It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas to use Bible as Textbook in Schools?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I see variations of this stuff all the time in posts similar to this one. About the Crusades and the Inquisition and similar concepts.

What is most alarming to me is the tendency of people to put a Christian slant on them.

This is what I mean by thinking outside the box of what passes for teaching and even learning today.

So many people tend to use these events as examples of Christian conduct and it is obvious to me that they never expect to be challanged on this concept and expect to default through.

Anyone knowing any Bible at all knows that there is no such instruction to carry out a crusade in the name of God or the Bible. Nor is there any such instruction to carry out a Inquisition.

By this I mean and intend to say that anyone or any group doing this is not operating by Christian instruction. They have taken on another instruction and by this also taken on another god. Not the Christian God. It is simple logic if you know Biblical instruction.

Yet so may attempt to use this to show flaws in Christain doctrine. Amazing.

It is the same with the woman caught in Adultery in the Book of John. Caught in the very act and brought before Jesus and the Pharisees. The Pharisees wanted to catch Jesus in a misinterpretation of the Law. Yet it was they who were misinterpreting the Law. The Law said they shall be stoned..meaning two. The Pharisees only brought the woman...caught in the very act..where was the man?? HOw do you catch a woman in adultery and not catch a man?? They were not keeping the Law as they claimed but instead had counterfitted the law and disobeyed God. They had also switched to another god and another bible.

But one would not understand this concept if one did not know any Bible or what it means and does not mean. It would be very easy to reshuffle the deck on any thinking of a person who did not know.

Same concept here with the Crusades and the Inquesition. But how many can think outside of the box??

It is very easy to deceive people if they dont know or have not been taught.

Is there a moral lesson here. Is the concept of counterfitting taught in public schools?? Think this through carefully. How about the information necessary to tell if the king has on clothes or not?? Is the king naked??

Remember what I said in a previous post about legal and lawful.

Lawful pertaining to the substance of the law..what the law was intended to accomplish.

Legal pertaining to the form of the law..the appearence.. not the subatance of what the law was intended to do but only to make sure the "i"s were dotted and the "t"s were crossed.

Could one of these be a countefit..intending to only keep up appearences..not to insure the intent and results of the law while maintaining job security for some?? Feudalism??

Would a public education system be want to teach us this much for our benifit??

It is obvious to me and some others that Seperation of Church and State is a concept promoted by certain of the founders to limit government. It was never intended to limit the public and their ability to worship or practice what they believe.

Yet we see exactly the opposite taking place...even in our educations.

Is there a counterfit taking place here?? A doctrine being enforced on the public which was never intended.

You notice that when this stuff is carried out..stuff like the exclusionary rule...this is a ruling. This " ruling " is how they skirt the issue and go on to do what was never intended by the founders and inflict limits on the public never the government. This is how things are turned upside down.

This is Phariseeism at work. THe Law said that "They shall be stoned" The Law he Pharisees were keeping said by thier "exclusionary rule" that women get stoned for adultery and men do not. This substitution was not God's Law. It was the law of another god.

The Inquesition was not God's instruction. The Crusades were not God's instruction. You find no such thing in the Bible. Yet many swear that it represents Christian doctrine and practice.
Are these two historical events Phariseeism?? Counterfits being used to represent Christianity by default to an ignorant public??
Think it through carefully.

YOu see how simple it is to insert a counterfit and so few catch it??

YOu devise rules to get around the rules. You devise certain teachings in public schools but dont show the whole history or thinking outside of the dogma being foisted on a ignorant or uninformed public.

But if you knew some bible ...you would catch it. You would know that the king is naked and has on no clothes.

You will also get a hint as to why some are so concerned about the Bible being taught in public schools in any manner. They might learn how to tell a counterfit and also by this that the king has on no clothes.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree with you and I think you have phrased it much better than I. The biggest problem in our public schools on this and many other issues is that there are so many people and groups with their own agendas sticking their fingers into our public schools that teachers simply don’t know which way to turn any more. Amen and thank you. (Yes, the “Amen” pun was intended….I will now go off to the foredeck and flog myself.)

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Scuttle Tew
I agree with you and I think you have phrased it much better than I. The biggest problem in our public schools on this and many other issues is that there are so many people and groups with their own agendas sticking their fingers into our public schools that teachers simply don’t know which way to turn any more. Amen and thank you. (Yes, the “Amen” pun was intended….I will now go off to the foredeck and flog myself.)

Agree overall with your premise here in your post.

I would like to add to my previous post that Seperation of Church and State....though not actually spoken about in the Constitution...was spoken about by some of the founders in certain articles they have written and survive to this day.

Seperation of Church and State is a limit on government. THe concept of Limited Government is not spoken about in the Constitution either but if you readl the first Ten Amendments to the Constitution it is obvioius that the government is limited.

The government shall not..
No government shall
this or that shall not be required..
Powers not delegated to the government
This or that shall not be construed...

All limits to the government...not to the people. This is quite clear in the first Ten Amendments. THsi was to prevent government "mischief" as the founders were wont to say.

Seperation of Church and State was a limit on government for the very same purpose ...to seperate the church and state to prevent the mischief of which was so prevalent in feudal europe and asia. The historys of these nations, being well known to the founders, they were quite concerned with this history not being repeated here.

Yet we today interpret the Seperation to mean limiting the public in thier beliefs and worship..a total flip flop......while the government itself has a preacher opening government sessions with a prayer...on public property..state property.
This is feudalism..of the kind which was so repugnant to the founders.

Lords, barons, and titled persons conducting themselves in a manner forbidden to the public. THe very thing the founders did not want to happen here has happened. A feudal class among us with great privelege while holding back the rest of us and then paying for our education so that we dont catch them at this very thing. In short..dumbing us down....by ...exclusionary rules. Talk about legalized stupidity!!

You have to go to public school to get this dumb and not catch it. Ordinary people left to thier own devices are not this dumb.
Public schooling=television education..

One more thing...the teachers are not running this show..not possible.
They are controlled. They do not have liberty to be real teachers...they would be fired or removed if they did.

Some of us have gotten over our public schooling but it has taken a lifetime so to accomplish. We know the king is naked and are willing to tell/teach others. We try when we can to teach the fingerprint of what and how to see counterfits. There are many around us and growing in number.

Thanks to all for thier posts,
Orangetom

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Scuttle Tew

Agree overall with your premise here in your post.

I would like to add to my previous post that Seperation of Church and State....though not actually spoken about in the Constitution...was spoken about by some of the founders in certain articles they have written and survive to this day.

Seperation of Church and State is a limit on government. THe concept of Limited Government is not spoken about in the Constitution either but if you read the first Ten Amendments to the Constitution it is obvioius that the government is limited.

No government shall
this or that shall not be required..
Powers not delegated to the government
This or that shall not be construed...

All limits to the government...not to the people. This is quite clear in the first Ten Amendments. This was to prevent government "mischief" as the founders were wont to say.

Seperation of Church and State was a limit on government for the very same purpose ...to seperate the church and state to prevent the mischief of which was so prevalent in feudal europe and asia. The historys of these nations, being well known to the founders, they were quite concerned with this history not being repeated here.

Yet we today interpret the Seperation to mean limiting the public in thier beliefs and worship..a total flip flop......while the government itself has a preacher opening government sessions with a prayer...on public property..state property.
This is feudalism..of the kind which was so repugnant to the founders.

Lords, barons, and titled persons conducting themselves in a manner forbidden to the public. THe very thing the founders did not want to happen here has happened. A feudal class among us with great privelege while holding back the rest of us and then paying for our education so that we dont catch them at this very thing. In short..dumbing us down....by ...exclusionary rules. Talk about legalized stupidity!!

You have to go to public school to get this dumb and not catch it. Ordinary people left to thier own devices are not this dumb.
Public schooling=television education..

One more thing...the teachers are not running this show..not possible.
They are controlled. They do not have liberty to be real teachers...they would be fired or removed if they did.

Some of us have gotten over our public schooling but it has taken a lifetime so to accomplish. We know the king is naked and are willing to tell/teach others. We try when we can to teach the fingerprint of what and how to see counterfits. There are many counterfits around us and growing in number.

Thanks to all for thier posts,
Orangetom

[edit on 3-5-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
In the uk in most secondry education there are lesson's called R.E or religious education.

These classes are given by a number of peaple who dont actually seem very religious on top.

However when you dig a little deeper you find that most of these teachers are deeply involved with the church in some way or another.

It's odd to say the least.

They discuss such things as RACE, ABORTION, GAY RELATIONS, SEX, CRIME, GOVERNMENT ? and many many more things.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
In the uk in most secondry education there are lesson's called R.E or religious education.

These classes are given by a number of peaple who dont actually seem very religious on top.

However when you dig a little deeper you find that most of these teachers are deeply involved with the church in some way or another.

It's odd to say the least.

They discuss such things as RACE, ABORTION, GAY RELATIONS, SEX, CRIME, GOVERNMENT ? and many many more things.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by h3akalee]

I must admit...at first reading of your post here you lost me. I did not make the connection until the day later.

This pattern you mention is the kind of stuff they would be discussing at places here stateside..like Union Theological Seminary up near Richmond , Virginia.

THese things you list or itemize are things or concepts of this world....after the god of this world.

I am wondering if they contrast this with Scripture and what it says about these things.

For example the Scripture never mentions race in the manner of men. It mentions nations..not race. The use of the word race in Scripture implys to run a race or to win a race...never in the man made construct of todays poorly used English.

No mention of Abortion or Gay Relations. What it does say is to do not as the Nations surrounding you have done for the land is defiled. Or another mention is to not take on the appearences of this world.
What is also clear to those who know the pattern or can think past the next sound bite on the television...is that the Scriptures also do not instruct the believer to define themselves by thier sexuality......ever. This is clear in both Olde and New Testaments.
Why is this...because the nations who were already doing this had defiled the land with their practices. They were already doing this. This was the common pattern and practice among most of the nations of the world in Ancient Times.
THe scriptures do not say that Believers are not to have sexuality..but not to define themselves thus. Not to glorify this as were already the nations surrounding the Believers doing.

Notice that this is not a concept talked about or taught in public schools in lieu of todays "authorized defaults" in conduct or thinking.

The Scriptures do not say alot about crime in the manner of peoples today. However it is obvious that when you take Scripture as a whole...the fingerprint of a nation breaking down is that " The land is filled with violence" or "They have filled the land with violence." and again..."to do violence to."

Now these are not concepts of which you will learn in public schools but if you are aware they are unmistakable and identifiable.

I am also well aware of something about the UK no matter what they teach in public schools and colleges. You will find more people any time of the day down at the local pub than in church or having church. The Churchs are noticably empty in the UK.

Someone would like this pattern repeated here in the USA. To have us take on the UK and Continental values. No thanks.
IN my mind ..the UK and the Continent have gone severely downhill.
THis is what they are attempting to do to our education system...follow the UK and Contentinal models.

Thanks,
Orangetom.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In reply Tom i think we have all gone down the pro-verb hill some more than other's.

I would also say that church during the week is almost non existant and on sunday's there is little attendance in the uk.

Most like myself prefer to go to the pub and come home at around two in the afternoon and enjoy a sunday lunch.

My personal opinion is that the church is a buissness and the true role of jesus if any has been distorted.

I do however believe in a higher creator a G-D if you will. However i dont beleive going to church every sunday will bring me closer to him.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 4-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
In reply Tom i think we have all gone down the pro-verb hill some more than other's.

I would also say that church during the week is almost non existant and on sunday's there is little attendance in the uk.

Goodness me...I did not know it had actually detiorated that far...I knew it had gone down hill but not quite to that extent. THank you for clearing this up for me h3akalee.

My personal opinion is that the church is a buissness and the true role of jesus if any has been distorted.

I do however believe in a higher creator a G-D if you will. However i dont beleive going to church every sunday will bring me closer to him.

I agree Lee...most church organizations are in fact buisnesses. I dont agree with tax breaks for churchs. This is not seperation of church and state as is part of our culture. The amazing thing to me is that most of my Christian bretheren are totally ignorant of this concept. I do not believe a church goer should be able to deduct on thier taxes for giving to their church or any church. This is not seperation ..it is a tax subsidy. A price support by the government of the church organizations. Both the Government and churchs have "bloody" hands on this one.

Churchs should be tax immune..not tax exempt. Churchs should not have a tax number as do so many here in the states...this too is not seperation of church and state. Once again the government and the churchs are scamming the believers on this one ..even scamming non believers..too.
I find this disgusting behaviour on the part of these two organizations.

Also Lee..I agree with your position on going to church...as in the building ..going to church.
Church is ....whenever two or more are gathered in His name....There is He in the midst of them. THe church is the assembly not the building or the organization. What a scam the organization has pulled off on the public along with the government.

THe assembly ..the people...not the building or organization.

THe church meets and the church goes home.

People have church right here on the web....in hallways..out in fields, at work...etc etc. Wherever they are.

They are brought together by Faith...not by going to church. They are brought closer to God by Faith...as Faith is one of His names....among many names.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join