It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New picture of two huge weird structures on the moon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by disownedsky

First, I see no evidence of airbrushing in the first image.
Second, I see nothing anomalous in the amateur astronomer's image.

I know of 2 other members here at ATS that would agree with you.

Surely there are more than just 2 members who apply critical thinking and denial of ignorance here at ATS!!

Heheh....I hope so! I feel I've got an open mind - but to my eyes the only difference between the two Kepler NASA pics that I can make out it that one is of a lower resolution (hey, it WAS 1966!), and the sceond one has a far better resolution, and the lighting on both photos differs immensely - which is why there *seems* a discrepency...although, there isn't really, as far as I can see.

The original photo this thread is about is interesting. However, the link to the higher res version doesn't seem to work....so the jurys out for me.

J.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This is a portion of NASA Lunar Orbiter photo LO-III-84M known to many as the "tower". This photo was taken sometime between February 15 and February 23, 1967. It rises approximately 6 miles above the lunar surface. It is made a some kind of transparent material so that it is virtually invisible except when the viewer or camera has the sun somewhere behind it so as to cast a shape by reflection. In this case as Lunar Orbiter came around in Lunar Orbit, the sun, although not visible, was just behind the object enough to give it definition.

John,

Thanks ever so much for the post of the pics. This is intriguing, and I will have to further research the details behind the disappearance/crash of this orbiter. I will comment for a moment that I do not specifically see a "Soul Sucker" or whatever, but I do see an extremely interesting structure found on the moon.(which in my opinion is foreign to the moon) Though some of the skeptics here seem to think I delve into everything you post as truth, but I have enough sense to read you signature, so I realize you are putting forth information as you interpret it.

I thank you for being willing to deal with the naysayers so that those of us who want to study what you offer can do so AND THEN form a conclusion.

Lastly John if you wouldn't mind please post your records (at least pics etc) that you feel are important here, as I am most intrigued.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

John doesn't need me to discredit him. He does an admirable job himself. Nor does he need you to scurry to his defence (you won't get any points for doing so), he also does a good job of that by himself too.

I'm sure there are some people on this site who trust his every word - I'd guess that you are one of them. However, as I see it, most of what John tells us is bunk. But he is an entertaining story teller, which is why I like him and his posts!

Sorry mods... but i have to comment on this entire post.

I have been reading ATS for 7 1/2 years... I had an account but quit using it during the troll wars of the late 90's early 00's. I have no interest in points, and if you will check I have posted 2 threads since I have been back on ATS.
Both about a topic I am interested in RESEARCHING.... same with what John brings to the table, the man has something to say, the least you could do would be to listen.

Theres an age old adage that seems to be often forgotten here on ATS...
If you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

Secondly, a lot of people on this board need to look up the meaning of the term skeptic.

1. a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.
2. a person who maintains a doubting attitude, as toward values, plans, statements, or the character of others.
3. a person who doubts the truth of a religion, esp. Christianity, or of important elements of it.
4. (initial capital letter) Philosophy.
a. a member of a philosophical school of ancient Greece, the earliest group of which consisted of Pyrrho and his followers, who maintained that real knowledge of things is impossible.
b. any later thinker who doubts or questions the possibility of real knowledge of any kind.

So thusly, a skeptic DOES NOT disregard off hand. A skeptic researches and neither believes nor disbelieves a statement without validating the facts of the statement for themselves.

So, before you actually criticize someone for jumping to the defense of a highly respected contributor to this site you should ask yourself one question...

"Am I posting just to argue, or to add credible debate to the discussion???"

I will take the liberty of answering your question for you. you are posting to argue. Take it somewhere else, some of us would like to learn, as opposed to argue.

Coven Out

I responded to you because nobody seems to remember to read John's Signature.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I suggest, Coven, that you leave the moderating to the moderators. If anyone is violating the T&Cs they will let us know. We really don't need you to nanny us and instruct us on what we can and can't say.

I also suggest you go back and read the entire post that you have partially quoted above. You will notice that it gets back on topic, after briefly responding to your previous off-topic banter, and comments on the photo John Lear posted.

This post is about lunar anomaly, not Lear idolatry!

[edit on 16-7-2007 by torsion]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
Lastly John if you wouldn't mind please post your records (at least pics etc) that you feel are important here, as I am most intrigued.

LOL That would take a lot of work
I would suggest going to this thread to look them over...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by jimbo999
The original photo this thread is about is interesting. However, the link to the higher res version doesn't seem to work....so the jurys out for me.

Your joking right? The original pic in THIS thread? So much for "deny ignorance

Tomra explained that one on page 1, post 13

Originally posted by tomra
They are a mechanical part of the satellite. I can´t remember which thread this images used to be discussed in but it was on here a couple of months back.

Thre image is two frames overlapped, thats why its cutoff in the left side

:shk:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

So how do you come to the fantastic (and rather hilarious) conclusion that it is a 'Soul Tower' and not the outgassing from a small meteor impact or the like.

Outgassing into a vacuum is unlikely to be able to receive, contain, sort and transmit billions of souls. Check Bad Astronomy for a good thread on outgassing on the Moon.

So you are stating that this 'Soul Catcher' of yours is fact then? You must be as you are stating that it 'receives, contains,sorts and transmits billions of souls'
You obviously must have factual proof for these amazing claims? Please present the proof, also could you present the scientific proof of the existance of a 'soul'

I will repost here something I said in another thread about you.

"I realise that it is your opinion John. But you should realise that there seems to be an awfull lot of easily influenced people reading this Forum.
You have a past of being a well know semi public figure and as such people will blindly believe anything you say. As such you have a responsibility to those impressionable, easily influenced people but you seem to care not a jot about the damage you could be doing to those easily impressionable people.
As your qualifications show, you once were a highly intelligent person and I fail to see how such an intelligent person can spout such utter rubbish, without the slightest speck of proof, about such things as 'Soul Collectors' and 'Reptilians'.
WHY do you spout such unprovable tripe? As far as I can see it is simply to court either notoriety, or to maintain some for of higher profile.
I can see no other reason for a normal rational person to post such ridiculous statements as you have done."

[edit on 16/7/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
Looks like an artificial structure -- perhaps some kind of travel tube for aliens to reach their launch pads where their launch vehicles await. Very cool, thanks for the post!

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Does anyone in here ever read the threads?

Excellent! carnival of souls quirky sense of humor traps yet another unsuspecting victim.
Sorry Zorgon, you been had. Have to watch out for this one!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

This post is about lunar anomaly, not Lear idolatry!

[edit on 16-7-2007 by torsion]

and if you will Note I have asked John for information or contributed to the thread. Also as you seem to have not noticed the last post was about the general lack of respect to Mr. Lear for putting his ideas forward. I do not where you get off assuming that I am a lear Idolist. I do want to see more of the information Mr Lear has. Now if you were willing to contribute anything but bunk and troll like comments to this thread I would understand, but twice you have stated I am basically here bowing down to John Lear, his IDEA'S, and you state I am not interested in the discussion at hand...

I have asked john for particular pictures which he provided... last I checked the pictures I requested are anomalies from the moon... Where did I go off topic? Ohhh... right... when you stated that I idolized John Lear, that I MUST believe everything he says because I didn't immediately post... 'Oh John you Nut here you go again'.

Sorry sir but if you re-read the definition of skeptic above you will note, that it does not say "denies statements without research" it says"questions" and "Maintains a doubting attitude". For you to act as if I am being ignorant or self righteous (trying to attack you to defend John Lear), is ignorant in itself.

and the mods statement was an apology for using a large quote of yours... if you read the T& C you would know that... and lastly no one is telling you what to do... its a free country... if you don't like it you can ignore my posts... but those little red Warn Labels appear pretty quick if you disrespect a MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR to this website. Its not Idolatry; its respect and common courtesy. Lastly if the mods think my post of explaining to those of you that don't understand what a skeptic is, and proper board etiquette they can always *SNIP* it....

now back on topic... lunar anomalies... anyone care to post the thread zorgon and tomra are talking about? As I am INTERESTED in this topic I like to research and learn things for myself, so I figure those of you that know of the thread could Either link the thread or the Meta tags that will lead us to it.

Coven Out

P.s.
Zorgon Thanks for the Moon Picture Thread... I'll check the Johns Contributor board to find the rest of the stuff...

I would assume he has posted all of the video and images on Bob Lazar?
(really wanna see the video of "UUp reacting" if john still has it)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join