It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush speech on Iran attack said to have been already written

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moogsman

The US DOES NOT WANT THERE TO BE ADVANCED CIVILIZATION ANYWHERE! They have to keep Persia down, an ancient civilization, the birthplace of mathematics, they have to keep them down, so they dont rise to prominence

WOW.. So I guess the US should nuke the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Australia, Canada, on and on....

You will probably find that each of those countries is also a birthplace for many civilized advancements.

If you think there is civilized civilization anywhere on this planet, then you have been stuck in the lower realms for too long, you forgot what peace and freedom REALLY is.

You are not free, you are not even free to drive down the street without government permission.

But back to the topic, Bush had his speech ready for the attack of Iran, yet there hasnt been an attack yet.

And people still say that this was not a provocation, people say this isnt all set up? They planned to invade long time ago!

[edit on 5-4-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Im pretty sure Bush didnt write the speech and im also sure that there are already various "speeches" ready to go on a moments notice on any variety of countries and situations. That being said, i put $$ on it that we DONT attack Iran.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Bush does not have the support to stage an attack on Iran. Even after the British hostage situation the people of the United States will not allow another "Iraq" to take place (at least that is what I hope in my heart).

Think about how happier our nation would be (and the nations around the world for that matter) if the United Sates became a nation that didn't involve itself in the internal affairs of other nations but provided its own citizens with the liberty they desire. The hate we recieve as a nation is a result of us dabbling in the affairs of other nations. If we were not the "police" of the world there would not be resignation towards our nation.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Bugman82]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If we didnt play worlds policeman, we may very well become policed by someone else. When a country is as powerful as the US, it must control vital interests beyonds its borders to maintain that power. Policing it is a way to do it and im all for it.

Pax Americana

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here is something to think about. Not fully related to this thread but may be of use.

Why is the Army investing the money to form a whole new brigade? This includes troops, weapons, vehicles, and other related gear. It is supposed to be ready to deploy by April '08. Less than a year to be fully combat ready....we don't even have weapons yet. Did I say we? I meant they.

Just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ekilo,

do you have more information regarding what you said about the rush to form a new brigade?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In all due respect to Lightworker, I must ask the following question: Are you all for to the threat of a nuclear Iran or are you just putting your head in the sand?

Let’s start off with the president of peace, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Early on his life he was a politically active student and involved in a little something called Iranian Hostage Crisis. To his credit, he didn’t want to go after the US embassy at first. (He thought that Soviet embassy was a better strategic target.) But the holy Ayatollah blessed the takeover, so it was a-okay! Several of the hostages and former Iranian President Bani Sadr stated that Mahmoud was involved with the hostage crisis.

Let’s swing the clock to Ahmadinejad as president. Two months after his election in August, 2005 the president of peace holds a “World Without Zionism” Conference in October 2005. He states:

"Israel must be wiped off the map"

Is that a call for peace or a call for genocide? You be the judge.

But it doesn’t end there! Two months later, in December 2005 on live TV, he denies the holocaust ever happened!

He’s also banned CNN, www.rsf.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Wikipedia, Youtube, and good ol’ rock and roll.

What a nice guy to remove all those unproductive thoughts from Iranian minds! Thank you , big brother Mahmoud!

Part 2 later...

[edit on 4/6/2007 by Cowboy Clint]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Okay, on to part 2, the yo-yo history of Iran in the 20th century.

Let’s begin at 1953 with the ousting of Mohammed Mosaddeq. Despite being a corrupt and ineffectual leader, Mosaddeq got the ire of the British government by turning private oil fields into state run oil fields. (and in the long term, create BP Gas.) now Iran would control the oil output instead of the free market. Since the UK got the majority of its gas from Iran, Churchill and pals were up in arms. They got the US involved stating that Mosaddeq was in bed with the reds. Commie smasher Eisenhower gladly signed on and told the CIA to get involved. The result was Operation Ajax Thusly, Mossadegh was tossed out and Dr. Ali Amini was appointed Prime Minister.
So yes, the CIA was part of the overthrow of Iran’s Prime Minister. But we must remember that Operation Ajax was largely a British operation and had involved the US under false pretenses. BTW, The US apologized for Operation Ajax in 2000.

Switch now to the 60’s and the White Revolution. Since Operation Ajax, Iran was ruled by the Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Let’s take a moment and look at the Shah and his policies. Coroneted on September 16, 1941, The Shah oversaw Mossadegh’s run and fall as Prime Minister. After Operation Ajax, he was given back the reigns as absolute ruler. While the thought of a monarchy usually brings thoughts of Mad King George to us in the US, it was not to be for the Shah’s reign. Under the recommendations of Ali Amini, Dr. Sayyid Hasan Arsanjani, and Us President, John F. Kennedy, the Shah made sweeping reforms to Iran called The White Revolution

The White Revolution brought modernization of land reforms, anti-feudalism, national parks, unions, anti-corruption, literacy, and women’s suffrage to Iran. The Shah was hesitant to bring such big upheaval to the country. The reforms would anger the rich land owners as it divvied up their land. The Islamic clergy were also upset with the reforms as it disabled their powerbase in rural Iran and gave women the right to vote with financial support. Last, the White Revolution undermined the Shah’s own rule with radical democratic changes. But the revolution went on anyways and for the most part, life was good in Iran.

Now we get to the Iranian Revolution. The land owner elites and the shi’a clergy, upset by their influence being destroyed by the Shah, they conspired against him. At the center of this coup was Ayatollah Khomeini. At the time of the revolution, the ayatollah was exiled for a speech against the Shah, the US and capitalism in general.

After the death of the radical Islamic philosopher, Dr. Ali Shariati, young educated Iranians looked for a new mentor for their growing interest in an Islamic revival. They found it in Khomeini’s book, “Hokumat-e Islami: Velayat-e Faqih” which translated means Islamic Government. The book argues that government should be run in accordance with traditional Islamic laws and for this to happen an Islamic jurist must provide political "guardianship" over the people. (AKA, a dictator.) The book was not widely published, but spread hand to hand by supporters of the exiled Khomeini. The reason for this was that many moderate and secular Muslims would be up in arms against the idea of a theological dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Part 3, the Iran Revolution and the lovely thought of a nuclear Iran…

So the Iran Revolution happened in 1978. Land owners backed Marxist guerrillas and assassins. to destabilize power. The clerics spread disinformation among the poor and rural fractions, bringing them up in arms. While the pro-Islamic students staged violent protests in the streets. The Shah went into exile and Khomeini returned, now the absolute ruler of Iran, thanks to the ideas presented in his book.

Thus, Islamic fundamentalism ruled the land of Iran and still does to this day. Ali Khomeini reigns as supreme leader of Iran after the death of Khomeini in 1989. Oddly enough, he put a fatwa out against the use of nuclear weapons. But I guess the president of peace, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has selective hearing when it comes to listening to the Islamic leaders.

Both the US and Iran are parties to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The International Atomic Energy Agency has stated that Iran is in violation of the safeguards agreement related to the NPT, due to insufficient reporting of nuclear material, processing, and use. So where is this nuclear material going? Could it be for nuclear weapons?

Despite unanimous UN sanctions against Iran, the country continues its uranium enrichment program. And as of today, April 9, 2007, Iran has declared a national day of nuclear energy. Now they can make all the nuclear fuel that they want! Happy day!

So as you can see, Iran is run by theological madman, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Oh sure, he claims that the nuclear energy is for the modernization of Iran. But the White Revolution, the reform that did bring that modernization was brought to an abrupt end by the fundamentalist regime of Khomeini. And one of the supporters of that regime was Ahmadinejad. It’s obvious that he’s lying about his “peaceful purposes” and is making nuclear weapons for his genocidal dream of wiping Israel off the map.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So when do we bomb these guys? I thought it was suppose to happen last Friday?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What ever happen to the April 6th bs?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
The US DOES NOT WANT THERE TO BE ADVANCED CIVILIZATION ANYWHERE!

Right...that must be why China and India and Vietnam and Brazil and Mexico are not the largest US trading partners and their countries are slowly becoming ADVANCED and they are becoming industrialized. One huge reason is because the US outsources, racks up trade deficits, trades tech, etc.

But the US doesn't want anyone to be advanced.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Why do some of you doubt this? It could very well be true.

I guess we have to wait and see but what's so hard to beleive about this one? This is Bush's damp dream come true and it will happen one way or another.
Dont be surprised. I know i wouldnt be.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yep, all someone has to do to verify that is to call tech support. My wonderful compaq laptop had to be returned 5 times last year and most of the initial tech support calls went to the Philippines or India.

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

One huge reason is because the US outsources, racks up trade deficits, trades tech, etc.

But the US doesn't want anyone to be advanced.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So what happened to the attack on Iran that was suppose to happen on April 6th? What about the Russian reports of an immenent attack?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, imminent doesnt necessarily mean within 24 hours or today....I interpret it as 2 or 3 weeks or so. I guess its just how you look at it.
Remember, its probably "Newspeak"

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
well said lightworker.

I also know some people from Iran. The people of Iran are not a threat. Sure there is a bit of corruption in the government, the very same corrupion in other governments such as the U.S. government. But the citizens themselves don't have anything against america. Ahmadinejad himself says that he respects the citizens of America. He only dislikes America's current government because they are sort of a 'bully' to other nations. And he dislike's Isreal's government (but repsects its citizens and he said he respects Jews).

And is it wrong to question a country's government? Many americans themselves question their own government thanks to their 1st ammendment rights (although now, it seems they are labeled as criminals for being anti-american, which shows more signs of corruption in the U.S. government by taking away certain freedoms such as the freedom of speech).

I would hate if we went to war with another country with no justification.

If there is one thing I learned, it is that the mainstream media is very capable of manipulating people because people with money have influence over major networks. People with money have power and want to keep their power by any means necessary. But now there is hope thanks to sources such as youtube which is a great way for independent media to thrive.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Curious, you are right that we should question our goverment. Our first amendment rights give us that capacity and damn sure it we use it to the full extent here on ATS!

I just wish Iran had the same freedoms.

The goverment there controls all the television channels. (All six of them.) It has blocked several major news and information sites such as Wikipedia, NY Times, Amazon, Blogger, IMDB, and your YouTube.

Hell, they even blocked access to AmnestyInternational.org. Now why is that?

Reporters Without Borders has reported that Iran has become the one of the most Internet censored countries since Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came into power in 2005.

And Ahmadinejah can talk all he wants to about how he 'loves" the US and Isreali people. Actions speak louder than words. Hosting a "World Without Zionism" confrence and the building of nukes are pretty loud actions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join