Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Nobody.....and I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hotdog......

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I only eat hot dogs with ketchup (catsup) only, or with chili only. Mixing them or any other condiments screws up the taste, IMO.

I don't really like mustard, so I don't use it, and sure as heck don't mix it with ketchup.

I cannot stand sauerkraut. The smell alone sickens me.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
heh. I'm eating a hot dog right now... with Ketchup!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The word Ketchup comes from China (fa real)

And so does the concept of Hot Dogs, although the original spit roast grey hound was far tastier that the "mixed meats" they pump out these days.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The creator of this thread should not click this:

How a hot dog should be

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh, by the way...

Chili of ANY sort on a hot dog is completely gross. :shk:
You're basically slopping a mess of oil, pepper, and mystery meat on top of a hot dog thats already composed of oil and mystery meat. Its a disgusting combo that is infamous for indigestion and dysentery. THAT'S RIGHT, DYSENTERY!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
HEY!!! Chili is good. It's really good with cheese and onions.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
The creator of this thread should not click this:

I clicked it, and then I threw up in my mouth.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
mmmmmmmmmm...

That hot dog looked good.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A hot dog is supposed to have Ketchup.

[edit on 15/6/07 by galm 1]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im a mustartd and relish man my self. maybe some kraut, bbq sauce, or chilli if it's there...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
Where do you think the best place to get a hot dg is? I think it is at Martinsville speedway.

Chicago is the place to go for the best hot dogs! We also have the best polish sausage here, too.

For hotdogs, we have a place called Byrons. Actually I think there is a chain of them now.

They put everything imaginable on it. Darn thing is a veritable salad on a bun! And I ain't kidding. (And for Dr Love, they'll even put ketchup on it -
)

For polish sausage, we have what is called "Maxwell Street Polish Sausage", you can get 'em at most places that sell Polish sausage.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Chicago is the place to go for the best hot dogs! We also have the best polish sausage here, too.

For hotdogs, we have a place called Byrons. Actually I think there is a chain of them now.

Ok, gotta agree with you on Chicago being the best place for dogs. There was this little place in the burbs called Norm's and he made each hotdog into a work of art. Relish, mustard, thin slices of pickle, tomato and onion topped with a sprinkle of celery salt.

Bleys

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Originally posted by Ghost01

don't forget the crutons!!!

Crutons? Galm, You know what a cruton is, don't you?

Crutons are those tiny squares of hard bread people add to their soup. Who would put a cruton on a hotdog?

Tim

I didn't post that originally!!!

Who did?

Tim

I did. I was just being sarcastic. To me, adding ketchup to a hot dog is as outrageous as adding butter, curry powder and croutons!

The best hot dog to me is a boiled Sabrett's hot dog with mustard and the pushcart style cooked onions in red sauce. MMMM! Brings me right back to Manhattan!

[edit on 6/20/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Any of you "freaks" insist upon putting ketchup on a hot dog, I'll let you slide. After all, it's just a hot dog.

But the first person I catch putting ketchup anywhere near a bratwurst that's been perfectly cooked in beer before transferring to the grill for the final char -

Don't even think about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys Relish, mustard, thin slices of pickle, tomato and onion topped with a sprinkle of celery salt.

Oh, no. It has to be a Vienna Beef Hot Dog, steamed bun with sesame seeds, mustard, onions, relish, tomatoes, lettuce, thinly sliced cumber, dill pickle "spear", a couple of sport peppers, then the sprinkle of celery salt. All of that, as a minimum. Pehaps even a little saurkraut, and sliced black olives, as well.

Yummy! I'm gettin' hungry now.

btw, ketchup on dogs, is for kids.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It has to be ketchup! There's nothing else good enough

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Any of you "freaks" insist upon putting ketchup on a hot dog, I'll let you slide. After all, it's just a hot dog.

But the first person I catch putting ketchup anywhere near a bratwurst that's been perfectly cooked in beer before transferring to the grill for the final char -

Don't even think about it.

Hmm.........this thread is making me hungry. So tonight, beer brat with only ketchup!! YUMMY!!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
Hmm.........this thread is making me hungry. So tonight, beer brat with only ketchup!! YUMMY!!

Rookie.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
How is Secret Titan a rookie?

P.S. did any one else notice what it said for this thread in the "MY ATS" secton after Yeah Right's last post?

Nobody.....and I mean
NOBODY puts ketchup
on a hotdog......>> yeahright

Dose anyone else see the irony in this statement?

Tim

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I use ketchup thanks....not into mustard...THe ocassional chili dog is good, but I still put some ketchup on that as well.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join