It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longest recorded snake possibly caught in Indonesia!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here's a few more pics

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kraken
Yes. Good find on the pics. That snake is huge. I would like to see a pic of it stretched out though. It is hard to judge it's size when it is coiled up. I hope they don't end up killing it either. That would be a shame.

Its lucky it wasnt killed in the jungle for food. I've seen poor villagers eating snake meat from reticulate pythons and one this big must've been tempting to serve up at the next family BBQ

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
One more Pic

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I more than believe in snakes being 110ft long, there is just too much of the world left we haven't completely explored, and there is more than a good chance that there could very well be creatures of that size.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I found another news story link:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This one looks like it has actual video of the snake. I don't have WMP9 on my work machine so I can't view it yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Great Find! That snake is pretty freaky looking. His head is the size of a Cantelope.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Its lucky it wasnt killed in the jungle for food. I've seen poor villagers eating snake meat from reticulate pythons and one this big must've been tempting to serve up at the next family BBQ

yeah, I can see how that one went down...

Haji: "You get it!"
Naji: "No, YOU get it!"

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
HA HA!

Annother drop kick to the head of Conventional Science.

Keep it up people!

I must have missed the drop kick....what was it?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
if you live in new york they are about to show a story about it on channel five, hurry up!!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I read about this snake a few days ago, but these are the first pictures I have seen. Holy crap, that is one large and in charge snake. I would hate to be swimming and have this thing come up next to me. Pretty amazing creature.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
......and matching shoes ain't back from the tailors yet, it's still crawling!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I asure you itd ALOT bigger then the pics show...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
in captivity just because he's big? damn i think i'll stop eating these cookies..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good find, Kraken- I just saw on MSNBC a report on this snake, it is 49 feet long. The report also stated that villagers who caught it had revered it as a god, and that it ate 4 or 5 dogs a month.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What an amazing predator. A 50 ft. snake was only a myth days ago. This beast should be put back in the wild though, It's a shame to see it displayed in "Kong" fashion.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brodee
What an amazing predator. A 50 ft. snake was only a myth days ago. This beast should be put back in the wild though, It's a shame to see it displayed in "Kong" fashion.

agreed

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yes, it is a shame that a creature this magnificent is displayed in this manner. It is good to see new discoveries like this though. This snake exceeds the previous world record by almost 20ft. That in itself is amazing. I hope that once all of the hoopla dies down that they will find a suitable home for it, or release back into the wild. It is good to see that at least they have a pool for the snake in that cage.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nice pix BTW.

If they release it back in to the wild there is a good chance that someone else will catch it and either kill it for the skin or keep it as a pet, just because of it's record size. One that size would be almost impossible to humainly keep as a pet unless it was a Zoo or a habitat with the proper equpiment.
Retics are not the nicest snakes either, they will bite people (eat whole in this case)
It should be put in a habitat or wildlife refuge where it can be protected from poachers IMO.

I had a 13 foot Burmese Python as you can see in the pic below.
She was around 7 ft in this pic

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What is plug doing in the cage with that big fat jabber of a snake ? people these days just dont have any sense! anyone seen that pic of that Anaconda they cut open and a body was inside, i seen it a while back in a copy of "Front" magazine but wondered if one of you guys found the sick photo on the tinternet
!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Worlds longest snake...no longer is. Seems no one put a tape measure to it, until now

www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join