It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longest recorded snake possibly caught in Indonesia!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
www.local6.com...

Indonesian villagers claim to have captured a python that is almost 49.21 feet long and weighs nearly 992.07 pounds, an official said Monday.

This is big news if true. This could mean that there are possibly even bigger snakes out there and legends of gigantic 100ft snakes seem less and less far-fetched.

*Edit Unfortunately, I cannot find any pics at this time. I'm looking though.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by kraken]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Holy Crap a 50FT snake!!

Are there any pictures of the thing?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I like how it says "nearly 992.07 pounds"... That looks like a pretty precise number to me... Unless, of course it was 992.069 and they just rounded it up...

that is a big flippin snake though... I wish there was a pic on that news story...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah! Love to see that. If I saw that in the jungle, I would take the worlds largest crap-in-the-pants.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
man o' man

sounds too good to be true...I'm awaiting verification

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I found pretty much the same story on Yahoo. So, this news is not just on one site. This could be true afterall.

Link: story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/indonesia_giant_snake

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This could be a picture of it!

news.bbc.co.uk...

It doesn't show any references so determining how big the snake really is is impossible in the picture. You can tell it is a big one though.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
dang metric system

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
dang metric system

www.convertit.com...

Online Conversion. It's really cool.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Kraken

Well, that's one huge snake, that's for sure! Good find
I'm sure we'll just keep on finding more and more animals of unimaginable size in the future, and they'll just make legend's monsters look friendly next to 'em...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

Originally posted by exdog
dang metric system

www.convertit.com...

Online Conversion. It's really cool.

I thought we gave up on trying to teach us American's that when I was in 3rd grade

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
3 or 4 dogs a month!?!
I know of a chihuahua that it could have for a mid day snack!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yip one heck of a snake alright....Wonder how he got that big.........

Actually, I heard it was living behind an orphanage....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
HA HA!

Annother drop kick to the head of Conventional Science.

Keep it up people!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
wow!!! i grew up in malaysia and brunei and i have seen reticulate pythons in the swamps and jungles and you just cant grasp their size untill you are up close an personal.... they are huge and really really scary if it was hungry and wanted you for lunch you'd be snake turd in no time

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't think that snake they show is the real one, because it doesn't look very big to me. Based on it's size vs. the floorboards that is.

A 50 foot snake however is big, I just don't think that's a pic of the 50 foot snake.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here it is....

A huge reticulated python sits in its cage at a Indonesian recreation park in the small Central Java town of Kendal December 30, 2003. The huge, dark-colored male snake has a diameter of 2.8 feet, weighs 984 pounds and is 48 feet, 7 inches long, according to keepers at the Curugsewu park. (Dwi Oblo/Reuters)

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Here it is....

A huge reticulated python sits in its cage at a Indonesian recreation park in the small Central Java town of Kendal December 30, 2003. The huge, dark-colored male snake has a diameter of 2.8 feet, weighs 984 pounds and is 48 feet, 7 inches long, according to keepers at the Curugsewu park. (Dwi Oblo/Reuters)

Holy crap! Where did you find that picture?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yahoo!

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20031230/od_nm/snake_dc

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes. Good find on the pics. That snake is huge. I would like to see a pic of it stretched out though. It is hard to judge it's size when it is coiled up. I hope they don't end up killing it either. That would be a shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join