It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been having these recurring dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this belongs here, so please excuse me if it's out of place.

I've been having this recurring dream about the end of the world. Before I tell you what I see in my dream, I'd like to say that I'm not very big on the end of world view and not exactly a religious man, either. However, that's precisely what my dream is composed of.

Anyway, I'll try to be brief.

In my dream, somehow I know it's the end of the world. There are large holes in the ground, which seem to attract people to it's location. When the people get near it, they walk right off the edge and into the abyss. It's almost as if they have no control over their actions, sort of like a hypnotized person. In the dream I only see one of these large dark holes, but somehow I knew that they were all over the planet. The location I find myself in appears to be the base floor of a building, and in this building there are a couple of elevators, although, only one ever seems to work. I'm not alone in this place, there are many others, including people I know in the waking life. Most of the people are walking toward the dark holes, while others are standing in front of the elevator to go up. I've no idea why they're going up, but I do know that I'm not in front of the elevator or walking toward the hole. I'm sitting on a couch somewhere between the elevator and the dark hole in the ground with a few others, including one of my friends. The dream usually ends with the elevator door opening and the people waiting in front of it getting on. Right before the door closes, I'm always walking toward the elevator (I'm not trying to get on) and then I wake up.

I've had this same dream maybe 3 or 4 time within the span of maybe a year. I'll be honest, I haven't given this dream too much thought in terms of doing some research on end of world prophecies, but I can see some sort of similarity to religious beliefs of how the world is believed to end.

Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Impreza]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Before I tell you what I see in my dream, I'd like to say that I'm not very big on the end of world view and not exactly a religious man, either. However, that's precisely what my dream is composed of.

It makes sense how you could have recurring dreams relating to these things. Recurring dreams seem to usually be about subconcious worries that we sort of neglect in real life. You rarely read about a recurring dream that was pleasant and carefree, and had nothing to do with what turned out to be the dreamer's life (people you know are in yours, for starters).

I'll be honest, I haven't given this dream too much thought in terms of doing some research on end of world prophecies

Until now? I would do that, give it some thought and make peace with the "end of the world" scenarios.

What we think of as "the end of the world" is usually a small thing... a dream is a small thing too... I think the end of the world is a concern to you, or maybe it is a neglected interest to you even. Either way, the recurring dream will pass on whether you face it or not, you'll move on to some other worry, or some other peace. Like I said, a dream is a small thing

That is my input on it.

What is your mood during the dream? This is just a curiosity of mine.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Until now? I would do that, give it some thought and make peace with the "end of the world" scenarios.

Yeah, I think this dream has sort of opened my eyes and I'm slowly moving in the direction of looking into the subject with some depth.

That is my input on it.

Your input is certainly appreciated, thank you.

What is your mood during the dream? This is just a curiosity of mine.

I'm fairly calm and am simply observing everything around me. I don't think I ever speak to anyone, even to the friend that's sitting right next to me. In fact, now that I think about it, I never see anyone speak in the dream. It's as if the situation is understood and accepted by everyone, and they all know exactly what they're supposed to do.

I never mentioned this, but there is one girl in the dream that always catches my eye. She's waiting in front of the elevator and I always think about going up to her to get to know her better, but I never do.

join