It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Found A Hypocrisy In Myself And I am Sorry.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just wondering how one can have a Christian AND New Age mindset

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I respect your introspection and the greater grasp that it has given you as you, as a person.
I think an admirable quality is the ability to learn from ones mistakes.
someone once said "the day I stop learning, is the day I die", and I think this is very true.
I would rather applaud you for recognizing this, and having the balls to say it, than castigate you for alleged hypocrisy.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by budski]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
big props 2 u.

if others did this and learned from it however, this discussion board would have 50% fewer posts

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
big props 2 u.

if others did this and learned from it however, this discussion board would have 50% fewer posts

Oh gosh, how true!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
SoT,
I don't think we've ever seen "eye-to-eye", but I greatly appreciate
your candor in this post.

Much respect.

Regarding religion, or lack thereof, have you ever thought of Deism ?

Just a thought,
Lex

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What, you mean the pre-historic goat herders who are taught dogma by rote and blew up the giant ancient buddhas and made women prisoners in their own homes....removed all medical care for women....,forced them out of their pea-brain dogmatic by rote educational system... not to mention their bad flying techniques...collusion or not....uppity stone age sexist rock throwers at rape victims....

The nice decent folks representative of every religion that vastly outnumber the dogmatic warmongering idiots probably are sick of them as well.

Ooops sorry,
Oooops sorry,
Oooops sorry,
Oooops, sorry.

Canuckistan specialty.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Speaker of Truth,

I admire in your honesty in this thread. You are enlightened and blessed.

I must ask Dock6 some question from a post on the first page of this thread.

Dock6,

You have posted:

Same with teachings in the Jewish religion, which state it's fine for a Jewish male to have sex with children as young as three years of age -- on the condition he ensures the infant does not 'contaminate' him. Again, this is bestial perversion and we NEED to condemn such teachings.

Can you provide evidence that these horrible claims are taught in Judaism and Islam?

I must say that I have studied Judaism and kabbalah and have read parts of the Koran and I have never come across anything that you have described in your post.

I would really appreciate it if you could provide some evidence of your claim in both the Torah and the Koran.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
All I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11/2001.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, I was really touched and impressed with your post. I admire your candid revelation and your willingness to be more open and less judgmental about that which you don't fully understand. I think that's really cool.

Good on ya!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, I am really impressed by you, it's not often that I see people being so thoughtful and introspective these days, but you have shown to me alot more faith in people. I'm not saying I'm right either and discussion, especially on ATS, has made me re-evaluate my own ideas on certain things too. It really makes me happy to see people who have the balls to be so candid on their inward thoughts.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
My main objection to Islam is the way it treats women as objects.

"Their Lord responded to them: 'I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another. Thus, those who immigrate, and get evicted from their homes, and are persecuted because of Me, and fight and get killed, I will surely remit their sins and admit them into gardens with flowing streams.' Such is the reward from GOD. GOD possesses the ultimate reward."
-- The Qur'an, Sura 3, Verse 195

I'm not a Muslim, but I do at least read. Seems pretty clear that men and women are supposed to be equal. Men all over the world treat women like objects, regardless of their religious faith. It has nothing to do with Islam itself.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger

And what did you learn on 4/19/1995?

/tn.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Great Thread
I think most religions tend to alienate themselves from others with claims of I'm right your wrong. Well, someone has to be wrong, I just happen to think most of them are, be it Islam, Christianity, etc.

I think that lack of knowledge like the OP stated is hindering tolerence. Show me the religion that encourages the study of all religions, thats where I'll be

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I think that lack of knowledge like the OP stated is hindering tolerence.

My opinion is: Acceptance over Tolerance.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You have voted SpeakerofTruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

speaker, you have shown great humilty and have stood out as a true example to the ATS community.

and i always kick myself every time i hear about sufi mystics because i think "speaker on ats should really know about these people"

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I wish it were that simple. But it's not. The strain of Islam that infects the leadership in the Middle East? Yup, we learned exactly what they wanted on 9/11. And they say every day what they want, if people are willing to listen.

But the person in the street? I'm definitely not willing to ascribe to them that view without proof. They're the victims in all this. They're the ones who are being persecuted. They're the real victims of all this terrorism. Their countries are shunned and too many people around the world think that the innocents are fueling this fire. A good chunk, maybe 10-15% are, yes. But most are horrified but afraid to speak out.

The problem is that people are too willing to throw the "racism" card around. You can't have a discussion about radical Islam without people thinking that you're a hatemonger. That's not fair, and frankly it's dangerous. Once you control what people can and can't talk about, then you've won. Once their so scared that they won't say what they think--when what they think is objectively reasonable--then we're sunk.

It is possible to be racist. Believe me. I think we've all seen the trucks that drive around with the despicable bumper stickers "Kill them all." I want to scream when I see them, because those people make it impossible for me to speak my opinion.

The problem is that we become introverted and start to blame each other, when we should be blaming them. You know what, 9/11 was partially America's fault, because frankly we've done some terrible things overseas. And Britain's 7/7 was their fault, because their 400 years of world-domination was a terrible display of what moralless countries can do to others. But I'd like to think that the West, while not perfect. has overcome many of the baser things that happened in their history. We can certainly debate what we have done, but we've done a lot of good things, too. But there are elements that refuse to blame anyone other than ourselves for these troubles. But they can't answer what should be done about us.... And while we argue amongst ourselves about who hates whom and who gave smallpox blankets to whomever else, those outside who want to do us harm are both emboldened that they can work unimpeded and empowered by the weakness that we have inflicted on ourselves.

That is the cost of irrationality and silence. That's what happens when everyone holes up in their ideological corners and begins to fight with each other and refuses to reach out; the real enemies outside are given the gift they need to defeat us: discord.

That's why I think this thread is so important. We're all fighting to find the truth, and we so often get stuck in our preconceptions that we can't look beyond ourselves. And that's the only thing that could ever defeat us.

You have voted SpeakerofTruth for the Way Above Top Secret award.

[edit on 4/5/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Originally posted by kleverone
I think that lack of knowledge like the OP stated is hindering tolerence.

My opinion is: Acceptance over Tolerance.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Xeros]
I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

And all I needed to know about you I learnt today, TheAvenger.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
That's very true. That is the sorry part of this whole "war on terrorism." Many good people are suffering for the bad of a handful.

That's very true. I have some Muslim friends who are afraid to admit their beliefs openly as they are worried that they'd be seen as "terrorists."

But the main problem is that Islam, as it stands today is seen as the most extreme and violent religion in existence today. With good reason.

Many people, not only in Iraq, but also parts of Asia are suffering from Islamic terrorists. Beheading and kidnappings happen all to frequent around the world because of Islamic fundamentalists. And this is giving Islam a bad name and a bad look to the western populace.

Not all people of Islam are terrorists, but the problem is, how do we pick out who is who?

They are like a wolf in sheep's clothing. They do not wear uniforms to identify who they are. This is what scares most people. So they take a very cautious (and sometimes hateful) stance on Muslims world wide. And I'm sorry to say it, but I completely agree.

We can't really tell who is who before it's too late. And until we do figure out a way to distinguish those enemies of Islam, Christianity and the western world, this is how's it's going to continue to be.

And as you said SpeakerOfTruth, many people do suffer because the handful. And that's what is truly heartbreaking about the whole issue.

But we can still be respectful and vigilant at the same time.

Frontkjemper

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut

And what did you learn on 4/19/1995?

/tn.

About the same as 911. That explosions shake buildings for miles.(I felt it, about 3 miles away) I learned how to work the volunteer relief effort downtown with my wife and co-workers. I learned that the bomb or at least part of it was likely fertilizer because one of my lab colleagues went to town and collected a sample shortly after the blast occurred.That sample had a very high level of nitrogen. 168 people died, many were children from the Murrah building's daycare. Many were injured. Oklahoma victims and families received zero compensation from the federal government while the 911 victims received up to millions. The Oklahoma victims were in a FEDERAL building! There were and are many conspiracy theories about this terrorist attack. I personally saw the damage up very close. A local T.V. reporter has/had credible evidence of Mid-Eastern involvement, but the F.B.I. would not accept this evidence from her. A very suspicious attack on middle America. I do not think Mcvay and Nichols were smart enough pull off this attack alone. Conspiracy? Yes in my opinion. Middle East connection? In my opinion, Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join