.

Post meant with the best intentions.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
GOOD FAITH? G O O D F A I T H ?

What are you thinking my good man?

They were kidnapped by iran - GOOD FAITH?

They were paraded in front of a camera by iran - GOOD FAITH?

They were forced by iran to admit to something they didn't do - GOOD FAITH?

Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype!

The hype = iranian propaganda

The hype = hostages ( there good at that by now ) - iranian nuclear weapon ambitions - arming the Iraqis - demanding Israel be wiped off the map - denying the holocaust

Do you need more. I feel sorry for you my obviously young and naive friend as you have purchased the hype lock, stock and barrel.

Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype! - Don't buy the hype!

M.Agenda!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Jee's man you proved my point.
I asked for proof
and you gave me

'' no solid evidence ''
'' western nations FEAR nuclear... ''

again, there's no proof.
Its like the wmd's and Iraq.

You really are taking everyword the west says to be gospel again.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steel Penguin
Agit8dchop, you make the British government out to be weak on one thread and say they are being aggressive on another, make your mind up?
[edit on 5-4-2007 by Steel Penguin]

No, they arent weak. They did the only thing they could.
It appears weak,but they have to follow the rules, which unfortunately are weak.

Agressive?
I dont call them accusing Iran aggresive, I call it stupid.

They showed good will by releasing the british, and immediately your on the offensive agian, when there's STILL no proof of Iranian involvment.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Iran didn't release the brits on good faith..........Iran had kidnapped them and they were hostages. Since Iran is not 'at war' with Britian or the US (yet....) they did the only thing they could to get out of a bad situation. I like the way you buy into Iran's proproganda........

Again, no one can prove where they were.
Yo ucant see they were kidnapped, the same way I cant say they were detained becuase both sides havent given a concrete argument for their case.

Im not buying into Either's propoganda. Im sure that Iran are mucking about in Iraq, but we cannot go accusing them of this that and the otehr until we have proof.

The last time we went around accusing nations without proof we ended up in this crap fight we're in now.
People said

never again should we be so mistaken with intellegence, but we are doing it again.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda

The hype = hostages ( there good at that by now ) - iranian nuclear weapon ambitions - arming the Iraqis - demanding Israel be wiped off the map - denying the holocaust

Do you need more. I feel sorry for you my obviously young and naive friend as you have purchased the hype lock, stock and barrel.

M.Agenda!

For christ sakes..
Show me proof of weapons.
Im not saying they are angels, but we cant go around accusing and starting wars without EVIDENCE!

Its like most people have forgotten the basics here.

Why is the british admission guilt horse crap, when we can do it at gitmo and call it legit?

Its a total farse, the whole system that people seem to be running on at the moment.

Im sure Iran are dabbling in Irq, but if they were we'd have PROOF!
I mean we are mucking about in IRAN with terrorists cells, why is it ok for us but not for them?

this isnt even our part of the planet for christ sakes, they have more reason to be in Iraq than we do.

Atelast they are HELPING iraq's remove the occupier.

Iran are a bad country that need to be bought down a peg or two, but dont go around shooting your mouth of being a stage piece for the coalition.
HAsnt anyone learnt anything from Iraq?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda

M.Agenda!

For christ sakes..
Show me proof of weapons.
Im not saying they are angels, but we cant go around accusing and starting wars without EVIDENCE!

Its like most people have forgotten the basics here.

Why is the british admission guilt horse crap, when we can do it at gitmo and call it legit?

Its a total farse, the whole system that people seem to be running on at the moment.

Im sure Iran are dabbling in Irq, but if they were we'd have PROOF!
I mean we are mucking about in IRAN with terrorists cells, why is it ok for us but not for them?

this isnt even our part of the planet for christ sakes, they have more reason to be in Iraq than we do.

Atelast they are HELPING iraq's remove the occupier.

Iran are a bad country that need to be bought down a peg or two, but dont go around shooting your mouth of being a stage piece for the coalition.
HAsnt anyone learnt anything from Iraq?

WE CANNOT GO AROUND USING LAWS WHEN THEY SUIT US. WE CANNOT GO AROUND DOING AS WE PLEASE, FORCING OUR WAY ON PEOPLE. WE CANNOT GO AROUND CHOOSING WHEN TO OBEY INTERNATIONAL OBLIGATIONS and CHOOSING NOT TOO

You know WHY the whole muslim sect decided to hate the west?

Because they say we lost all our morals as human beings.

How in gods good name, is invading and slaughtering Iraqis going to get them on our side?

IF anyone believes for a second, hitting Irans nuclear sites, or continuing this illegial occupation of Iraq is going to turn the muslims into our way of life,your severly misguided, and very very gullable.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
you really are unbelievable.

There is no proof anyone on this site. That is why there is hundreds of different theories on individual events in world history, because there is no concrete, dead certain proof on any of it, and yet you choose to believe what you wish, just because it fits your agenda. That is no different to what the 'brainwashed' sheep in the West are doing.

Why is it so hard to believe that the Iranians are fighting a proxy war? Afterall, the West has done it (US/UK/France/Germany/Australia) in the past. The Pakistanis do it, the Indians do it, the Russians do it, the Syrians do it. Who controls Hezbollah? Hezbollah have said themselves that they take their orders from Iran.

The Iranians just came out of a press conference, moaning about the west, and then saying how humanitarian they are, and there is growing evidence that they are playing a hand in the deaths of British troops. That is an act of war. And doublespeak is even worse.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yes, if Iran thinks this hostage issue will take the crosshairs off their country they are completely and utterly wrong.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Bugman82]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
if you guys want WW3 then keep wishing for an attack on iran.

Research recent investment in Iran , the strength of the $$$$$ , implications for investing countries if US attacks Iran.

Honestly if you wake up one morning and the US has started bombing Iran , then prepare for the absolute worst.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I find this quite ironic right here.
First off I tip my hat to Iran for the excellent way they played the whole situation. Do you think they really give a # about the British sailors? Hell no its all politics. Condemn the trespassing, give a medal of honor to the commander of the Iranian coast guard, have the british prisoners return in new suits and have tons of media showing how good they were treated etc. Not only are the Iranians making themselves look incredibly good, they are making the British and Americans look incredibly bad. Act hospitable to the prisoners and release them as a present, it is all politics my friend. Now any crticism for the Iranian nuclear weapons program on the part of the U.S and Britain will hold less weight. Exactly as you said it my friend. "Come on they just gave your prisoners back to you....how bad could they really be?" Dont fall for any propoganda, eh? Well that whole situation with the British prisoners and Iran was purely a genius publicity stunt on the parts of the Iranians aimed at swaying international opinion. Iranian fighters in IRaq...cmon look at how humane they treated these prisoners they wouldnt do that.

You want evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapons program? Well the evidence is overwhelming, I do not know when to start maybe when Iran said they wanted to nuke Israel off the face of the earth? Iran has developed numerous nuclear facilities for 'peaceful purposes' as a result of a Nonproliferation Treaty loophole. I am not advocating a military option with regards to how to deal with the Iranian nuclear weapons problem, however, Iran cannot be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons. If they do so what we will see is a chain reaction, regional instablility and soon there will be a widespread momentum shifitng towards acquiring nuclear weapons, commonly reffered to as a nuclear tipping point. The United States should not use military force against Iran and should start developing domestic policies aimed at reducing its own nuclear arms and reducing the salience of nuclear weapons. This long term strategy could combat nuclear proliferation far better than any military strategy.

But my friend I am afraid you are the gullible one if you believe that the recent releasing of prisoners in Iran is symbolic of the true Iranian nature. I would be more cautious than to say this totally dismisses them from any intervention in Iraq, and you have to realize the whole premise for the prisoners release was to do exactly just that, make them seem like they are doing no wrong at all, make you forget about their nuclear program and support for Iraqi militias. It was played briliantly on their part I must admit, but remember the Art of War is all about deception.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Think About IT]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love how easily we have been conditioned to label the capture of soldiers tresspassing on foreign land kidnapping. It is not the same thing. They used to be called POW's until that Lebanon fiasco last year when two Israeli soldiers were taken prisoner. The word kidnapping was used every 2 minutes afterwards and now it has become the reality. Funny, that brainwashing thing...

It looks more and more like Lebanon was a dry run, a practice to see how a modern fighting force would fair against Iranian weapons and training. Well...not so good is the answer. The precedent has been set, they even had the same damn excuse for war until Amedinejad pissed off the Blair by aceding to his demands. Iran just bought some time, but this isn't over yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost
I love how easily we have been conditioned to label the capture of soldiers tresspassing on foreign land kidnapping. It is not the same thing. They used to be called POW's until that Lebanon fiasco last year when two Israeli soldiers were taken prisoner. The word kidnapping was used every 2 minutes afterwards and now it has become the reality. Funny, that brainwashing thing...

It looks more and more like Lebanon was a dry run, a practice to see how a modern fighting force would fair against Iranian weapons and training. Well...not so good is the answer. The precedent has been set, they even had the same damn excuse for war until Amedinejad pissed off the Blair by aceding to his demands. Iran just bought some time, but this isn't over yet.

Well the controversy about this is that Britain said they were not trespassing, Iran said they were, both supposedly have GPS evidence. The calls is yours, the sailors said they were tresspasinbt but remember they were treated rather well with promise of retuning home. I would say the same thing if I knew it could lead to my release. But then again they could be telling the truth, they could have been tresspassing and perhaps when they get back to Britian they will be influenced to say they weren't. Based on this it is hard to say who is right or wrong all that I can conclude from this is that Iran came away with a pretty successful, highly advertized political victory

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Think About IT
You want evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapons program? Well the evidence is overwhelming, I do not know when to start maybe when Iran said they wanted to nuke Israel off the face of the earth? Iran has developed numerous nuclear facilities for 'peaceful purposes' as a result of a Nonproliferation Treaty loophole.

This is exactly what im talking about,
This is not evidence. Youve been conditioned to believe that is a justified way of thinking.
Is It impossible that they really do want nuclear energy?
Is it impossible?
You cannot say the evidence is overwhealming then say they are building nuclea research centres ( that under the NPT is allowed ) and that they want to wipe israel of the earth.
Neither of them are 'evidence' and i definately wouldnt say its overwhealming.

But my friend I am afraid you are the gullible one if you believe that the recent releasing of prisoners in Iran is symbolic of the true Iranian nature. I would be more cautious than to say this totally dismisses them from any intervention in Iraq, and you have to realize the whole premise for the prisoners release was to do exactly just that, make them seem like they are doing no wrong at all, make you forget about their nuclear program and support for Iraqi militias. It was played briliantly on their part I must admit, but remember the Art of War is all about deception.

We are supporting terrorist groups in Iran, why is ok for us, but not ok for them?
We do not belong in Iraq, so we cannot turn around and say neither are they.
We have no proof of then being involved in Iran. Im not saying they ARENT, but until we have proof we cannot act on it.

I agree, Iran are not the most moral country on the planet.
But they could of done ALOT worse in regards to the british sailors.
They were fed, looked after then released. Which is a LOT better than we are doing for any of the captives we took.

Again, why is it ok for us to detain iranian nationals on Iranian soil ( consulates and embassies ) but when they do it, its a haneous crime?

I agree with you, Iran needs to be dealt with. But im sick of people spouting the media's lines and eating up the propoganda.
We need to deal with Iran, but at the moment we have NOTHING to prove our accusations.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Then why did Iran orignally give out the same exact GPS coordinates as Britian AND the India merchant vessel?

And only AFTER that fact was pointed out Iran gave a NEW set of GPS coordinates?

The Iranians captured in Iraq were not in an Embassy or Consulate.

What proof do YOU HAVE showing that the US is supporting terrorists in Iran?

[edit on 5-4-2007 by ferretman2]

[edit on 5-4-2007 by ferretman2]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join