It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Project Mogul made up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Does anyone here think that Project Mogul was made up to continue to deny the truth about the Roswell Incident? I for one do.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I've read claims that Project Mogul started in 1946, but since the U.S. most likely knew about the UFO threat before then, that still doesn't exclude Mogul as a decoy for UFO sightings.

Was it made exclusively to deal with the threat of UFOs and public sightings of them? I'll go ahead and say yes to this. Sure there is no evidence to such a thing, but I'm sure that if ET craft were known before the Roswell crash, then much of what the Air Corp put into the sky was likely an effort to deal with the problem.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I see no reason to believe that project mogul was not legit but it may have been faked too?

Anyways we would agree that that project was a poor explanation for what happened around Roswell NM anyways.

I have had some theory for awhile with no validity to it that somehow mogul' did have a legit connection to ufo's and maybe the military was not lying entirely. Was it possible that mogul' was the eye in the sky for the military watching alien ufo's that interceptor jets would normally scare away? Just a hunch.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Does anyone here think that Project Mogul was made up to continue to deny the truth about the Roswell Incident? I for one do.

I don't believe that the project was fabricated. But if you are referring to the Roswell incident, the important thing to remember is how many different stories the AF/Army gave the media.

First they said it was a flying saucer, then they said it was just a weather balloon. Then finally they said it was Project Mogul that included dropping dummies.

Well, you could say that they decided to use the weather balloon story because the original flying saucer story was false and the incident was actually the project mogul but they didn't want people to know about project mogul and they thought the flying saucer story would cause too much panic.

I would believe this story if it weren't for all the first hand stories about dead aliens and that they smelled badly, and the ultimate link to the flying saucer connection - The Gen. Ramey note. The note has been enhanced to show words like victims, crash, disk, and flying.

Ultimately, I believe project mogul was real(I don't see any evidence to think it wasn't), but I believe the first story the Army/Air Force released is the correct explanation.

[Edited on 2003-12-29 by DClark]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Exactly,

why would the military ever admit to flying saucers or crashes or aliens or any of that if it was not legit?

those most paranoid of all do not reveal their true fears unless they are realized.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Exactly,

why would the military ever admit to flying saucers or crashes or aliens or any of that if it was not legit?

I don't know the true reason but I have a couple of good theories that are sound. I've never liked our government. I don't trust them. Never have but here's my answer to your question.

I saw a poll recently that stated that if most people found out the truth about UFO's and aliens here on earth they wouldn't panic. Another poll said religion wouldn't matter. I've never seen any indication that aliens want to harm us. Nor have I seen any indication from reliable sources that they are working in secret with our government to take over the world. So the government is keeping it secret for their own personal agenda. What is that agenda? Possible takeover by the NWO using alien technology to control us and our minds and then prepare us to go to war with aliens from other planets because the government can't stand to live in peace with us. They always seem to want to be at war with somebody because they enjoy it. They get a kick out of it. Example: We had to find some excuse to go to war with Iraq. I could go on and on but that would take awhile. Anyways, that's my theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Found what I was looking for....courtesy of TheCat, on an older Roswell thread...

The balloons they were using were the same as for the weather tests, nothing special. The only part that could have been secret was the equipment pod at the bottom. This could have been transported on its own, the rest of the debris would have been worthless.

The military also claim the 'alien bodies' were test dummies from 'Project Excelsior', and the 'alien' that Glenn Dennis (the Roswell undertaker) saw in the truck was an injured 'pilot'.

Test dummies WERE used for project 'Excelsior' at the beginning and human pilots later. One crashed, and trapped the pilot's head, causing it to swell to twice its normal size. This, they say, is what Dennis mistook for an 'alien'.

Problems: Project 'Excelsior' took place during the late 1950s and early 1960s, 10 years AFTER Roswell.
Before'Excelsior' was 'Manhigh' during the mid 1950s, and then 'Stargazer' at about the same time as 'Excelsior', all doing high altitude parachute tests.
Also, the Roswell witnesses described the 'alien' bodies as being fragile-looking and between 3 and 4 feet tall. The test dummies were 6 feet tall and weighed 200 pounds. Not exactly a match is it?

I don't know if Mogul was made up, but the military tried to fuse two totally unrelated projects, Mogul, and Excelsior, to explain away Roswell (an attempt that was piss poor in my opinion)... I do think that Mogul doesn't make sense though, as it was scrapped BEFORE the Soviets detonated an atomic bomb.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well now that you've all convinced me that Mogul wasn't made up, I still believe it was definately not what crashed at Roswell in 1947.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
excuse my ignorance, first I've heard of Mogul... Looks like I will be googling away.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Project Mogul was the latest "official" explaination given by the Air Force, in yet another attempt to quell the Roswell crash...it was a few years back.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So basically we have 4 possible explanations given by the Air Force/Army and the now Air Force.

1. An alien flying saucer
2. A weather balloon
3. Project Mogul(testing for atomic detonations
4. Project Excelsior(high altitude parachute jumps

3 and 4 happened at different time periods but somehow they managed to have equipment from both projects crash in the New Mexico desert at the same time.

here's a couple links describing the projects.

Project Mogul

Project Excelsior

I believe the first story is the correct one, why would you make up that story? I know, I know, Major Marcel somehow couldn't tell the difference between a weather balloon and an extraterrestrial flying disk.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
mogul was not atomic detonations and there was another project called HIGH DIVE that involved strange materials that were used for the makeup of parachutes this was related to EXCELISIOR

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by raptorx
mogul was not atomic detonations and there was another project called HIGH DIVE that involved strange materials that were used for the makeup of parachutes this was related to EXCELISIOR

Project Mogul wasn't about atomic detonations????

Did you click on the link?
Project Mogul
Project Mogul 2
Project Mogul 3
Project Mogul 4

So tell me Raptor, if it wasn't about nuclear tests/detonations, what was it about??

new topics

top topics

join