It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is bigfoot a loner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I guess this is a riddle that has been bothering me for a long time. How come every picture or video of bigfoot, yeti, blobsquatch, swamp ape, etc the creature is by itself? It doesn't matter if it is a picture from Canada or Mongolia, they are always by itself. If someone has one I would love to see it.

My issues with this are that humans and non-humans primates are very social animals, that enjoy companionship. Most non-human primates also have a structure hierarchy. They by nature, are very curious animals. Yet every picture of bigfoot he is just walking along through the woods by himself.

They also do need to reproduce. But, there still are no mother/offspring pictures. Being a large primate or whatever they will probably need to spend years of nurturing from its parent. You would think it would be easier to find two animals together than one. From the videos that are out there it is apparent that these animals don't make a lot vocal noises either. Something that would separate it even more from its relatives.

I do think it is possible that there is a large bipedal out there that we haved identified yet, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something on why they don't act anything like humans or apes.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Maybe because it is harder to fake a picture of a family of creatures than just one hairy guy in a suit.

I don't know.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you research the topic about the Philadelphia Experiment (sorry I don't remember exactly where I read this), but someone that was part of it discusses that a Bigfoot creature was somehow engineered and/or created (government, lab, I don't remember) and is not really a standard animal that we are familiar with. But I do remember when I read it, it made sense to me why this creature would have such an odd behavior.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
If you research the topic about the Philadelphia Experiment (sorry I don't remember exactly where I read this), but someone that was part of it discusses that a Bigfoot creature was somehow engineered and/or created (government, lab, I don't remember) and is not really a standard animal that we are familiar with. But I do remember when I read it, it made sense to me why this creature would have such an odd behavior.

I'm pretty sure the Navy's Philadelphia project isn't related to bigfoot. I believe the sailors involved in that were either fused to the ship or some just disappeared completly.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bigfoot isn't always a loner. In fact I think it is the less composed, or those with less psychic connection that are seen. Check my post with pics of what I believe are two beings on the same path a smaller following a larger.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You might check out the website ufoexperiences.blogspot.com... It is an active site and has a lot of rather spectacular bigfoot experiences in it. They have been seen in groups or familys and females often have young ones. Another good site is www.earthfiles.com... which is Linda Moulton Howe's site and she likes to report on bigfoot creatures. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Bigfoot isn't a loner. In many cases, sightings are of multiple creatures, or the tracks of multiple creatures. Here in the Walla Walla area of Washington. A gentleman of my aquaintance, who wishes to remain anonymous, and has promised to do very painful things to me should I mention his name
, has told me that given the number and frequency of sightings in this area, he's always been of the opinion that there is a group of at least 20 or so in the area above Walla Walla and Dayton, back in some very rugged hills and borderline mountains.

I doubt very much that Sasquatch is a loner at all. Small family groups or maybe even a primitive tribal setup seems more likely to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I'm pretty sure the Navy's Philadelphia project isn't related to bigfoot. I believe the sailors involved in that were either fused to the ship or some just disappeared completly.

It was the Montauk program specifically, which is related to the Philadelphia Experiment.

The Montauk program was brought to an abrupt halt when "Jr.", the Bigfoot monster was brought into form (via Duncan) and proceed to wreck the base.

Source:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

ATS Discussion:
The Montauk Project

Plenty of information on it via google:
Google: Duncan Cameron Bigfoot

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Bigfoot isn't a loner. In many cases, sightings are of multiple creatures, or the tracks of multiple creatures. Here in the Walla Walla area of Washington. A gentleman of my aquaintance, who wishes to remain anonymous, and has promised to do very painful things to me should I mention his name
, has told me that given the number and frequency of sightings in this area, he's always been of the opinion that there is a group of at least 20 or so in the area above Walla Walla and Dayton, back in some very rugged hills and borderline mountains.

But your friend won't take any pictures? Any proof he could be a rich and famous guy. I know that is not what everybody wants in life, but with 20 animals he should be able to get some evidence of a breeding colony.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

But your friend won't take any pictures? Any proof he could be a rich and famous guy. I know that is not what everybody wants in life, but with 20 animals he should be able to get some evidence of a breeding colony.

Well, just because he thinks that they're might be twenty or so creatures back there, doesn't mean that they're are, and if there was, then it doesn't mean he would see them.

They'd probably either smell him or see him and take off before he even knew they were there. Not to mention, it isn't really a smart idea to walk into a group of 20, 9-foot primates whilst snapping photos left and right. Might make them just a little bit angry.

And, contrary to popular belief, Bigfoot is very vocal, just not when he's trying to hide from us. When he doesn't think we're around, he can pull off some rather interesting sounds.

Here's a link:
www.oregonbigfoot.com...

While I can't speak for the validity of any of those clips, I can say that a good many of them sound remarkably like a Bigfoot, having heard one personally.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the sound clips viodmaster.

A lot of them sound similar, and if they are real and come from different areas I think it is some good evidence. They also do sound like calls that a primate would make.

I guess what I don't understand is why they don't act like a wild animal. With so many reports in the US how come we don't see these creatures eating out of trash cans like every other animal that lives in the woods? You would think they would be drawn to dump sites because all the available food.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
He has attempted to find Bigfoot to take pictures but no joy. He's got plaster casts, but nothing special. You are correct in the assumption that he has no real evidence of the group, he has seen several different sets of tracks, but no creatures belonging to the tracks. He just thinks it makes sense that where there are three to four which he's identified, there are probably more around.

I've always thought that Sasquatch is at least partially nomadic, if not totally. After all the small groups that have been seen are not big enough for a breeding population.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I guess what I don't understand is why they don't act like a wild animal. With so many reports in the US how come we don't see these creatures eating out of trash cans like every other animal that lives in the woods? You would think they would be drawn to dump sites because all the available food.

I wonder the same thing. Maybe they are just intellegent enough to know to keep away from people. I mean really, if the gov't actually captured one of those things, do you know the hell it would go through? Perhaps it senses that people in general would mean it more harm than good.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the sound clips Voidmaster.

A lot of them sound similar, and if they are real and come from different areas I think it is some good evidence. They also do sound like calls that a primate would make.

Well, it seems that they were made in different areas, because they all have different echo dynamics. The way they sound indicate a wide variety of landscapes, including rolling mountains, canyons of a sort, and woodland.

Please understand, I'm not any sort of professional when it comes to sound, however, I have been told on a variety of occasions that I have a very keen ear.

If something doesn't make sense, check your premise. Your premise is that Bigfoot is a wild animal, and you don't understand his behavior based upon that assumption.
If Bigfoot doesn't behave like the average wild animal, we must assume that he doesn't quite fall under the same intelligence level as other wild animals.

A raccoon will raid a garbage can, because theirs food in it.

A Bigfoot will stop, weigh the consequences with the benefits, and decide to not raid the trash can.

This tells us that Bigfoot not only has basic idea of consequences, but he also has a concept of 'before' and 'after'.

I think that's plenty enough intelligence to evade the sort of search effort that is looking for him currently, which is hardly any.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hey testrat, hope you dont mind me asking but what is the origin of that photograph that you use as your avatar? Is it real? If possible, could you provide the link with more info on that photo because it looks very interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Hey testrat, hope you dont mind me asking but what is the origin of that photograph that you use as your avatar? Is it real? If possible, could you provide the link with more info on that photo because it looks very interesting.

I really have no idea. The picture is mostly a mystery to me. I was hoping someone would tell me what it is, because I'm not even sure of the origin of it. It can probably be a topic on its own.

Not to veer too much here, but here is a close up picture. Fake or real, I still think it looks cool.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You should post a thread asking what other ATSers think of this photo. We'd definitely find a plausible origin that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My guess is a Giant Snakehead.

top topics

join