It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Talking' CCTV scolds offenders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

'Talking' CCTV scolds offenders

news.bbc.co.uk

"Talking" CCTV cameras that tell off people dropping litter or committing anti-social behaviour are to be extended to 20 areas across England.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

[edit on 4-4-2007 by souls]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was not aware that the UK was getting heavy in these camera's. Sounds to me like the whole A.I. deal is advancing at a steady pace. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, since it was on Drudge. Today they are manned, tomorrow ...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Our local morning show Dean and Rog was talking about this this morning. So funny I damn near drove off the road.

The UK is on the fast track to 1984.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thats pretty funny.

I wouldn't litter if I saw those around. Have a camera start yelling at you in front of a bunch of people.

[edit on 4/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can you imagine a polite camera operator telling a girl on the street Ummm Mame your skirt is hiked in the back and your bloomers are showing

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When I was in high school, I used to ride the trolley (public transportation) and they use technology similar to this. I was walking on the trolley station once, well walking on the tracks, and a voice over a PA came on and shouted, "Hey, stop putting rocks on the tracks!" I wasn't putting rocks on the tracks I was just walking on them. It makes me think about how accurate the interpretation of one's actions are portrayed by the observer. They could just as easily search anyone, or yell at anyone who they think is doing something wrong. "Sir, you are not walking in a straight line!"

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"Soon, ve vill know vere you are ALL ov ze time! Unt ve vill be able to shout ze orders at you from a thousand miles avay!

Hmmm... I vonder if ve can charge people who litter wiv ze Terrorism charges?"

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
From my perspective, albeit American, they can watch and comment to me all they want in public. So long as they don't start trying to find a way to issue a ticket based on some perceived violation that wasn't witnessed 1st hand. Camera's are great but don't always catch the entire picture.

I think of this akin to those red light camera's ... which I actually supported, under the concept of if someone runs a red light they deserve a ticket. But a few issues are how do you prove was driving ... the owner of the car gets a ticket but that's not fair and legally they can't be compelled to disclose the driver, it's the states job to prove a charge beyond a reasonable doubt ... something that gets forgotten in the traffic courst.

For some municipalities it has nothing to do with safety and accident reduction, the reason the program was touted to begin with. But it's turned into an easy and in some places deliberate revenue source.

It's been proven in a few studies that the red lights camera's do not reduce accidents in interesections nearly as much as simply increasing the yellow timing by about a second or ensuring that the yellow is timed to coinicide with what speed 85% of the drivers on that road go.

new topics

top topics

join