It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donavon Stays With Gators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Billy Donovan is speaking at a Big Green Scholarship Foundation event in the Henderson Center at Marshall University later this afternoon.

The coach said after Florida's win over the Ohio State Buckeyes in the National Championship game he plans to stay with the Gators, despite rumors of a possible job offer from the University of Kentucky.

External Source

I already knew he was staying b/c he already told some players/new recruits here that he was but i just thought yall would like to know

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks.... as a Kentucky fan I was happy to see Tubby go, wasn't real excited about Donovan coming in...

not sure who I'd like to see as the Wildcats new coach...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
He stays but.......

(ESPN)-Florida's four juniors to enter NBA draft
Florida coach Billy Donovan told ESPN.com that juniors and likely first-round draft picks Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green will declare for the draft by the April 29 deadline and sign with agents, preventing them from returning for their senior season.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well kentuckey has that guy from A&M and we still have billy ball to look forward to. Next year will be intresting with the talent we have coming in and the raw talent that will be used. I'll miss the oh fours but change is always good. I hope we can at leat get to the sweet 16 next year. Billy will find a way. Great Great coach and a nice guy =)

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How quickly things change.
Apparently everyone has their price,as he has now left Florida to coach the NBA's Orlando Magic.

(ESPN)-Billy Donovan will be named the head coach of the Orlando Magic on Friday, several sources have told ESPN.
Thursday, after weeks of waiting for the University of Florida to finalize his new seven-year contract, the Magic offered Donovan a big-money deal. Sources say the deal is shorter and smaller than original reports of a six-year, $36 million deal. The Associated Press said the deal is a five-year, $27.5 million contract.

sports.espn.go.com...

Full story here
sports.espn.go.com...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I heard that but i dont believe it. In the local papers he says he hasnt personally spoken with The Orlando Magic yet. He said he was going to stay and wanted to stay..the only way I can see him leaving is money but I KNOW the school will give him anything.

My ex roommate babysits for his kids and she said his wife made it sound like they were going to stay in Gainesville. If he left...all hell would break loose in this town, and people would start pointing fingers.But I guess we wont know until a contract gets signed.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID. HE LEFT..I CANT BELIEVE...THIS SUCKS.:shk:

top topics

join