It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New picture of two huge weird structures on the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by disownedsky
(. There are an unlimited number of possible faked images.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

Especially by NASA.

Anyone who's spent time viewing images on google earth can see very similar repetitive patters in various places. not quite the exact same shape, but sort of a criss-crossed line that seems to go on for miles. Some people have considered them very large flying crisscrossed lines, or even said they appear very similar to those darts people capture of high frame motion (bugs, whatever..)

IIRC they are caused by long exposure and the fact that the images are stitched together.

Im inclined to think thats what this is.. I cant find any images of it right now, but Im sure those of you who've used the keyhole forums for google earth should know what I mean...

edit - Oops forgot to mention also parts of the satellite taking the snaps.. kinda missed making the point there..

[edit on 4/4/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
what side of the moon is this on??? dark side or the side facing earth?

id love to try and find that thing with a telescope.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Check this picture out

Mystery solved!
(as far as I'm concerned) Great work ATSers!

Woo-hoo!

OMG !!!! You found the secret Alien Podway !!!!1

I hear those leprechauns made it for them..

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
They are a mechanical part of the satelite. I can´t remember which thread this images used to be discussed in but it was on here a couple of months back.

Yes, they do appear to be a part of the lunar satellite caught in frame. Dead giveaway that both objects are identical and cropped off at the right edge. The photo is a mosaic with the right image overlayed on the left image.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It is possible that they are only large rock formations that look like structures. then again, many people believe that man has never even set foot upon the moon.....

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
isn't this just a corkscrew run through the photograph and then photographed that? it looks like a corkscrew and it's 3D while the moon seems flat like it's paper.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Care to elaborate how you thought that it was a chain of meteor / comet impacts? If you ask me it's quite clear that the "pole" isn't flat on the ground.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
It's simple really. It is a series of impact craters. A small asteroid has broken up in space most probably due to gravitational pull. The pieces still travelling together have impacted the moon in close unison one after the other. Just think of the Hale-Bopp Comet when it crashed into Jupiter ( obviously the pieces of that asteroid were spread out more in that event, but the same principle )

What we need is a higher resolution picture to confirm this but I am confident this is the case.

Nice try. But they would not fall in a perfectly straight line.

OOOOPS I stand corrected. MY BAD. Sorry.

No debunking necessary. This is a simulation

[edit on 4-4-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For me, this thread is a perfect example of the fact that the debunkers are subject to the same tricks of the eye that the believers are. Any time any picture is released that is purported to show structures on the moon, debunkers come out and shout that it is just tricks of the eye. And I'm sure often it is.

I just hope this thread goes to show how artificial structures can appear as natural structures as well as vice versa.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Booming Business

I think NASA needs to learn to stop putting their thumbs over the camera lens.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If we assume the most likely cause, I think that it's probably from a meteoroid or other object landing and bouncing as it comes to rest, causing a patterned impact trail. It would come from the right to the left, making the first "bounce" the largest, then decreasing in size as it bounced to the left.

Bingo!

You win the analysis prize! That's indeed what it is, and there's a number of these on Earth and on the other planets.

What bothers me about that is the the pattern seems to be different across the top than the pattern across the bottom.

In anddition to the factors you mentioned, the object would be breaking up AND the landscape it hit is not uniform.

Good catch and good explaination.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Bingo!

You win the analysis prize! That's indeed what it is, and there's a number of these on Earth and on the other planets.

Um, maybe you should go back and read the thread again. It's a boom coming off the sattelite, and the images that were stitched together make it seem like there are two of them. It's not on the surface at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Byrd, i think you didn't read all the thread.

It's much clearer that it is the picture of the antenna of a satellite combined with the result of combining pictures together to create a bigger picture.

This was explained and there was a very good photo displayed that proves this theory to be very much so more possible then the meteor craters.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yep its the boom from the Sat. You can see it on tons of old Nasa moon images. This one is just respliced and doesnt show the boom continuing up to the craft or lens. Understandable to think this is a tower or other structure in this image though. Now there are structures and plenty of them on our moon but sadly that good pic is not one of them.
Keep looking though.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In this post is another clearer picture of a boom from the satellite.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Byrd, Thank you for your praise. I just about melted.
Even though I was wrong, I think it was a pretty good analysis, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
John has it absolutely right....

To be completely accurate, the images taken from Apollo 16 are from the metric camera (it has a horizontal resolution of 20 meters) located in the scientific instrument module (SIM) within the service module. The boom that you see is the gamma ray detector to map the moon's composition. There is another boom, the mass spectrometer boom, that is not visible in the OP's image. Both booms are about 25' long.

The film from the metric and panoramic camera were subsequently retrieved by the crew on a space walk on their way back to earth...

Very cool photographs nonetheless.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Acharya,
I suggest you see if JP Skipper at....

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

...will comment on the photos. He has posted analyses a number of Lunar anomalies from NASA photos.
His e-mail is:
[email protected]

B.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Benevolent,

The moon amd Mars are rife with "apparent" non-natural shapes and structures.

JP Skipper www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

also,

Richard C. Hogland's www.enterprisemission.com...

Defering to their investigations, I would have to say that these are evidence of humanoid activity.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
I´m pretty sure (not 100%) this is the low/high gain omni antenna on one of the orbiters/surveyor. Searching for pictures including the "moon" on ATS is pointless as you have to spend days to dig through the material, sorry, i´m just unable to find the correct thread.

It appears in two places due to image stiching.

Maybe Zorgon remembers as he seems to be pretty updated on the moon. John?

LOL Page two before someone figured out its the antenna on the spaceship... Good call Tomra and yes its on there twice due to overlapping images

But thats a nice collection of theories we got here...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bprintz1
Benevolent,

The moon amd Mars are rife with "apparent" non-natural shapes and structures.

Defering to their investigations, I would have to say that these are evidence of humanoid activity.

bp, did you read the posts on this thread before posting? Nyet! I don't think so. Because if you did, you would've got to know that it's nothing but a part of the Apollo module.

And yet you're inexplicably trying to put a spin on it by referring to JP Skipper, Hoagland etc and insisting that it's evidence of some 'humanoid' activity'!

*Shrug* Off to the bar! Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join