It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Big brother's already here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk... - lie detectors for benefit

news.bbc.co.uk... - talking cctv cameras

Apologies if these have already been posted.

I really do want to leave this country asap but is anywhere else really any better.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
As for the lie detector, i have no problem with it, if your making a legitimate claim there's nothing to worry about, if it help stop the benefit cheats im for it.

And the talking CCTV cameras how cool is that i want one on every street corner if it cleans up the streets of a night time and reduces the amount of crime im for it.

as for you leaving the country, why ? if you done nothing wrong whats the problem as for there being anywhere better than the UK probably, yes the UK has more CCTV cameras than all other EU countries but they all still have them.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This sure looks like the wild stuff you see on Alex Jones'--prison planet.
www.prisonplanet.com...

I would have thought with our Orwellian characteristics here in the USA that we would have beat the UK to the punch on this one. Then again, maybe we have and just don't know it. I have heard there is one camera for every ten people. I can't remember where I heard those statistics, but they sounded over the top to me.

Here's another interesting link:
infowars.net...

Kindy creepy using kids voices ...

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Regarding the benefits lie detctor test, how they will deal with the people that are receiving disability for conditions that include symptoms such as panic attacks and nervousness? They'll fail as soon as they answer the first question!

I know people who are a bag of nerves due to thier condition, they can't even handle a face to face conversation with someone, let alone being asked to hook up to a machine and keep nice and relaxed.

Why are they even using a system that is proved to be unreliable at times anyway?

CX.

top topics

join